Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 11:44 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
That poor 6 year old. How was he even out unsupervised if he had already been a target of the 8 year old? And if an 8 year old is already escalating to this type of bullying, he needs to be sent to baby camp or else we will be hearing worse about him in the near future.
He was in his own backyard with his sister. What is baby camp? If you mean juvenile detention that will probably make him more of a criminal when he gets out. I’m going to assume some kind of group home and a special school for troubled kids. I used to work per diem for a county special Ed school district, and they had a class of Emotionally Disturbed kids. Most were abused themselves but when you read their charts they were removed from the home after starting fires, trying to choke/kill siblings, etc. I felt all of them were doomed pretty much. Never going to be normal. I hope they will investigate his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 01:20 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
This makes me sick. My son was bullied throughout his school years and it was both frustrating and heartbreaking. The bullies parents did nothing when confronted except become antagonistic. Small wonder their kid was a monster.

"Four unattended kids lighting fires"? Parents are to blame and should sued into oblivion, but something tells me they probably don't have a pot to pee in.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:50 PM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times
There needs to be a hard lesson taught here, officially, unofficially or both.

Old 04-28-2022, 02:23 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Heart wrenching for sure. I remember one of my bullies from when I was in kindergarten, my mom was taking me on an outing,but, mom and I stopped to chat with a friend of hers and the devil child came out of nowhere close to a gate where my mom had her back turn, evil child called me over to the fence and took a really big pinch out of my arm. I learned a valuable lesson that day; never let another kid you know who tends toward being mean lure you anywhere. Unfortunately many more lessons ensued from other bullies in my early years.

These kids who enjoy inflicting physical harm are not to be ignored, some, not all, absolutely are sociopathic and may gone on to do worse.

My heart aches for this child, so very horrific. I'm hoping all the positive support the child is receiving benefits his recovery for now and well into the future.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:13 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
That is so incredibly awful. I feel both very sorry for the young burned boy and very angry that so far it sounds as though the bully's parents aren't being held accountable. I'm an Army brat and in the military parents are held responsible for the actions of their children.

When I was five and we were living on post, I started Kindergarten and since school was only two blocks from home, I walked to school by myself and I was proud of being a "big girl." Unfortunately, I somehow caught the attention of a couple of bullies who were in 5th or 6th grades and used to lie in wait for me, so they could push me down and steal my sack lunch.

I told my Mom about this in tears and she went ballistic. The next day she met me at the playground just as school let out and had me point out the bullies to her. She caught those boys one in each arm and made them tell her their names and their fathers' names. She passed that information on to my Dad who just so happened to be with the base's office of the Inspector General. My Dad reported the bullies' fathers to their CO's and the two bullies along with their fathers couldn't apologize fast enough.

One of the bullies had been reported twice before and his Dad actually got passed over for promotion thanks to the actions of his son. Those two kids sure avoided me like the plague after that! It's too bad that now a days, it seems like parents are never held accountable for their children's actions even in cases like the one posted by the OP.

Old 04-28-2022, 05:27 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
That poor 6 year old. How was he even out unsupervised if he had already been a target of the 8 year old? And if an 8 year old is already escalating to this type of bullying, he needs to be sent to baby camp or else we will be hearing worse about him in the near future.
He was in his own back yard.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:13 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Psychopathy in children:

https://www.verywellfamily.com/is-my...hopath-4175470

https://ir.ua.edu/bitstream/handle/1...=1&isAllowed=y

Old 04-28-2022, 06:56 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
The same 8 year old had sent him to the hospital 2 months before this incident. Crazy.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:10 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
That is so incredibly awful. I feel both very sorry for the young burned boy and very angry that so far it sounds as though the bully's parents aren't being held accountable. I'm an Army brat and in the military parents are held responsible for the actions of their children.

When I was five and we were living on post, I started Kindergarten and since school was only two blocks from home, I walked to school by myself and I was proud of being a "big girl." Unfortunately, I somehow caught the attention of a couple of bullies who were in 5th or 6th grades and used to lie in wait for me, so they could push me down and steal my sack lunch.

I told my Mom about this in tears and she went ballistic. The next day she met me at the playground just as school let out and had me point out the bullies to her. She caught those boys one in each arm and made them tell her their names and their fathers' names. She passed that information on to my Dad who just so happened to be with the base's office of the Inspector General. My Dad reported the bullies' fathers to their CO's and the two bullies along with their fathers couldn't apologize fast enough.

One of the bullies had been reported twice before and his Dad actually got passed over for promotion thanks to the actions of his son. Those two kids sure avoided me like the plague after that! It's too bad that now a days, it seems like parents are never held accountable for their children's actions even in cases like the one posted by the OP.

I had one kid Scott who used to regularly punch me in the stomach in kindergarten. He was finally removed from the class and school after a half year. In addition to Scott, the neighbor sisters, who had a brother my age that I was friends with, it was 3 girls, an older one plus twin sisters and another neighbor used to tease me and call me names if I walked to school all through elementary. I also hung out with him at times when we got early teens, we're FB friends. I was just talking to him on Facebook about a flowering bush at my dads old house, I was thinking about what his sisters used to do to me. They're so lucky I never retaliated when I got older because after 9 grades of being teased and bullied, it stopped. I was a lot bigger and stronger then they were, could have easily smashed their faces in.

If a parent did now what your mom did back then, we'd get hauled away to jail for minor abuse of some kind, not to mention whatever their mothers and family would do to us. Their parents could be a bully too.

You just never know why a kid bullies. I've seen the do no wrong types like were mentioned above, that would be who is bullying my grandson, then you have someone like Scott who had something wrong with him. He actually came from a good family, very nice mother, sister was normal. He was just a bad seed with anger issues.

I also know parents who raised their kids right, for some reason no matter what their parents taught them, they were bullies, kids with no empathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm usually reading and posting while I eat lunch at my desk at work. I don't watch videos there because the noise would disturb my co-workers.

I'm not big on videos either. I didn't have working sound on my computer for a long time, I fixed it then it went out. If I want to watch something, I have to find it on my cell. It's a royal pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Heartbreaking.

Btw, after learning that the little boy, Dominick, wants to be a policeman, first responders are going to put on a kind of parade that he can see from his hospital room.

https://www.wfsb.com/2022/04/28/firs...ying-incident/

Thanks for the link. I'm glad the community did this for him. I will be surprised if his parents don't file charges and/or a law suit of some kind against the bully and his family. I don't know what an 8 year old kid can legally be charged with by the police but he should get charged with something to send a message to the bullies parents that they better straighten their kid out.

I didn't have time to look for a go fund me yesterday, I figured there had to be one. It was linked in the article. I'm speechless how much money has been raised. The amount of people donating big dollar amounts from $500 to $5,000 is very long. I've looked at many top donation links, this one has to be the longest.

I really hope the bulk of the money is put in a trust to be used for his future, medical care, including counseling which can be very expensive. The go fund me says they will most likely move as Dominick does not want to go back home due to the bully. I don't blame him. I don't know what type of family he comes from, whether they rent or own a home, the article below says the bully lives upstairs from them so they probably rent. Now with the money they can buy something, hopefully it is something they'll be able to afford and maintain and not use up all of the money on housing.

Apparently the go fund me is by his older sister.

Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! $442,430 raised of $50,000 goal

Quote:
My little brother Dom has been bullied for a while by the neighbors. It escalated to a deadly intent. Dominick, MY 6 YEAR OLD BROTHER could’ve died. The kid covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire, and threw it at him. All in the matter of SECONDS. Dom has second and third degree burns on his face and leg. He’s going to be scarred for life mentally and physically.

We are looking for help for a new home because it is not safe here. This bully has gotten away with too much and has a history of bullying. The mother thinks he is innocent. The family thinks it’s a joke. Even though Dominick can’t talk because he’s in a lot of pain and all swollen, he said to my mom, “Please don’t take me back there.” Anything helps, even a share. Thank you all for the support. I’m sure Dominick appreciates it. This is extremely unfair and shouldn’t ever happen to ANY CHILD!!! We need justice for our little Dominick. “justicefordominick #staystrongdom #prayersfordom

6-year-old Connecticut boy severely burned in alleged neighborhood attack

Quote:
Dominick Krankall suffered second and third degree burns.... according to his sister Kayla Deegan, who spoke to NBC New York.

The release stated that preliminary reports indicate that up to four unattended children were seen playing with gasoline and lighting objects on fire.

“The incident is currently still under investigation as to the exact cause of the burn injuries by the Bridgeport Police, Bridgeport Fire and State Fire Investigation Teams,” the release read. “This is an active investigation when more details become available and/or if any criminal charges are filed we will update this release.”

Bridgeport Police Department was unable to provide an incident report to TODAY given the age of the victim.

Bully set 6-year-old boy on fire, leading to third-degree burns, family says

Quote:
My little brother Dom has been bullied for a while by the tenants downstairs. It escalated to a deadly intent. ....

This kid downstairs has gotten away with too much and has a history of bullying. The mother thinks he is innocent. The family thinks it’s a joke. Even though Dominick can’t talk because he’s in a lot of pain and all swollen, he said to my mom, 'Please don’t take me back there,' Deegan says

Dominick's mother Maria Rua says her son has been bullied for a year by the alleged 8-year-old perpetrator.

My son has been bullied by this child for a year," Rua reportedly says. That day, they purposefully threw a gasoline-saturated ball that they lit on fire at my son’s face. They called his name so he would turn around. They threw it at Dominick and left him outside alone to die.

Last edited by Roselvr; 04-28-2022 at 09:18 PM..

Old 04-29-2022, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 624 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva
The same 8 year old had sent him to the hospital 2 months before this incident. Crazy.
This idiot should be grounded!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events