Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 10:30 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Homeowner's policies usually provide coverage for liability and medical payments to injured parties.

Right plus that's what people do these days, sue the insurance company in order to get whatever money back that they will have for deductibles etc.

I'm not sure how their state works. Their medical insurance could pay it first, then their health insurance company will want reimbursement from the home owners insurance company too most likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 12:52 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,731 times
God Bless that Little guy. Won't say what I think the 8 year old punishment should be.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:25 PM

9,854 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Homeowner's policies usually provide coverage for liability and medical payments to injured parties.
Thanks, I know medical payments are typically limited to $5,000. I wasn't sure if a child's willful acts would be covered under the parents' homeowner's policy but I guess it is.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:32 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Thanks, I know medical payments are typically limited to $5,000. I wasn't sure if a child's willful acts would be covered under the parents' homeowner's policy but I guess it is.
Really? That surprises me. It's way more where I live. Even my car/motorcycle insurance is more than that.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:58 PM

817 posts, read 627,620 times
Generation Alpha is gonna be so messed up, being raised by TikTok and online gore videos

Old 05-12-2022, 08:24 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Anyone know if they have hung the 8 year old bully upside down by his leg yet?

But seriously, anything about the 8 year old yet?

Old 05-12-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Not surprised to see this story which fills me with disgust the way the 8yr old boys mother is placing the blame on Dom's mother, saying she was in charge of watching them. She's trying to make it sound like her kid didn't throw the ball at his face, that the ball got light on fire, burning Dom.

6-year-old burned in Connecticut was bullied, parents say; Other parent disputes claim

Quote:
"My 6-year-old son looked at me, and he said, 'Daddy, he poured gasoline on a ball, and he threw it directly into my face, and he caught my face on fire with a fireball,'" the boy's father, Aaron Krankall, said.

The incident happened Sunday afternoon. Dominick Krankall was playing in the backyard with the 8- and 11-year-old sons of the family that owns the house on Louisiana Avenue, in which the Krankalls rent an apartment.

"I heard him screaming, 'Mommy help me, they set me on fire,'" mom Maria Rua said.

But the mother of those two children and the landlord, Laura Giacobbe, denied the family's claims.

"There was no bullying whatsoever involved, none," she said.

Giacobbe said Rua had agreed to keep an eye on the boys while she went out. At some point, a gas can was taken from a shed and a tennis ball was set on fire.

"She neglected these children outside," Giacobbe said. "She neglected them. If your child is being bullied, would you leave your child out with somebody being bullied? That's the question."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Looks like his go fund me is finally starting to slow down. It's raised almost $10k in 5 days. Personally, I think what they raised should be a great start to help them find a new place to live plus hopefully putting some aside for him later. I assume his parents will most likely sue the homeowners insurance where the shed was.

His sister updated the go fund me saying he will most likely need a skin graft on his forehead because that was burned the worst.

They put gas in the car which scared him. Hopefully they get him counseling ASAP.

No news whether they found a new place to live. His sister posted a video update where he says thank you. His forehead is bandaged, looks like he may not have lost the bulk of his hair. I wish the video was closer to him, he seems to have walked away with minimum burns considering what his face looked like right after it happened. He's very lucky if that's the case. He looked to have been burned on his whole face and hair in the beginning. He had burn bubbles on his lips and nose.

Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! $584,939 raised of $50,000 goal

Checked the go fund me to see what it's doing and if they shut it down yet. It's still accepting donations.

I noticed it's not just the person that says they're his sister listed on it, there is a beneficiary who is probably his mother plus another team member

He was invited to a Yankees game that's posted on the go fund me yesterday. Looks like he had a great time. His parents and four siblings went with him.

Police have not updated to say if any charges are pending, the incident is under investigation.

Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! $585,745 raised of $50,000 goal

N.Y. Yankees host Bridgeport boy burned by gasoline

Quote:
The young boy burned by gasoline at a Bridgeport home last month visited Yankee Stadium Wednesday and met with the team’s players on the field before seeing his first major league game.

Dominick also threw a ball back and forth with Cortes, got some treats from the dugout, and posed for pictures on the field prior to the Yankees’ home game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

In a video shared by the team, Dominick’s father, Aaron Krankall, said the experience was “unbelievable.”

“This has been so great,” Krankall said. “We’re just so appreciative. He’s having the time of his life. This is his first game, so it makes it even better.”

After the field visit, the family enjoyed the game from a Yankee Stadium Suite and received Yankees merchandise from the team store,” Margolis said.

6-Year-Old Bridgeport Burn Victim Has Special Day With Yankees

Quote:
Dominick Krankall, the 6-year-old child who suffered serious burns near his home in Bridgeport last month, got to spend some quality time with the New York Yankees Wednesday.

Dominick hung out on the field at Yankee Stadium and even had a catch with Yankees pitchers Gerrit Cole, Nestor Cortes, and Jordan Montgomery.

The team posted a video of Dominick with the pitchers before Wednesday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:57 AM

50,751 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

I doubt much will be made public due to his age.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:14 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
[quote=Roselvr;63424499]Not surprised to see this story which fills me with disgust the way the 8yr old boys mother is placing the blame on Dom's mother, saying she was in charge of watching them. She's trying to make it sound like her kid didn't throw the ball at his face, that the ball got light on fire, burning Dom.
6-year-old burned in Connecticut was bullied, parents say; Other parent disputes claim
Quote:
But the mother of those two children and the landlord, Laura Giacobbe, denied the family's claims.

"There was no bullying whatsoever involved, none," she said.

Giacobbe said Rua had agreed to keep an eye on the boys while she went out. At some point, a gas can was taken from a shed and a tennis ball was set on fire.

"She neglected these children outside," Giacobbe said. "She neglected them. If your child is being bullied, would you leave your child out with somebody being bullied? That's the question."
Somehow I missed this part of your post. I agree with the bolded. I also really hope there's not more to the story that we are not being told. Just knowing the 6 year olds mother was supposed to be baby sitting the 8 year old makes me question if this was done with ill intent or if it was a group of boys playing that got out of hand making it an accident.

Old 05-13-2022, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not surprised to see this story which fills me with disgust the way the 8yr old boys mother is placing the blame on Dom's mother, saying she was in charge of watching them. She's trying to make it sound like her kid didn't throw the ball at his face, that the ball got light on fire, burning Dom.
Somehow I missed this part of your post. I agree with the bolded. I also really hope there's not more to the story that we are not being told. Just knowing the 6 year olds mother was supposed to be baby sitting the 8 year old makes me question if this was done with ill intent or if it was a group of boys playing that got out of hand making it an accident.

There were other kids there who backed up that the ball was thrown in his face. According to both the sister and mother, the boy has bullied Dom before.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, that what they've said is what really happened because I could go to a darker place starting with that go fund me which has raised a lot of money for them. At almost $600k, why not stop accepting donations?

I'm also not clear on exactly what got burned because his face doesn't look burned now like it did in the original go fund me picture where his lip and nose have a bubble on them. They said the ball was thrown at his face, burning his face. There was one mark on his forehead when he got out. I see his head is still wrapped up, which I assume his scalp burned from his hair catching fire.

As far as Dom's mother being left in charge, the 8 year had not done anything like this that we know about. He seems to be about shoving Dom. It was a nice day, a bunch of the kids were outside playing, including Dom's sister which I doubt was the one running the go fund me. There are a total of 4 kids in Doms family from what the Yankees story said but it doesn't list ages.

Of course the neighbors mother is going to try to sling $hit in the press about Doms family because her son is being targeted as a bully. I'm sure people are not being kind about what should happen to he and his parents.

All I know is I'd love to catch a story that says they were able to buy a house to get Dom away from that bully landlords kid because how long are they going to live at a house where Dom got hurt? He's supposedly traumatized, didn't want to go back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events