Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 10:28 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,151,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're welcome. I don't know why they didn't just find this thread to update it, especially with the amount of people that were following the case.
i didn't even realize there was a new thread about this until I read my rep comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
May have thought it would get more attention as a new thread-- otherwise, people might just see this one updated and think it could be people arguing rather than new information? I know I've had threads I've participated in the past and I kind of lose interest and stop reading them... haven't a clue if anything significant is posted later or not.
I check new comments on a thread I am interested in before checking new threads. Especially when I am busy IRL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 03:03 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
i didn't even realize there was a new thread about this until I read my rep comments.

I check new comments on a thread I am interested in before checking new threads. Especially when I am busy IRL.

Me too which is why I updated the original thread when I did catch this one.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:33 AM

I just posted in the new thread, want to copy it here so others can see what I just found on the go fund me.

Quote:
The go fund me is lower again, even after three people donated $90 within the last 19 hours. It's at $596,300.

I'm happy to see it go down, must be from people requesting a refund. I'm interested to see if go fund me locks it now that the video came out.

I usually report it but I have not had time. Sometimes it's pretty involved to report. I've had times where I type everything out, leave links to show the new information, hit submit, it won't submit for some reason.

If people keep donating to it without go fund me locking it, I will try to report it later or tomorrow. We just sold our house, it's taken me two weeks to get online.

The go fund me continues to go down even though people are still donating to it. Right now, it's at $595,920.

Very surprised that go fund me has not locked the fund raiser. I figured people had to report it so I never did. I guess I will try to make time to do that today. Been busy changing my address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It was my understanding that it was a neighbor who reported the initial story that one of the kids threw the ball that was ablaze at the victim. If that's wrong perhaps someone can clarify.

Another question: Why did it take months for this video to surface and clear the other kids?

I said the same, why did they wait so long to release the video, or partial video? We will have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Thanks.

It seems an odd thing to claim. Who initially said that was the way it happened (I can't remember)? The kid who got burned? One of the parents? One of the other kids? I mean, I can see kids lying about what happened so as not to get in trouble for playing with gas, but usually the lie would be something like "oh we just found it and then it somehow lit on fire all by itself," not coming up with extreme stories of another kid basically trying to kill them...

I some how missed your question.

It was Dominick's family who said it was the bully neighbor that threw a burning ball at his face. See their go fund me, that's made by his older sister.

You really need to see the original thread to understand it. CT Boy, 6, Set On Fire By Bully, 8. See the first post, then you can scroll to my comments. I was following it pretty closely. At one point his mother was added as the beneficiary of the go fund me but when I went back a day or so later, she was removed, which I thought was weird. The sister who started it was then made the beneficiary. My comment in the original thread was that his parents were probably on some sort of government assistance where they're not allowed to get "income" such as this because they would lose it.

As of now, it's looking like the sister who started this "story" with the parents eventually giving an interview where they kept the "story" going. I believe the interview was around the time he was invited to a NY Yankee's baseball game after getting out of the hospital.

To add more history, they live in a multi family house, the "accused bully" lived there too. I was watching the go fund me for updates to say they had found a house but they never posted anything about a house, not that they were looking nor that they had bought something which I found really strange because Dominick supposedly cried when he was released to go back home to where this "accused bully" also lived.

I also commented in the original thread that I was surprised his face did not look like it was burned. See the original picture on the go fund me. His face looks swollen and red. His hair was bandaged, I figured his hair got burned but eventually it was only his forehead with a bandage, you can see his scalp doesn't appear burned as you can see his hair around the bandages, he then wears a ball cap, then his head gets shaved.

On the new video, it looks like his legs were on fire. I don't recall seeing bandages on them at any time. You can read the go fund me updates, there's photos and video. I just loaded the updates, I'm really behind on them, look at the one from June 11, 2022 by Kayla Deegan, Organizer, she is still saying the kid threw the ball at Dominick's face. She said that there is missing video that they refuse to share with her family. Dominick told them he threw the burning ball at his face, they believe him. She also says that they had days they played nice but other days when they did not. She said they are still looking for a house, and that whatever is left will go into a trust for Dominick. She said she contacted go fund me to tell them to refund money for those that do not believe them. She also said the "bully's family" is connected to the police department who she says is corrupt.

I honestly do not know what to think. I guess we will see what happens. It's hard to believe most stories when go fund me's take off like this one did. Some have turned out to be scams.

They also made a Facebook group called Dominick Strong. It's a public group which means that everything posted can be seen by everyone.

First post on the go fund me that is titled Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! -

Quote:
My little brother Dom has been bullied for a while by the neighbors. It escalated to a deadly intent. Dominick, MY 6 YEAR OLD BROTHER could’ve died. The kid covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire, and threw it at him. All in the matter of SECONDS. Dom has second and third degree burns on his face and leg. He’s going to be scarred for life mentally and physically.

We are looking for help for a new home because it is not safe here. This bully has gotten away with too much and has a history of bullying. The mother thinks he is innocent. The family thinks it’s a joke. Even though Dominick can’t talk because he’s in a lot of pain and all swollen, he said to my mom, “Please don’t take me back there.” Anything helps, even a share. Thank you all for the support. I’m sure Dominick appreciates it. This is extremely unfair and shouldn’t ever happen to ANY CHILD!!! We need justice for our little Dominick.

June 8, 2022 by Kayla Deegan, Organizer
Quote:
I wanted to make some things clear.
I want to take this time to say thanks to everyone who has thought of Dominick, who has contributed in anyway whether monetarily or through emotional support, it has meant so much to our family during this very difficult time.
Dominick‘s face was engulfed in flames. When we spoke with Dominick after he stopped screaming he reported that the “boy threw a gasoline covered ball in his face that lit him on fire”. We were not there to see it but we were there to witness other interactions with the boy in question. We have not been allowed to see the video. It is unfortunately not being shared with us. We did not see what happened, only heard from the little boy who was burnt… just moments after it happened. Dominick’s story has never changed.....

... Any money donated from this moment forward will go to the Salvation Army in Bridgeport.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:46 PM

I just did a google search, am not seeing any update in the case.

Apparently people are still donating to the go fund me as of 2 weeks ago.

Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! $595,997 raised of $50,000 goal

Old 10-06-2022, 10:35 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
I just did a google search, am not seeing any update in the case.

Apparently people are still donating to the go fund me as of 2 weeks ago.

Justice for Dominick… STOP BULLYING! $595,997 raised of $50,000 goal
There was a new thread started instead of updating here after it came out that it didn't happen the way they said (see posts above). IDK if it's still active but will probably come up in search.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:42 PM

9,440 posts, read 5,204,944 times
While I know that violence does not solve much, my opinion is a bully only understands one thing. Equal force. Clock that bully. Put him in his place and **** like this won't happen.
What kind of mother stands by and lets her child bully a younger child??

My father was always clear with me (and I'm a female). Anyone puts their hands on you, you have my permission to deck them (as if...but still....) and we'll sort it out when I get there.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There was a new thread started instead of updating here after it came out that it didn't happen the way they said (see posts above). IDK if it's still active but will probably come up in search.

The new thread was merged here, I just found one of my replies where I linked the original post, it goes to this thread.

This was the only thread that came up when I searched the forum

Old 10-07-2022, 05:44 AM

Quote:
The new thread was merged here, I just found one of my replies where I linked the original post, it goes to this thread.

This was the only thread that came up when I searched the forum
I didn’t realize they were merged. If you go back a couple of pages you will see the last update, the kid was not actually bullied. I doubt there will be any more media updates. I think that just closed the case.

People weren’t just donating because a child was bullied, they were donating because a child was burned, which is still true.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:33 AM

9,405 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
Your article is below plus another that I found. When starting a thread, it's helpful if you also copy some of the article or at least say what happened, not only leaving a link.

The 6 year old was playing in the back yard with his sister when the 8 year old bully called him over. Apparently the 8 year old got into a neighbors shed, doused the tennis ball with gasoline, lighting it on fire before throwing it at the boys face. He suffered burns on his face and legs.

This was not the first time the kid bullied this boy. Sounds like the kid was with his mother when he shoved the 6 year old into a wall, he did not get punished.

According to the second link, more kids were lighting things on fire as they were tending to bring the boy to the hospital. It does not say that police stopped those kids from what they were doing.

No charges filed yet.

This really burns me up. My 8 year old grandson is being bullied in school. The one bully told my grandson to kill himself. My grandson told on him, they pulled my grandson out of class to make sure he wasn't suicidal, my daughter doesn't know if anything happened to the bully. In this case it's the "popular" kid being the bully to my grandson.

Connecticut boy, 6, severely burned in bullying attack, his family says
Photos show Dominick Krankall's face nearly completely wrapped in bandages. The bully covered a tennis ball with gasoline, lit it on fire and threw it at his face, according to his sister.

'Mommy They Lit Me On Fire': 6-Year-Old Severely Burned In Bullying Attack
Perhaps it's time for some martial arts training for these bullied kids. Often there's only one language a bully understands.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Perhaps it's time for some martial arts training for these bullied kids. Often there's only one language a bully understands.
It didn’t happen. Thread was updated months ago once video came out, the bulky didn’t do it he did it himself playing with several boys. They were all lighting things on fire including a soccer ball that they were kicking around on fire. The kid maybe lied to keep from getting in trouble, which six year olds often do. Or perhaps the burned boy’s mom, who was babysitting and supposed to be watching all the boys including the “bully” , didn’t want people to know just how little she was watching them.
I realize NYC post is basically a tablet, but there are many other sources.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/domini...deo-shows/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events