Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 03:41 PM

16,658 posts, read 8,663,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
At first I thought this was a case where someone simply asked another in a non-confrontational manner, and that was a terrifying thought.

However, when you read the details of the incident, the woman certainly didn't do herself any favors with her aggressive behavior (for the triggered folk, not saying she should have gotten shot, but you unnecessarily escalate a situation, you face the consequences).

https://www.kget.com/news/crime-watc...s-to-move-car/
Despite you prefacing the part I bolded, nothing, and I mean nothing justifies the taking of an life over words and a small physical manifestation of a persons frustration.
Now at least 3 peoples lives have been irrevocably ruined, along with their families, all over what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 03:55 PM

78,581 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Despite you prefacing the part I bolded, nothing, and I mean nothing justifies the taking of an life over words and a small physical manifestation of a persons frustration.
Now at least 3 peoples lives have been irrevocably ruined, along with their families, all over what.
Keepin' it real culture.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:10 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,049,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If the story is being reported accurately, the victim was acting aggressively and the shooters may have a plausible case of being afraid for their safety. I don't think this particular case is as open-and-shut as aggressor shooters vs. innocent victim.
Ehh...i don't think you're allowed to Pick off disgruntled Gasoline station Customers, (whom you are blocking or CUTTING OFF).

Especially in Comiefornia !

Sounds like 2 jerk-off hood-rats got PO because someone banged on the hood of their Shiny new 200~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Yes they seemed awfully scared as the shooter got out of the car and was handed the gun from her friend inside the car, then both shot the victim , and as they were driving away rolled down their window in abject terror and shot the victim several times more.
It sure doesn't sound like they were scared.

Why didn't they just get out and beat da *** outta her?

(* from the looks of that Video, those two don't look that tough).

Old 05-21-2022, 07:52 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
america.
Which the rest of the world is emulating, especially the young.

We are exporting trash culture and the world is buying it all up.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:32 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,258,879 times
Never take a temper to a gunfight.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:20 AM

6,576 posts, read 7,176,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If the story is being reported accurately, the victim was acting aggressively and the shooters may have a plausible case of being afraid for their safety. I don't think this particular case is as open-and-shut as aggressor shooters vs. innocent victim.
I was just a juror on a 2nd and 3rd degree assault case a week ago in MN. MN is probably very similar in self defense laws as CA. The defendant needed to exhaust all other options before he could use a beer bottle against the victim in my case. Turning around and leaving is one, unless you are backed up against a wall with no escape, you won’t meet this, thus self defense cannot be used. The shooter here could have left.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I was just a juror on a 2nd and 3rd degree assault case a week ago in MN. MN is probably very similar in self defense laws as CA. The defendant needed to exhaust all other options before he could use a beer bottle against the victim in my case. Turning around and leaving is one, unless you are backed up against a wall with no escape, you won’t meet this, thus self defense cannot be used. The shooter here could have left.
I believe there is variation from state to state on the matter.

That being said, hopping out of the car and then having your guy hand you the gun isn't it.

They're going to prison for a long time.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:32 PM

6,576 posts, read 7,176,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I believe there is variation from state to state on the matter.

That being said, hopping out of the car and then having your guy hand you the gun isn't it.

They're going to prison for a long time.
Exactly, self defense even in FL won’t work here.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,049,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Exactly, self defense even in FL won’t work here.
I don't think Comifornia has a 'Stand your ground Defense' (these two morons are cooked).

Three squares a day, and day-time TV for 10 yrs minimum (all courtesy of the State of Comifornia) ~

Old 05-22-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
I don't think Comifornia has a 'Stand your ground Defense' (these two morons are cooked).

Three squares a day, and day-time TV for 10 yrs minimum (all courtesy of the State of Comifornia) ~

This doesn't meet SYG defense standards in any state but if you can explain how it would, let us know specifically because otherwise you're just dragging the term into an inapplicable situation.

Again, explain how this would be legal in any state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events