Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:13 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times

Advertisements

Careful with the free speech thing. It doesn't always applies to forums on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 08:38 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I thought about this and it hit me, poor Winnie couldn't find honey soon enough. The lack of honey in his system made him not so nice. Anyone that crossed his path was…

Make sure there is honey for Winnie to find everywhere he goes, so this is not repeated.

See kids, the lack of honey.
You're blaming it on his hypoglycemia? I still say, he should sue for defamation.

Sue first, and sue often.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Where is the cancel culture when one truly needs it?
This guys need to be flashed down the drain alongside the likes of David Cronenberg who reach their notoriety and piles of cash thanks to the shock “value” of their so-called “art”

Proliferation of gore is nauseating.

As if our youngsters need more disturbing mental images in addition to what already entered their psyche
It isn’t the guns we need to blame for the indiscriminate violence in the society
It's capitalism. Anything that could possibly make a buck is ok as long as it's not illegal. Whether it's morally or ethically defensible, or is just in horribly bad taste, is irrelevant.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:19 PM

2,180 posts, read 2,317,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always hated Winnie the Pooh anyway. Stupid name. And why couldn't he put some pants on.
That is the best laugh I've had in a long time, Mightyqueen ROFLMBO

Old 05-28-2022, 09:17 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
I’ll give it a go.
It couldn’t be any worse than that boring ass original could it?
I never understood the attraction.
Is it a British humor thing?

They did turn the banana splits into serial killers.
That was weak.
Maybe they could do this better.

Old 05-29-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I’ll give it a go.
It couldn’t be any worse than that boring ass original could it?
I never understood the attraction.
Is it a British humor thing?
It's for 5 and 6 year-olds, Andy. To them, the stories, the adventures the animals have, and their unique personalities, are interesting. I'm sure, that when you were 5, it didn't take much to entertain you.

The Pooh stories have been translated into dozens of languages. Pooh is very popular in Russia, I happen to know from personal observation, and the stories were translated into Latin. I know a high school in Seattle that used the Latin Pooh book to teach Latin.

Quote:
Over the years, Milne's books have been translated into many languages, including Latin (Winnie ille Pu is the only book in Latin to have made the New York Times Best Seller List), and since publication, they have never been out of print.
Please to not bash the Bear. Pay no attention to the moderator in the corner, who hates him.

And here's the thing: as a parent, which would you rather your small child's tender sensibilities and growing mind have been exposed to on a regular basis in her most formative years: Bugs Bunny and friends, bashing each other over the head and Coyote blowing people up with Acme Dynamite, or a kinder, gentler animal in the form of a bear?

Old 05-29-2022, 01:11 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Is nothing sacred anymore?

What is next? 101 Satanic Dalmations? Dumbozilla? The Bambi Chainsaw Massacre?

Old 05-29-2022, 02:55 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,164 times
Bears are alpha predators. Kids will need to know which animals are dangerous as the nation becomes more rural, and as food shortages push more families into foraging and hunting.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Bears are alpha predators. Kids will need to know which animals are dangerous as the nation becomes more rural, and as food shortages push more families into foraging and hunting.
Parents will have to learn to keep a better watch over their small kids, too, if it comes to rural living. No more stories about toddlers or 4-year-olds tottering off just momentarily out of parents' sight, only to disappear forever! Or to turn up days later, covered in brambles, claiming a mysterious animal took care of them.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
They won't be interested unless there is political mileage to be extracted.

The only way to get them interested is to portray Winnie the Pooh as a black dude.
California has black bears. So does Canada. Probably other parts of the US do, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801;
Stupid name
He had an alias; it was "Edward Bear." A little more dignified than WtP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events