Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 08:07 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My take -Adrenaline, panic, instinct can give us a last hurrah before we collapse....like our doggies that rally at the last minute
when we have to end their suffering...confusing us, 'Did we do the right thing?' Sigh, just awful.

I also think that's what happened or that it was some sort of muscle reaction.

I have not looked up what they said is wrong with her brain but it could be that her brain was "brewing," on it's way out when it misfired, she sat up, then she soon went into a coma on her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just wanted to say that when I was in the ambulance, before I had even been seen by any doctor or even any nurses, after I broke my elbow very badly (worst pain EVER), I was given two doses of fentanyl legally, by the paramedics.

So as for the fentanyl, I would wait to know more about whether or not it was administered to her legally. Now - cocaine is a totally different matter.

Totally agree with you Kathryn, I think that's how the fentanyl got in her system.

Whoever released what her tox screen showed really goofed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
If her heart is still beating on its own, she's technically alive. Is her heart being stimulated by a machine because it can't pump on its own? I haven't read anywhere that that is the case. The news media mentions the ventilator, which only pumps oxygen into the lungs. I've never read anything about the failure of Heche's heart.

There is nothing about her heart not beating on it's own. Everything I've researched since waking up is that Anne is considered legally deceased because she is brain dead.

I have another reply set up with the articles I found. One, a People magazine exclusive with her oldest son, he said she has not been removed from the machines, so in my opinion, she is not the type of dead to release the headlines they have been with "Anne Heche died"

Old 08-13-2022, 08:08 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Once the machine(s) are turned off, there is nothing to keep O2 flowing. The brain can't run or control anything at that point (aka brain death). All systems in the body stop without machinery to oxygenate them. With brain death, the person is no longer 'there.' They can't feel anything, hear anything, perceive anything, they're gone.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Uh...there's quite a bit out there about Heche being taken off life support today. It's been there all day.

https://www.advocate.com/news/2022/8...n-life-support

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ort-daily-mail

Not sure how CD posters missed the announcement in The Daily Mail since it seems to be such a favorite here.

From Wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_H...rash_and_death

Of course, this could all be wrong, but you can't blame people for posting that she was taken off life support when several news sources have been stating that all day (personally, I think she's probably still on life support and that The Daily Mail got it wrong if you can imagine such a thing).

Thanks for the Wiki link. It really doesn't say much but they're hit or miss for the last few years with what they allow and don't allow. I've stopped contributing there due to them only wanting certain information added which isn't always truthful or accurate. The Wiki doesn't mention the Jaguar that she supposedly hit.

According to articles I've read, they say she had 3 accidents, she hit a Jaguar before hitting the house. It almost sounded like hitting the house was the result of going out of control after hitting the Jaguar. I saw one article that said she hit the Jaguar before hitting the house.

Apparently I may be wrong that they disconnected life support. I honestly don't know what to believe, whether they did, she died or whether she is legally dead because there are no brain waves.

I don't recall what I was doing yesterday, it was a little after 1 in the afternoon when I saw a notification flash quickly on my cell that Anne had died. I was not quick enough to click on it. I eventually landed back in this thread where Catsmom posted at 2:11PM to say she's gone.

I just looked on google, there is conflicting information whether they did disconnect life support and she is legally dead because no brain activity but the articles do say life support has not been disconnected as they're waiting to see if her organs are okay for transplant which was old information that was posted the night before or yesterday morning, so it is possible that she is disconnected after finding her organs were too far gone to help someone.

Hopefully at some point today there will be clarification on what is right.

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

Your article which was publi8shed around the time my cell went off saying she had died. It says that she will be taken off of life support, it does not specify when though lol. It has a statement from her oldest son Homer where he says rest in peace mom. The article sounds like they did remove life support and that she is gone.

Actor Anne Heche dies a week after car crash - Fri 12 Aug 2022 13.40 EDT

Quote:
The US actor Anne Heche has died, a week after she was critically injured in a car crash.

The news was confirmed by a representative for her family to the US online media outlet TMZ, who said in a statement: “We have lost a bright light, a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend.

On Friday afternoon representatives for Heche, 53, confirmed she was “brain dead”, which under California law is the definition of death. It was announced earlier in the day Heche would be taken off of life support. It is understood her heartbeat was being maintained in case appropriate organ donation could take place.

On Friday evening, Heche’s eldest son, Homer, 20, released a statement on behalf of himself and his half-brother, Atlas, 13.

My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom,” he told People. “After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom.”

Rest In Peace Mom, I love you,”

Some article links from google.

U.S. Actress Anne Heche Dies After Being Pulled off Life Support - Daily Mail - Aug. 12, 2022, at 1:52 p.m.

Quote:
(Reuters) - U.S. actress Anne Heche died after her life support was turned off, a week after her fiery car crash in Los Angeles, the Daily Mail (Below) reported on Friday.

'Hopefully my mom is free from pain': Anne Heche's eldest son Homer shares heartbreaking tribute to his mom following her death six days after 90mph smash and says he's suffering 'deep, wordless sadness' - Published: 13:31 EDT, 12 August 2022 | Updated: 18:46 EDT, 12 August 2022

Quote:
Today, her family has chosen to turn off life support after doctors officially declared the actress brain dead. They kept her alive on a ventilator, to determine if her organs were health enough for donation.

'It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable,' the statement said.

The actress is survived by both ex husbands, her two sons, her mother and sister.

Anne Heche, Star of 'Another World' and 'Men in Trees', Dies at 53 - Published on August 12, 2022 02:30 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Loved ones of the Emmy Award-winning actress and mother of two pay tribute: ‘Today we lost a bright light’

Quote:
Emmy Award-winning actress Anne Heche has died, PEOPLE has learned. She was 53.

The family's rep confirms to PEOPLE that, while Heche is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating and she has not been taken off life support in order to allow OneLegacy Foundation enough time to find recipients who will be a match.

Anne Heche's Eldest Son Homer Speaks Out After Her Death: 'I Am Left with a Deep, Wordless Sadness' - Published on August 12, 2022 03:33 PM
Homer shares his exclusive statement with PEOPLE shortly after the actress died Friday, following her involvement in a fiery car crash left her in critical condition

Quote:
After PEOPLE confirmed her death on Friday, the 20-year-old expressed sadness amid an emotionally challenging time for his family.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:34 AM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
The most dangerous aspect of fire - smoke inhalation-would kill you without visible injuries
That’s how most died in the MGM Grand hotel fire(Las Vegas) back in 1980.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:40 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
I noticed the person who was living in the home Anne Heche hit has been speaking out and getting gifts, media attention, fundraising:

https://people.com/tv/lynne-mishele-...update-thanks/

Not sure what to think. Certainly she was inconvenienced but events like this happen every day. It isn't that uncommon for cars to crash into homes, never mind other cars. This woman is kind of having a pay day with having a celebrity hit her house. She didn't even own the home.

I guess the person I feel saddest for is Anne Heche and her kids. Mental illness/addiction is sad. The woman who had her house hit is fine.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I noticed the person who was living in the home Anne Heche hit has been speaking out and getting gifts, media attention, fundraising:

https://people.com/tv/lynne-mishele-...update-thanks/

Not sure what to think. Certainly she was inconvenienced but events like this happen every day. It isn't that uncommon for cars to crash into homes, never mind other cars. This woman is kind of having a pay day with having a celebrity hit her house. She didn't even own the home.

I guess the person I feel saddest for is Anne Heche and her kids. Mental illness/addiction is sad. The woman who had her house hit is fine.

I've been keeping tabs on her go fund me. Last I posted 9:46 last night, the go fund me was at $154k, it's now on $161k. Between that, renters insurance if she had it plus suing Anne's car insurance and possibly suing Anne's estate, she will make out like a fat cat. I wouldn't mind losing my stuff for that financial windfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
While she has lost a lifetime of possessions as well as her business equipment, clothing and basic necessities, she's going to have a great restart with the go fund me which is now almost $55K. Add to that renters insurance if she had it, plus whatever payout Anne's car insurance plus she and the home owner will most likely sue Anne's estate.

Help Lynne Mishele after Devastating Fire Loss - $154,800 raised of $100,000 goal
Help Lynne Mishele after Devastating Fire Loss - $161,483 raised of $100,000 goal

Old 08-13-2022, 12:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Thanks for the Wiki link. It really doesn't say much but they're hit or miss for the last few years with what they allow and don't allow. I've stopped contributing there due to them only wanting certain information added which isn't always truthful or accurate. The Wiki doesn't mention the Jaguar that she supposedly hit.

According to articles I've read, they say she had 3 accidents, she hit a Jaguar before hitting the house. It almost sounded like hitting the house was the result of going out of control after hitting the Jaguar. I saw one article that said she hit the Jaguar before hitting the house.

Apparently I may be wrong that they disconnected life support. I honestly don't know what to believe, whether they did, she died or whether she is legally dead because there are no brain waves.
Again, my reason for posting it (and the others) was to assert that there were indeed a few sources out there claiming that she'd already been taken off life support. To make it as clear as I can, I wasn't making that claim myself. Just saying that it was understandable that others such as yourself would make that claim in response to a couple of posts above it that were talking about how people (you) were posting that things happened before they actually did happen in response to your post:

Quote:
To those that missed it, they removed life support, Anne Heche is deceased.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-13-2022 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-13-2022, 12:21 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,429,348 times
Another wealthy and tortured soul drank herself to death. Sometimes they go quietly like Whitney Houston and Dolores O'Riordan, and sometimes they go out with a bang. RIP.

Old 08-13-2022, 12:34 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Oddly, the first thing I thought when I saw the woman's video was that she kind of resembles Anne Heche.

I don't mind if this lady "makes out" well. As someone who has had a close call and significant damage from a violent storm I can say it isn't that easy with insurance and such- between getting basically ripped off by insurance company then by unsavory contractors, and bad neighbors who didn't care I would have welcomed someone to give a crap. I lost money, and irreplaceable items, and now have some kind of ptsd about weather, like I have to take meds if there is a storm in the forecast whereas before I thought storms were cool.

I almost guarantee this lady will be flinching from cars from now on. It really is a big trauma to have such a close call and also lose your home.

Old 08-13-2022, 01:58 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,521,984 times
Financially the woman will be better off but probably has ptsd from almost dying and she could have issues for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events