Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 06:36 AM

18,052 posts, read 15,649,855 times

Advertisements

The house is known as a "party house" because many renters have lived there over the years, including from the sororities or fraternities, and the house has been the site of lots of parties. The house has the reputation, even if the current occupants didn't hold big parties there.

Kind of like certain universities are known as "party schools." Doesn't mean every student who attends the school is a partier, but places can and do get reputations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 06:40 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I realize this case is different, but what if they were robbed and then stabbed to get rid of them as witnesses.
There was nothing missing from the house at all. And that's implying they were all woken up and tied up or something but there was no signs of anything like that. And the other 2 roommates would have heard something like a robbery.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I was just wondering why the police discounted robbery from the getgo because nothing was taken, but they wouldn't know if cash was taken, that's all. No further comments on this tragic case from me, RIP.
The FBI profilers are quite sure that rage was involved, not a robbery gone wrong. Normal people, even robbers, don't stab 4 people viciously. The FBI profiler said "Passionate rage" was involved. The other 2 and the dog would have heard a robbery.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Fair enough. You are right, we don't know these kids. I was sort of going off what I had heard online but the police have not verified that the kids frequently had large groups of friends over. Maybe they didn't.
Even if they did, that doesn't mean they had parties. Maybe they had large groups of friends over to watch a football game or had board game nights. The assumption that because they're in college all they do is party is undeserved. These weren't freshman, one of the girls was graduating next month and moving to Austin for a marketing job. They weren't Animal House kind of kids. It's really a lot of stereotyping of college kids IMO.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothwynman View Post
Don't know if this has been discussed, but the following was discussed at the dinner table tonight...

... could the perp have fled to Canada? Or is Moscow (<200 highway miles from the border per my 2022 Rand McNally road atlas) too far away to slip out?
What good would going to Canada do? You can't exactly sneak in, and they extradite to the US. IMO it would be harder to hide there than here.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:48 AM

You guys are behind on some the facts. Police have specifically been doing rumor management, putting out updates to dispel some of the rumors and speculation:

- no one was tied up.

- the other incidents, including the one with the dog, are said to not be connected.

- food truck hoodie guy has been cleared.

- surviving roommates and the friends they called to come over that day have been cleared.

- they still believe this was a targeted attack, not random.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:53 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
You guys are behind on some the facts. Police have specifically been doing rumor management, putting out updates to dispel some of the rumors and speculation:

- no one was tied up.

- the other incidents, including the one with the dog, are said to not be connected.

- food truck hoodie guy has been cleared.

- surviving roommates and the friends they called to come over that day have been cleared.

- they still believe this was a targeted attack, not random.
Thanks for the updates.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:59 AM

The Sgt from the State Police at the last press conference was asked how people could help. His first and main point was: Stop spreading rumors! All the speculation and rumors do not help! Only get info that comes from the police, as that's what is official and true.

Does the public listen? Obviously not.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The FBI profilers are quite sure that rage was involved, not a robbery gone wrong. Normal people, even robbers, don't stab 4 people viciously. The FBI profiler said "Passionate rage" was involved. The other 2 and the dog would have heard a robbery.
That's what they say, but I know personally of two extremely brutal murders of women - both stabbed repeatedly, one decapitated and the head was taken, and one nearly decapitated - and they were just rando crimes committed by people who didn't know them and didn't involve a sexual assault component.

Men on the prowl to harm someone, and both were investigated as targeted crimes of passion, from very intimate other.

Nope.

I'm thinking that may be the case here at this point.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The Sgt from the State Police at the last press conference was asked how people could help. His first and main point was: Stop spreading rumors! All the speculation and rumors do not help! Only get info that comes from the police, as that's what is official and true.

Does the public listen? Obviously not.
Well, considering the police have given misinformation to the public, what do they expect? The community is on very high alert, and all this weird information keeps coming out like many people in the home at noon didn't seem to notice the home was a bloodbath scene. Before calling 911, before calling a bunch of uninvolved friends over, wouldn't you ATTEMPT to wake your other roommates to see how they are? Wasn't ONE of the uninvolved friends, called to the scene for a second and third opinion, the kind of friend who would check pulse and pull back covers and see if they could revive the person?

Do they not have any friends who are capable of reasonable behavior? And then, would realize the deceased was in full rigor mortis at this time they were chatting with dispatch about "unresponsiveness"? "Passed out"?

This is just such an odd story, as we're being told it, that it's frankly unbelievable. And that's how the rumor mill cranks up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events