Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 07:44 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

... made for "supervised visits"."After a light jail sentence and counseling.

Here is the article: https://www.wfmj.com/story/46943821/...s-broken-bones

Am I living in an alternate universe? This woman almost killed this baby. She was beaten in the presence of her 4-year-old sister. This was not a one-time event - not that it would excuse this monstrous behavior. Doctors found evidence of prior beatings and broken bones.

She was sentenced yesterday. I will find a link. This defies common sense. Once something like this occurs, PARENTAL RIGHTS SHOULD BE TERMINATED for this child and her sibling.

I am horrified. Many women will be saddened this Mother's Day because they or their husbands have infertility. And this 21 year old sadist gets a second chance?

She changed her plea to "guilty" yesterday - https://www.wfmj.com/clip/15391660/a...angerment-case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 07:51 AM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
She was sentenced yesterday. I will find a link. This defies common sense. Once something like this occurs, PARENTAL RIGHTS SHOULD BE TERMINATED for this child and her sibling.

Absolutely, and add to that, mandatory sterilization. Under NO circumstances should she be allowed to bring another child into this world.

Old 05-12-2023, 02:30 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
The courts have failed this child.

Old 05-12-2023, 07:07 AM

Instead, she will spend her life in and out of foster homes, most of whom want her for the money. They will try to reunite her with her "mother," and it will fail.

If she is still alive at ten or twelve, THEN she will be put up for adoption after she is a thoroughly broken child.

This is not only in Ohio, it appears to be in every state.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:13 AM

731 posts, read 768,560 times
I worked at CPS for a short time many years ago. I saw parents getting a slap on the wrist for beating their child. If they had beaten an adult like this, they would be in jail. I don't get it.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:20 AM

36,533 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
I worked at CPS for a short time many years ago. I saw parents getting a slap on the wrist for beating their child. If they had beaten an adult like this, they would be in jail. I don't get it.
It is a common occurrence. No one cares about these kids once they are born. The courts do everything in their power to keep families together and states don't have the resources, or wont allocate them, for CPS workers or foster care. It happens all to often and no one is held accountable. It is only getting worse.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:00 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
... made for "supervised visits"."After a light jail sentence and counseling.

Here is the article: https://www.wfmj.com/story/46943821/...s-broken-bones

Am I living in an alternate universe? This woman almost killed this baby. She was beaten in the presence of her 4-year-old sister. This was not a one-time event - not that it would excuse this monstrous behavior. Doctors found evidence of prior beatings and broken bones.

I am horrified. Many women will be saddened this Mother's Day because they or their husbands have infertility. And this 21 year old sadist gets a second chance?

She changed her plea to "guilty" yesterday - https://www.wfmj.com/clip/15391660/a...angerment-case
This has shades of Gabriel Fernandez written all over it; we know how that ended. Parent/child unification isn't always in the best interests of children.

While I understand that efforts should be made to help people who are struggling with parenting to become better parents and eventually be reunited with their children who are in the foster system, in cases like this one, I'm all about the child(ren) being immediately put up for adoption (while they're young enough to still have a decent shot at finding good adoptive families) or being raised by responsible family members who will properly love and care for the children and the birth parent(s) sterilized.

There should be no second chances at parenthood for people like this mother--either with the children that they already have or with those to whom they might give birth (or father). Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked to see a future update to this story after the little girl has been abused to death.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:29 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Is it just me, or does the mom look a little "slow"?

Old 05-12-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Is it just me, or does the mom look a little "slow"?
If she is a little "slow," that does not forgive her. At least not in my opinion. Many people with low IQs have children and do not attempt to beat the life out of them.

Old 05-12-2023, 11:56 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post

Absolutely, and add to that, mandatory sterilization. Under NO circumstances should she be allowed to bring another child into this world.
Indeed.

Just because you can breed does not mean you should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events