Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 11:27 AM

602 posts, read 313,432 times

Advertisements

So stealthy we can't see any debris in the debris field...

I feel the pilot bailed due to he no longer had any control of the jet..doubt if we will find out what really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 11:30 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
So stealthy we can't see any debris in the debris field...

I feel the pilot bailed due to he no longer had any control of the jet..doubt if we will find out what really happened.
I think the plane auto ejected the pilot and then flew off on its own mission. It must have landed in that field and parked itself over in that stand of trees.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:47 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
One would think there would have been a huge fireball or at least a lot of smoke, too.

They call it a crash landing so the thing must have landed itself roughly and lost some parts in the process but it must have been still somewhat intact.

One thing is for sure - we'll never know what the heck happened.
I guess anything is possible. I was recently looking up details on a plane crash I remembered from about 10 years ago in Washington state. In that case a young girl was traveling in a small plane with her grandparents when her grandfather flew the plane into the side of a mountain in poor visibility. The girl was the only survivor and it took her three days to hike out to a highway. When investigators got to the crash site the plane was still burning. I thought because of the time it took the girl to get to the highway, it must have been deep in the forest. But only recently I found the GPS location for the crash site. To my surprize the plane crashed only a half a mile from the highway where the girl was picked up. How does a plane crash into a mountain side in plane view of a major highway and burn for days without anyone noticing it? Including the searchers who were looking for it. Even in bad weather with low visibility that is hard to imagine.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
One would think there would have been a huge fireball or at least a lot of smoke, too.

They call it a crash landing so the thing must have landed itself roughly and lost some parts in the process but it must have been still somewhat intact.

One thing is for sure - we'll never know what the heck happened.

Maybe someone with a military aviation background here can let us know if there's a military version of the 'Black Box'?

Old 09-19-2023, 01:31 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,190,360 times
The pilot ejecting himself by mistake would qualify as “mishap”…

Old 09-19-2023, 03:40 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
If it turns out that's what truly happened, I'll bet that he'll have some splainin' to do...............

Old 09-19-2023, 03:58 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Didn't realize the military incompetence reached all the way to fighter pilot cadre.

Old 09-19-2023, 04:22 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
What kind of impact would turn a plane like that into a "debris field" full of matchsticks?

Usually, even when a plane flies at full speed into a mountain, for instance, there is something left of the plane that looks like a plane.

Someone nearby would have heard a loud explosion and seen a fireball in the air if the thing had exploded into smithereens.

So much of this story makes very little sense.

Old 09-19-2023, 06:28 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Quote:
I think the plane auto ejected the pilot and then flew off on its own mission. It must have landed in that field and parked itself over in that stand of trees.
AI taking over.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:32 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Missing F-35 while Zelensky is in NYC. Coincidence? What's that tractor pulling anyway?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events