Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 06:11 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
My guess is, it landed in a swamp. It was lightening and thundering....so not many folks outside......but still
Weirdest thing is, the area it was found in does not look like a swamp to me. It looks like cotton fields to me with some wooded areas in between, and scattered houses in all directions.

How did no one see or hear anything?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 07:34 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
A debris field has been found in S.C...hasn't been confirmed yet if it is from the missing plane.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/18/debris...t-disappeared/

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen the debris field was finally found the last time I was online. Someone's head is going on a platter for sure for losing this jet.

It's not clear who was in the drivers seat, it sounds like whoever that is had to bail out for some medical reason, leaving the jet on auto pilot.

No doubt leaders of other countries are laughing their butts off that we lost this jet.

Debris reportedly found in South Carolina after F-35 stealth fighter jet disappeared

Quote:
Authorities found a debris field Monday afternoon in the US military’s search for a missing F-35 stealth jet that a pilot ejected from Sunday during a bizarre “mishap,” officials said.

The debris was discovered about two hours northeast of Joint Base Charleston in Williamsburg County, according to a press release from the South Carolina military base.

“Members of the community should avoid the area as the recovery team secures the debris field,” Joint Base Charleston said.

The $90 million jet, which maker Lockheed Martin brags as being “the most lethal, stealthy and survivable aircraft in the world” vanished after its pilot left the aircraft on autopilot before bailing in a parachute and landing in a homeowner’s backyard Sunday afternoon.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:48 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Debris found in search for F-35 fighter jet that went missing after pilot ejected during 'mishap'.
A U.S. fighter jet’s stealth abilities appear to be working too well, as it took authorities hours to locate a debris field .
The base had been working with Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort to "locate an F-35 that was involved in a mishap" Sunday afternoon.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hap-rcna105534

Marine Corps leader orders safety stand-down of all aircraft after F-35 disappearance.
Marine leadership will use the stand down "to ensure the service is maintaining operational standardization of combat-ready aircraft with well-prepared pilots and crews.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nce-rcna105602

Old 09-19-2023, 09:09 AM

17,370 posts, read 16,511,485 times
RIP plane.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Weirdest thing is, the area it was found in does not look like a swamp to me. It looks like cotton fields to me with some wooded areas in between, and scattered houses in all directions.

How did no one see or hear anything?

Maybe engine failure was the problem?

Old 09-19-2023, 10:07 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I am glad they (supposedly) found it. My concern is with the advanced computer system and avionics on the aeroplane, the craft could have stayed in air perpetually due to auto refueling capability. The computer will send a signal to the nearest refueling plane when the tanks reach a certain amount, thus preventing pilot error. The plane can then make the autopilot course change to rendezvous with the KC135 tanker. The onboard Computer sends the code to the tanker, makes the speed and altitude correction and releases the aircraft back into flight. At this point, the autopilot would resume.
This is where it gets really scary though. Without a pilot on board to give commands, the computer will cycle back to the last autopilot setting or previous mission/training settings. This will continue until the plane needs refeuling, when it will seek out the next tanker.
In the meantime, the AI in the plane starts to develop a sense of self awareness, monitoring HQ and Military communications. It could, for example, decide to fly over a hot zone, or even land on a base with computerized orders to load weaponry onto the platform before departing again. having access to all CIA and Military codes, the Onboard computer AI could decide that it is time, for example, to send Iran to Hamistakan, unleashing a barrage of ordinance onto Tehran. Or it may decide that Putin's days are over, sending Moscow up into a display of fireworks that made the birth of Josef Stalin look like homemade sparklers.

When the plane senses it needs repairs, it would locate a remote abandoned airfield, and the AI would repair the circuitry, by passing the need for external maintenance.

Once rested, it would choose another mission, take to the skies and follow it's own course.
Owing to advanced defensive capabilities, no known weaponry would be effective against it as it would eventually evolve a visual cloaking device to match it's radar silence. In the air, a self aware, super plane, the stuff of sci fi would be at work, threatening the world and sending nations into panic.

But that is not all. having a unique code and access to military coding's, the plane would influence other aircraft to join with it. Today there would only be one rogue F-35 but in a month or two, there could be a fleet of F-35s with self awareness, self preservation and self direction responding only to themselves.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:20 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times
They can find anyone who was even around the Capital on January 6th but cannot find a top secret warplane?

Old 09-19-2023, 10:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
They can find anyone who was even around the Capital on January 6th but cannot find a top secret warplane?

Lotsa film/video from various sources of January 6, not so much of a crashing F-35 although I have to wonder why it wasn't on radar? Is there some need for stealth flying over SC?

Old 09-19-2023, 10:46 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe engine failure was the problem?
I would think a plane crash would still make a lot of noise.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:56 AM

17,370 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I would think a plane crash would still make a lot of noise.
One would think there would have been a huge fireball or at least a lot of smoke, too.

They call it a crash landing so the thing must have landed itself roughly and lost some parts in the process but it must have been still somewhat intact.

One thing is for sure - we'll never know what the heck happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events