Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 10:01 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,656,637 times

Advertisements

A Florida student beat a teacher's aid unconcious. Hit her at least 15 time, pushed to the ground where she fell unconcious. Was upset she took away a Nintendo game switch. When on the ground he also kicked her.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/florida/...ntendo-switch/

Pos whined he didn't want to be arrested.

Game addict and/or violent teen that would've taken this path regardless?

Last edited by Mikala43; Today at 05:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 10:10 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,243,004 times
The article states that he is a special needs student.

Old 02-24-2023, 11:19 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Doesn't matter. He should be in jail

Old 02-24-2023, 12:19 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Doesn't matter. He should be in jail
Of course it matters. If you go to any school for developmentally disabled people, they’ll tell you what a dangerous job it is. I saw a woman suddenly freak out and start throwing things and trying to hit people while working in a sheltered workshop when I was an OT student. We had lectures on how to get out of it if you’re being choked from the front, from the back, etc.

We have a long time poster here CoChristie, who has a huge autistic teen who regularly beats her up and they have special protocols in his school to deal with his violence. It is not something he can control, he’s low functioning.

It sounds like this kid shouldn’t have been in public school but Special Services district.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:34 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,547,378 times
This 6'7" 220 pound child is a violent menace. I hope the system and his parents take this very seriously and see to it that he gets whatever help he needs while he's incarcerated.

That poor teacher, there are no words.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:34 PM

9,890 posts, read 4,656,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
If he is disabled he'll probably be treated as such. It used to be in some school district special needs and problem students wound up being put into the same special program. If he has a diagnosis is one thing but especially in the past those programs wound up being dumping ground for students they couldn't handle or know what to do with. Hopefully things are different now.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:40 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Taking his special needs into account, he is a clear danger to others which isn't safe for anyone around him and really isn't safe for him, either.

I don't know what the solution is but something needs to change.

Old 02-24-2023, 01:23 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This 6'7" 220 pound child is a violent menace. I hope the system and his parents take this very seriously and see to it that he gets whatever help he needs while he's incarcerated.

That poor teacher, there are no words.

If he's 6'7" he's WELL over 220lbs. He'd be rail thin at that weight. Looking at the pic, I was thinking 320.

But.. As for what happens.. Depends on what the "Special Needs" are. again. This is where the PC crowd has changed the definitions of everything so we don't know what the issue is here.

Is he just mildly retarded? Is he simple? Schizo? Emotionally disturbed? A moron?

We had so many words that are now politically incorrect that described exactly what you were dealing with.

Anyway you look at it.. This part..

Quote:
Deputies said as they walked the teen past the unconscious victim, the teen spit on her and threatened to come back and kill her. Parents said they are shocked.

In other words. This wasn't a momentary lapse of control.

He needs to be out of that school. He needs to be in a controlled environment. If you want to say he didn't know any better. Fine. Put him somewhere he can't hurt people until he knows better.

If he's non-'disturbed' enough to know right from wrong. That can be prison.

If not.. Then a secure facility for 'Special Needs' people that can teach him right from wrong.

Old 02-24-2023, 02:53 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Of course it matters. If you go to any school for developmentally disabled people, they’ll tell you what a dangerous job it is. I saw a woman suddenly freak out and start throwing things and trying to hit people while working in a sheltered workshop when I was an OT student. We had lectures on how to get out of it if you’re being choked from the front, from the back, etc.

We have a long time poster here CoChristie, who has a huge autistic teen who regularly beats her up and they have special protocols in his school to deal with his violence. It is not something he can control, he’s low functioning.

It sounds like this kid shouldn’t have been in public school but Special Services district.
Did you see the video I saw???? He KNEW what he did was wrong and that's why he said he didn't want to go to jail. Give me a break here.

And I'm aware of CoChristie. That's her decision to allow that to happen to herself. It doesn't have to be that way

Old 02-24-2023, 03:07 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,712 times
Considering this kid's size, strength, and violent tendencies, at some point he's going to have a run-in with police. And it's probably not going to end well for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events