Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 11:50 PM

19 posts, read 24,671 times

Advertisements

Now let's bring in the 2 champs being of the 20th century.
Game contender number 1 as being a combined effort Nintendo Super Nintendo.
and now contender number 2 is Sega systems.
This is only about the Nintendo systems and the Sega system and which one do you like better?
Note that this is about all games from Nintendo systems and all games from Seaga system.

You can only choose 1 or the other. If they were a tie it would make this post easier.
You can also talk about the games you like from both systems.
Even though you can talk about both systems you have to choose which is best. Just like Regis Philbin says is that your final answer? Give a reason why. I will give you options.

a. I like Nintendo systems better than Sega system
b. I like Sega sytem better the Nintendo systems.
c. How come there is not a slot on my home game system to put my quarter in to get game credits?

Last edited by Ilovemyladybabykitten04; 03-28-2018 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: needed clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Sega, hands down. Nintendo was/is/always will be aimed more at the "family" market. While I respect that, it isn't really my cup of tea for gaming. Sega leaned more toward "adult" gaming, with more options in the way of sports and action games. To this day, my favorite all-time hockey game was NHL '98 for the Genesis.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 AM

911 posts, read 261,907 times
I prefer Nintendo Atari 2600 and Colecovision

Old 03-28-2018, 08:21 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Nintendo easily for me!

The Sega Master System was a good console but The Nintendo Entertainment system was a juggernaut.

The Sega Genesis had a nice little run and some add ons such as sega cd 32x. The ad ons never really caught on. Once the Super Nintendo was released and really ramped up was the beginning of the end for the dated Genesis. The Super Nintendo had way more colors in its graphic card, better sound and a much better processor. Not to mention more steady releases of quality games.

The Sega Saturn was another good system with poor marketing at release and not enough support. They just weren't competitive with Nintendo and the new player the Sony Playstation.

The N64 even though catridge base still out shined the Sega Saturn.

Dream Cast suffered the same fate as the Saturn. This was actually my favorite Sega system. I had fun times with the original 2k games and Phantasy Star Online. Dream Cast was Sega's last console

The Game Cube was a more powerful system than the Dream cast and had more staying power. My very favorite version of Smash Brother was on the Game Cube hands down.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:57 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Nintendo for the 8 bit era. Turbo-Grafx 16 for the 16 bit era.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:01 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
EA Sports games never felt right on the SNES. There were a few other Sega ports that were better.

But by and large, the SNES was the superior hardware. The sound was better (voices on any Genesis game sounded like they were underwater) and so were any rotating graphics that made games like Mario Kart.

Compare to, say, the rotating bonus stages in Sonic The Hedgehog. It rotates, but it's completely 2D and kind of choppy.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:48 AM

19 posts, read 24,671 times
When I played Donkey Kong at the skating rink arcade game I seen the name Nintendo. Little did I know one day that would be a famous home video game maker. Donkey Kong showed up in various areas. Then there was Donkey Kong Jr arcade quarter game. Then there was Donkey Kong 3 which was not that good of a version. No one probably remembers that dk3 arcade game. Then came arcade game quarter inserted the original regular Mario Bros., not super, I mean just regular. Many of you may have not seen the original Mario Bros..

Mario was in the Donkey Kong game by himself at first. Then Luigi is introduced in Mario Brother. There is turtle crabs and other creatures to bump them from the bottom beam to make them flip on their backs. . Run and push them off the screen. Get rid of all of them and that will finish each round. Watch out for their fireballs that keeps going across the screen if you are on the floor too long. The bonus round was then pick up as many coins as you can for bonus. ..

Of course it only makes sense that now the new arcade quarter game was Super Mario. The same one on the Nintendo game system when it came out for home game systems. . I thought that Sega made some arcade game maybe. But I noticed other names like nichibusstu (sp?) and konami (sp?) arcade games plus taito(sp?). Pinball game was Williams, Gottlieb and I think Ballys since I also loved pinball as much as video games too.

I had liked the original home game Nintendo system. Only that my 2 friends Al and Rich had these. Of course I played Mario 2. For several years in my adult life I only played arcade games sometimes. I did not have time for game system seriously trying to get on my feet looking for work. . Suddenly I seen Sega games.

Suddenly I seen Sonic the Hedgehog and the Sega system. I really liked this one a lot. Much better than the original Nintendo. Then Super Nintendo came out. But Super Nintendo did not phase me much. I mostly like Sega games like Bugsy a rabbit like game similar to sort of Sonic the Hedgehog... rabbit getting through each level. I finally beat the game. . Road Rash the motorcycle game where police motorcycles stop you. . . Street Fighter 2. Streets of Rage, Buster Douglas, Sonic one two and 3 of course. Aladdin. James Pond. He was a strange character with arms that can stretch all the way to the top of the screen. That funny carnival music it had collecting fruits, cake, and other fun things.

So my choice is Sega game systems for sure. Sega is the best memories of my all time favorite games. . Even though I did not play tons of them. The one I did always keeps my interest playing hours all night or day. There was no other game system back then that I wanted to keep playing all the time. .

I don't want everyone to like what I like. That would be boring. That's why this is a fun options game opinion. You don't have any wrong answers either unless it is a video game called I wish to be Donald Trump video game ahahah. Talk about a dead end career in life haahahah. So long to Donald Trump. Let's get back to Sega games. Sound effect music background "Seeeeeeegggggaaaaa"

Old 03-30-2018, 02:08 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
I grew up with and like Sega libraries more, but Nintendo defined video games as we know them.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:20 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Nintendo for me since me and my friends put a ton of time in on Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II Turbo and Mortal Kombat II. Those three games and Weaponlord pretty much define the SNES for me.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:44 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
To this day, I’ve never played any games on a Sega Saturn. It was an interesting console that unfortunately fell victim to poor marketing and stiff competition from Sony. Apparently, the Japanese catalogue is vast as the console was moderately successful over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games