Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times

Advertisements

Don't you hate when you have to bust chops to get things right? Glad it's up and running, Evey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 01:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Billy got here safe and sound last night, but highly pi$$ed about the rental they gave him. $300 for a week and he joined this 'club' thing to get the deal (which dad is paying for, but still). He hates the vehicle they gave him! Looked at his pix from NYC-oh he has some fantastic shots of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, and Times Square and the big museum there, dinosaur bones, what a treat to see all those!

He's off shopping with a buddy so I did a quick Denise Austin cardio workout. Can't slack off like last time he was here!

Woke up this morning, looked next to me, and lo' and behold, there's Mystic, under the covers with her little head sticking out, looking comfy as can be. I have no idea how she got that way, but she stayed there for quite a while. It was so funny!

Anyway, gotta get busy, have a great day everyone.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone,

Safe travels to you Sandy.
You all are so cute with the nicknames.

For Christmas, we're staying here and having a ham. I didn't do hardly any baking at all because I don't want most of it hanging around here.

Kind of gloomy outside today. A white Christmas may be on the way.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Fuzzy, the morning that DH was ill and lying on the floor, Bumper (who is terrified of being covered up) crawled under the blanket over him and snuggled right next to him. She kept looking at him to make sure he was ok.

OMG, a catastrophe just occurred here at the NMS household. DH is still baking. (No, that's not it.) He decided that he needed more space to roll out the dough for a recipe, so he went into the dining room to get the portable island and bring it into the kitchen area. On the top of the island is a beautiful, mirrored frame type tray that his dad made years ago. On the tray were about 18 different types of glasses from tall, heavy crystal water glasses to light, thin crystal wine glasses, two bottles of wine and an antique wine decanter that was my grandmother's. You got it. Rather than take the stuff off the tray, he picked it up by the handles and the mirrored bottom gave out. We do have survivors - both bottles of wine (thank goodness!), 3 of the heavy water glasses and one etched glass wine glass as well as granny's decanter. There were chards and chunks of glass from our bedroom thru the living room and dining room, into the den and hallway to the front door. Poor Bandit was scared out of his poor little wits (and he doesn't have a lot of those!). He ran from the lanai thru the glass and into the den where he hid between the bookcases. Well, when I went to get the vacuum, he ran all the way back thru the glass AGAIN and hid in the closet in the bedroom. Poor little guy.

Everybody's ok and it's just stuff that broke, so we're very grateful. But I wasn't ready to clean those floors till after Christmas! Oh, well...it's done now. Then, when poor Bandit got his nerve together and came out, didn't DH choose that moment to drop a knife on the floor right next to him?? We still haven't peeled him off the ceiling.

And I'm the klutz in the family......

Old 12-22-2010, 03:00 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Oh no Pattie! Poor Bandit!

Ummmm, I thought you were going to hide the flour.....

Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 PM

I should have!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, if that happened here, it would be MY fault! Few things are worse than cleaning up broken glass, you never get it all. Sorry for the loss of all that beautiful stuff. Did he learn his lesson?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:22 PM

I think so, fuzzy. I learned a long time ago - when I left my home after 20 years w/first husband - it's just stuff. I don't get upset over that kind of thing any more.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
yikes pattie that was scary poor bandit
I hate when I break something glass too cause getting all the pieces sucks
heres a trick tun off the lights and kneel down holding a flashlight it will make any pieces left shine I have also heard using a slice of bread picks up the pieces easier

Fuzzy sounds like Billy had a wonderful time maybe he can trade the car especially if he shows up there in uniform

Evey I am glad they replaced the fridge so quickly hopefully that will be the last of the problems you have with it
Cheryl I love ham what time is dinner !!!

I got all but hubbys gifts wrapped yesterday I will do them today while he is golfing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals