Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies !!

Wow I can not believe it is Thursday already !!

Today is girls day we haven't had one since before Christmas
lol I hope my friend is ready for running around that will include lots of walking
I got a call from sprint yesterday that my netbook came in so stopping by there to pick it up
a stop at the bank
then to best buy to pick one out for CD he went and checked the size out and said it will be fine
lol how many think I should get him a really jazzy colored one rofl pink maybe !!

I will get everything loaded on it for the business (office suite,the video surveillance and the website for daily reports) then ship it to him

Hubby had to go in AGAIN to the office this time to meet with the building folks there seems to be some "issues" with his moving his servers. He is not amused !!

Hopefully we will be doing lots of walking today if not I wil hit the treadmill when I get home

So whatcha all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Good morning everyone.

Did some core exercises already. Will be getting plenty of mall walking done later this morning. I'm meeting my friend (the one going through hell with her extremely selfish husband) for a late breakfast. I try and get her out and about when she least expects it. We both end up having fun, and I do behave myself.

It's bad to say, but my friend is flogging a dead horse. She is happier away from him, and stonger about her path in life after talking, but she crumbles when he's home and treating her like dirt. So much of me wants to tell her the honest truth, but I can't. She has to find that out for herself. I'm here for her no matter what, but it's getting harder and harder to stand by and watch her going through so much abuse. I know I'm waffling, but had to get it off my chest 'cause I know you guys have awesome ears!!!

Well, got to paruse CD and I'll "see" you all later.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Oh Sue, hugs to your friend, what a horrible arrangement to be involved in and I know from a past relationship how horrible verbal abuse can be.

Already had my smoothie this morning (made with the fresh squeezed oj) and I must admit that it was probably one of the best ones I have made. Karla I had to laugh at your MIL making healthy juice, I've seen those advertised on TV and people really do put awful looking things in there (even tho I like veggies I don't want to drink too many of the) good carrot juice is the limit

Today is my DVD exercise day, and a good thing cuz it is snowing outside and cold. Even Cassy did not want to walk, just do her job and come in. Then I am going to get back to the files, hopefully I will be done and can begin sorting the documents for filing. I never want to get it in this shape again, my box of filing is overflowing and some of it is just junk that Bob threw in there.....sigh one of the things I like the least.

Oh did I tell you Karla that Cassy's vet told me to go ahead and use the meds you sent? I can't see a difference in her one bad leg but I realize that these things take time, he did want to put her on the other med again but I asked if I could give this a chance to work, at least he listens to his clients.
She will still run and does jump slightly over things and eats good so he said okay. He heart is strong that is what he keeps telling me He is looking at that medically and Bob and I know that it is love keeping her going........she sure loves us!

Gotta get, time to study for interview and get cleaned up. Have a great day all.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good morning, ladies. I admit - I got lazy today. No walk. Besides, it was threatening rain. We can use it, that's for sure. Karla, I hope it doesn't peter out before it gets here like it did the last time you sent us some. Wish I were there for girls' day.

Sue, you're doing a very good thing standing by your friend. When I finally left my idiot, I had a gf who would do exactly what you're doing and I'll never forget her for getting me out of the house and helping me to stop feeling sorry for myself. That's what she needs. And you're exactly right, until she decides she's had enough, nothing you can say to her will help, just alienate her. So we're here for ya, and are glad to listen.

We're going to run some errands today, too. Gotta pick up some stuff at the VA clinic, return something to Radio Shack, exchange a "sick" tumbler at Tervis. I think that's about it. Better bring my slicker.

Catch y'all later.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Hey, Sandy. Don't study too hard. I hope the meds help Cassy. We all hate to see our furkids sick, that's for sure.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Oh thanks Pattie! She is just getting old and unless she is in horrible, untreatable pain I refuse to put her down, after all we don't put Grandpa down because he has arthritis and has a hard time getting around.
Thanks for the ? of the day Karla, I have not seen anything unusual yet, except maybe Tech's answer about building a kingdom!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy, when you come to visit bring Cassy and I will give her a massage. Oh, and there is a thread going in the Work & Employment section about absurd questions they ask at job interviews. //www.city-data.com/forum/work-...questions.html After reading that I will never think anyone asks a stupid question again.

Well, Shadow & I headed out for our walk just as her buddy across the street headed out for his. We tagged along. For 3 miles. Ugh! I was not prepared for that much of a walk, but Shadow had a ball. It is kind of sleeting/flurrying here which normally bugs Shadow but she was too absorbed in hunting squirrels with Rocko.

I am going to make another attempt at a day off today. Book is waiting patiently on the sofa.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Evey thanks, I will. Are not the vets in your area interested in your skills? I would think that with the horses we have around here, you would be in hot demand......not just that but stylists who offer animal massage.
Think I will travel over to the unemployment thread, I have already gotten some good ones from there. Actually Pattie is right, they ask these questions to make sure one is prepared and also to see how one reacts to stress. I have always found that looking straight in the eye and not wiggling helps me, not just to calm me down but it makes me look in control and confident. hahahahah.......

Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Well, it's a dark and dreary day here in SW Florida, but that's good because we're getting some much needed rain. So, DH and I decided there was nothing we NEEDED to do outside today, so we scrapped our errands and have been cooking all day.

I found a Jamie Oliver salsa recipe and we both liked it, so I made some more this morning. That takes care of some of those tomatoes (I'm starting to look like one!), peppers and green onions we have hanging around. He made what he calls a granny cake that has everything but the kitchen sink in it - bananas, pineapple, nuts, lots of spices. Can't wait to cut into it. That takes care of some of our ripe fruit and nuts we have from the Christmas cookies - oh, and flour and sugar, too! I made that pot roast that I got on sale yesterday (good day for pot roast). I had to go with Plan B, tho. Plan A was brown it in my cast iron Dutch oven and cook it in the oven. Well, I got a humongous roast because it was on sale and we like to use the leftovers for beef barley soup. Guess what? Didn't fit in the Dutch oven! Never had that happen before! So I got out a huge skillet, browned it in that and threw it in our big ol' crock pot with onions, celery, 'taters, carrots and 'shrooms. Oh, and beef broth, too. Can't wait till dinner! But, with all the other cooking/cleaning going on, I lost track of time, so it'll probably be a bit later than usual. That's ok. WE'll eat chips and salsa!

Oh, and I'm getting budget numbers together. We'll crack this thing one way or the other!

So c'mon down - we have enough food for the whole crew!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Can you link me to the Jamie Oliver salsa recipe? He's all about healthy cooking, which I love.

Did the short-ish Denise Austin workout, every time she slows down I think it's almost time for the 'cool down' but NOOOooooo...should know better by now, I've done it a bunch of times.

Have a good day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals