Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

After yesterdays drama I need to get out of the house so my friend & I are going to go wander this morning

We are going to head to the mall. it is suppose to be in the mid to upper90's today so we figure we can get our walking exercise done in a cool AC place

lol we have both put ourselves on "no more plants" restriction so no nursery visits today

Conference call with corporate at 1 lol I may have to have a couple shots of Patties peach vodka right before

So what is your day going to hold ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 AM

p.s I told CD to call me this morning to go over a few points so I will be nice and prepared for this afternoons conference call
The reason he is not "involved" more is because I am the one handling the day to day of the business and he won't be "snowballed" by corporate as to what level of "support" they "supply"
rofl he said to me "They're nuts if they think I am going to pay them $40k a year for what they consider management services when I know you handle 95%"

Old 05-12-2011, 07:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
I know you had said that that amount was big that mgmt was charging but dang considering the amount of work you do for him and how they come to you with their problems, DANG that is huge! Good luck on the conference call!

Well 2 miles out of the way today and after I send out a few resumes I will be back cleaning in order to free up the afternoon, I am going to sit outside with a book and enjoy the sunshine!

Bob got the new shrub planted, a few day lillies transplanted, and the hosta divided and transplanted yesterday. Dang no wonder I could not get the shovel in to divide the hosta, Bob had to jump on the shovel to get it between the sections! It was horribly overgrown and should have been divided about 5 years ago, as it was we transplanted 4 rather large divisions of it to various parts of the yard and still have to plant an overgrown day lillie today to a new home (divided of course). After the bark comes I will take pictures (and Tricia bought 4 huge stones to be delivered next week and placed in the beds, she said it would take a fork lift to place them as a few of them are 200 lbs!).

That is the extent of my day so far, I will stop back later.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM

sandy next time bring out the reciprocating saw, it will cut through the roots like butter

Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times
Oooo... can't wait to see the photos of the garden, Sandy! Once I get the one bed finished (or at least the anchor plants in), and the mulch topped up I'll post a picture or two. Everything is beginning to bud. Can't wait for the splash color to hit!

Haven't been on line the last few days. I was ready to beat my computer up thanks to IE8. I now have to go through Firefox just to get my emails! Also, our landline phone got fried during a nasty storm the other night. Now we have to go and buy a new phone. We only have the line because of my family in England!

Will be heading out for a long walk in a few before the next thunderstorm hits. I hope everyone is ok and not experiencing any of the flooding. My heart just breaks for those people.

Anyhoo, hope you all have a spectacular day!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 AM

Sue we had to switch to firefox too, had too many problems with IE and our whole system online had slowed down horribly. Now we have no problems! Course our security protection on computer was not happy we switched to firefox but I have never had any problems with it (we had it in AL too).

Tricia is not much into annuals but she plants lots of pernnials so I just am happy to have a hanging planter with color. Her beds should look great when we are done tho.

Had a huge storm last night with lots of thunder, lightening, and rain (I slept through it but Bob and Tricia were up with the dogs). lol, she called Bob her step dad yesterday, it is the first time I have ever heard he say that!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,642 times
Hi everone.
Well, since no kid is interrupting at the moment and no housework to be done I thought I would drop in for a second.

Karla told me it would be interesting for you to know that we have a new family member. Our daughter Anni was born on March 7th and is the whole pride of her big brother Miguel now.
She's a very good baby so far. Very easy, sleeping a lot and smiling when she's awake.

Now I'm a stay at home mom again until March next year. It was at that time in 2007 that I found CD and all the nice people here

Anyhoo', I went to my step aerobic class right till the end of the 6th month of my pregnancy but then the hopping around was rather difficult So now I'm back to getting in shape again. But with Miguel keeping me up and running all the time that shouldn't be a problem at all.
I'm walking quite a bit and even started jogging a bit. But my lungs feel like they are filled with glass once I start so this is not my favorite workout

On Tuesday I went to my first gymnastic class and it was really great. My legs are still hurting.

Today I walked one and a half mile pushing the baby carriage to the beach and right back home. And I plan to do some exercises this evening while watching TV.

Okay, gotta go. Miguel is way to quiet for my taste right now

Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 AM

MM so glad to hear from you and congratulations on the new baby! Now you have a perfect family, boy, girl and one hand for each!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Isn't it great that MM stopped by again. I hope she keeps coming back.

Walked 3 miles today. Another gorgeous morning for a walk.

We're supposed to start washing the lanai windows this a.m. but we're putting it off till the sun goes around to the other side of the house. Don't want any streaks. We ran some errands. DH picked out a red Oleander he fell in love with. We're not sure where it's going yet, so it's hangin' out in the side yard. DH also has his heart set on a fountain for the garden. We found a couple of spots where it would work. I'm thinking it would make a nice anniversary gift to each other.

Catch y'all later.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Diana! How nice to see you again!

Well, yesterday I noticed the A/C was not really blowing cold air. I called the landlady who called the A/C guy who told me he would not be able to get here until about noon today. Are you kidding? It was 89 in the bedroom at 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Ugh! So I headed to Lowe's and bought a portable stand up unit on wheels that will roll from room to room. All 4 critters laid in front of it all evening. A/C guy shows up at 9 this morning, finds a loose wire in the condensing unit, and 3 minutes later the A/C is working. Yay for quick fixes!

Of course, having a repairman here at that hour disrupted the morning routine. Kitties were all confused, and Shadow declined to walk in favor of sitting on the floor vent to soak up some coolness. *shakes head* We have been to see the cookie ladies, and later we will likely head down to the river so Shadow can swim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals