Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

I got on the scale and the arrow has gone to the left a couple notches !!

lol I guess the all running around the past week especially since Monday has left me little time to snack and the scale showed this

Plus lol I still don't have chocolate candy in the house

We are off to the DR this morning hubby has to have a cyst removed from under his ear (that was one of Mondays appts) I didn't think we would of gotten an apt until after the cruise because she is a plastic surgeon and it took 8 weeks to get the first appt. but she was able to squeeze him in (this is the same one I used a few years ago when I had one removed) lol I said it is because we are "repeat customers"

After that I am going to come home and get the checks ready for tomorrows deposit I can leave payroll blank until I get the figures

I may jump on the treadmill if my shoulder isn't acting up too much

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Congrats Karla. Any day the scale goes to the left is a good day

I do have some chocolate in the house. I just bought a bag of Nestle Dark Chocolate chips..a new flavor but the bag is 10oz. Didn't they used to be 12 oz. Oh well...our grandson is coming over tomorrow for pool and pizza. I thought I would make choc chip cookies for the guys and a healthy batch for me with some dried cranberries or cherries in the mix. I love chocolate and berries.

OK..enough about food.

I just woke up and I have a sore throat. I need to take an antibiotic and get rid of this. Hey Karla- you should get a kick out of this one I buy fish antibiotics because they are the same as people antibiotics and you don't have to go to the doctor for them.

I have no idea what the plans are today. Right now it looks like rain.

Have a good day.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
No kidding on the antibiotics Lisa, I never knew that man you must have to take a lot to come up with a people dosage If you have a sore throat that is how my cold began, it was nasty, just now beginning to see the light at the end of the cold tunnel. My coughing is only at night now and I take a good dose of NyQuil before laying down.

Morning all!

I have my walk done and Max is sleeping in, he sleeps with Morgan so if he does not get up when he hears me I know he is sacked out but good. Last night she rode her bike with him on the leash running beside her, he pooped out upon coming back

Gotta get shopping done this morning and then salsa making. I have never canned salsa just made it for eating, so this is a first for me! Lisa when you make salsa and can it do you cold pack it?

Good luck on the cyst removal Karla!

Be back later, if I have time I am going to find another Yoga exercise on TV, they really seem to be working.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Sandy- Believe it or not the fish pills are the same as our pills. I think the pill is dropped into the tank for the fish

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I just made 6 jars of salsa last night. I cooked the tomatoes and the seasonings first using the Ball Fiesta Salsa Mix. It's not bad. Then I put the mix into the sterilized jars. I don't process them because I eat it all that quickly

If you want it to last for a year or so you need to put the hot salsa in the jars and process it in boiling water.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Thanks Lisa, I was going to process them just wondered if you cooked the salsa before the process. My recipe calls for the salsa just to be chopped in the food processor, thinking as long as I process for 20 minutes that won't really matter.

I'm going to remember that about the fish antibiotics, good knowledge.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Good morning, all. OMG, canning. I love the results, but just don't have the ambition to do it any more. It's a very satisfying chore, tho, that's for sure. And one of the good things is you know exactly what's in it, unlike stuff you buy at the store.

Did my 2 miles w/20 min. weights this a.m. I don't know what's going on, but I've been feeling lots better lately. Maybe my aches and pains were psychosematic or something, I don't know. Oh, well.... I feel better. No need to analyze it, right?

Karla, good thoughts to hubby for the cyst removal.

DH and I both have dental cleaning scheduled this afternoon. Oh, boy. Can't wait.

Bumper's yelling at me. She wants to go outside and see what Poppa's doing. Guess I need to do that in a minute, after dropping by to see my friends at OOH.

Have a great day, all.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Lisa I knew it was cheaper to get the dogs prescriptions at the drug store than through the vet
and if it is one on the list at Publix it is free
But how cool on how you can get & use the fish stuff

Do they have a Erythromycin for fish thats what they usually give me

Sandy Hubby takes a double does of NyQuil at night when he has a cold he swears the double does knocks it right out

I am going to take my kindle with me to read while hubby has his procedure though I have a feeling I will end up taking to the insurance lady in the office

lol we "bonded" yesterday when we had a 3 way call with our ins company trying to get a straight answer on whether or not the procedure needed ins approval
She is from up north and the 3rd person we got on the phone was from Queens NY ( lol I heard the accent and asked) So I joked "ok we are all 3 from up north so we will get this "fixed" everyone laughed and it was resolved in minutes

Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Morning Pattie we were posting at the same time

Yay on the feeling better it may of been a pinched something they didn't pick up that worked itself out

Don't ya love dental cleanings lol hey at least you get the little floss things you can carry in your purse and toothbrushes
We use the Sonic so I save the dentist ones for travel

oh I forgot when "ortho Doc" said surgery I told him "i'd rather have a root canal"
lol he just rolled his eyes and laughed he has known me for 4 years so knows that "off" side of mine

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Lisa I knew it was cheaper to get the dogs prescriptions at the drug store than through the vet
and if it is one on the list at Publix it is free
But how cool on how you can get & use the fish stuff

I got the free stuff at Publix for Niki when she got a skin infection. Good deal.

Do they have a Erythromycin for fish thats what they usually give me
Yes.
She is from up north and the 3rd person we got on the phone was from Queens NY ( lol I heard the accent and asked) So I joked "ok we are all 3 from up north so we will get this "fixed" everyone laughed and it was resolved in minutes
Yeah northerners are different, lol.

This is the company I used. You don't need a prescription so it isn't the cheapest but you don't have to see a doctor for every little sickness.

Tablet & Capsule Antibiotics

Good luck with hubby today. I would end up talking to everyone while I waited.

Pattie-Ooh cleanings..how fun

Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
This will be my first visit to this dentist, so I don't know what "parting gifts" he has to offer. Remember the days when they gave you a lollipop at the dentist??? Did that make sense or what??? It'd be like going to a cardioligist and, as you're leaving, he hands you a big ol' handful of lard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals