Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I had a nice surprise this morning Mr Karla took the day off

I didn't get up till 7:15 and said your going to be late and he said no I have the day off

Just got back from my morning run around the back yard with chaos lol the neighbors must really laugh as we play chase

So now my plans for today have changed I still have a Dr apt at 1
But I think this morning I may drag hubby over to the sports store to check out the elliptical model my NN's daughter is selling to see if I like the way it works if so I will buy hers

So what are your plans for the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Good morning! It's going to be another beautiful day here in the dairy state.

Heading out for my morning walk soon. This afternoon I'll be painting the outside of my Auntie's house. It's almost finished!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

I had waaaaay too much caffeine with dinner last night and as a result was up until 4:30 this morning. I just crawled out of bed. I am happy that it was one of Shadow's walks 3 houses down the street.

I am now sucking on more caffeine so I have the "umph" to help the neighbor's for the 2 hours that she is able to go every day. Gotta tell you, the prize of the day that got unearthed yesterday was a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee that was so old the cans had the old style pop tabs that you had to completely remove from the can. I hadn't seen one of those in years! Brought back memories of making belts out of them in the early '70's.

Later we will hit the beach. I have started a salt water fish tank and all of the fish, water, plants, etc. have come from the beach. I almost caught a sea horse yesterday. Many years ago I had a tank like this, where everything was free from the beach and it was the easiest tank I ever had. When the fish get too big I just set them free & catch some new ones.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, everybody. Boy, Karla...you were late today! But let's hear some snaps for Mr. K. That's always a nice surprise. Enjoy, girl.

Evey, I'd completely forgotten about those pull tabs and the stuff we made out of them. I think we're showing our age, lady. I hope you didn't drink that beer!

Still up north, so no exercise other than shopping. Let's see, shopping covers: weight lifting, bending, twisting, walking...hey! I think I can do this!

Enjoy the day all.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,656 times
Good morning! Another scorcher here today, but I think a few degrees less than yesterday. The high was 111 and I think today will be a cool 107 I got up early this morning, watered all the plants and took care of a couple small outdoor chores. Hubby left for San Diego yesterday for a few days, so my friend is coming up for a girls night. We will hit the pool later, so no walk for me this morning. And then we will hit the vino later and tell lies.

Race, your salt water tank sounds really neat! My hubby spent a couple of years when he was really young in Hawaii. He has told me about the salt water tank he and his brother had from creatures they would find at the beach.

Hope everyone has a great (and much cooler) day!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 PM

hey all

evey I wish I lived closer I could dive and get you some neat goodies for your tank

pattie glad to see your having a fun shopping vacation what do you hear from hubby ?

lol tet your the painting queen are you sure you don;t want to come down to FL

jnr please tell me there isnt a lot of humidity along with that heat !!!! lol I promise never to complain about the 90s here

ok well hubby and I went to the sporting good store
I can't believe how many different ellipticals there are
I did learn a bunch of stuff and realized the one my NN's daughter is selling won't work
I need something a little more solid
so now I have to do my research on the 3 I liked

we are going to go out for pizza tonight with our Sunday breakfast friends it is the hubbys birthday rofl I so want to show up with birthday hats but he is like my hubby does not enjoy the birthday attention lol wimp !!!!

btw hubby said what makes you think you will use this since you havent used the bike that we are giving my mom

lol I told him the folks here will keep me on track

hey wheres charley

Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Hi Ladies! Just checking in though there is not much to report. I went from going 5 to 6X per week to the gym to 3X per week. Man, going to work and school is tough!!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:19 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hey all,
Raining really good here today. Didn't get to walk this morning becasue of it but maybe this evening if it stops or slows down. Otherwise, it's a lazy day and I'm putting stuff away around here. (still)

Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
LOL Karla! The water is waist deep at best where we go, you would look silly in dive gear. Today I caught a tiny little puffer fish and 3 baby pin fish (bait). Looks like a second tank is going up this afternoon..........

Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM

I may have to go through my collection of stuff I brought up from about 60 ' down
that may work as "decoration" for your tanks
I have collected sand dollars and shells with coral on them. they have never been treated so they wouldn't cause an issue in the tank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals