Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies !!
Happy Monday

It is going to be a busy day, I ignored my paperwork all weekend. lol want to guess what I will be doing this morning

Then I will hit the treadmill and then head outside to re-pot the hanging baskets and then shop vac the screenroom floor

oh lol I "entertained" the neighbors on Saturday when I used hubbys shop vac to clean up the clippings after I edged the driveway of course NN was prowling around and just had to walk over

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good morning!

I did a 3 mile walk this a.m. Found a new walking path that followed one of the bigger "lakes" here - it went around about 3/4 of it - a long, narrow lake. Very pretty, lots of nice houses to snoop....I mean investigate.

Not sure what's going on today - DH said something about cleaning the lanai windows this week. I'd like to start today. We have to take them off the frames and wash them; some need repairing - just putting some springs in so they stay up. And we need to put a little vaseline on the frames so they don't make this horrendous squealing noise when we raise or lower them. I hate doing it, but it looks so much nicer when you can actually see thru them. Last time we did them, I realized there were houses in back of us!

Karla, I've been meaning to tell you, but just haven't thought of it while online. The jade plant you gave me when I visited this past fall didn't make it. About a month ago, DH did something and the whole thing fell over - it was hollow! See? I told you I'm no good with plants!

On the plus side - the Christmas cactus did bloom this past month and the white flowers were absolutely beautiful.

Oh, and our passion plant has so many blossoms on it! I'm so psyched! DH was thinking about cutting it way down and then he saw all those blossoms. It's a beautiful flower.

Ran into Sally, the lady who has the brindle grey and the shaggy mutt dog. They're such sweet dogs. Lucy, the mutt can't wait to see me, strains her leash till she gets to me, takes one sniff, says, "OK, that's Pattie," and walks away. Gemma leans on me and won't stop - it's her way of saying "Pet me, stupid!" Sally's a lovely lady, too. Has a beautiful British accent.

OK, gang...time to wander over to OOH and say hello. I'll see you all later.

Oh, evey - how was the race? I heard there was a huge accident and that this really young guy won.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Hey Pattie
That is weird about the Jade
I don't even want to discuss mine the leaves took a hit with the freezes I am goign to leave them alone and see what happens

I wasn't sure what color the C.C Cactus was Yay I love the white

What color is your passion plant ? I didn't see flowers on mine last year so hoping this year

Next time you see the Grey give her a pat for me
They really are leaners
hmm I wonder if I have any extra greyhound stuff I could share

I remember when I use to have to wash the windows in the sunroom when I had the house at the beach I am with you I did not enjoy this task

ok halfway through my paperwork

oh did I mention hubby is researching new surround systems for the BA TV

Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 AM

I have to say the surround sound is nice; sometimes I actually think that the noise is coming from reality, not a movie!

The passion flowers are white on the outer petals, deep to light purple on the inner ones and the stamens are an electric yellow. I'll try to get a photo and send them to you.

I think of you every time I see that grey. She is so beautiful.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Wow, Pattie you must be even worse than I am. Even I couldn't kill a jade.

The race was fabulous! A rookie who just turned 20 on Saturday won, and did it driving for the Wood brothers. Back in the day the 21 was a fierce competitor and won a lot, but lately with the big multi-car teams it has kind of faded away. It was awesome to see that car in victory lane for the first time in 10 years.

TT gave me a scare last night. Shadow had gone out to tinkle and as she was coming back in TT bolted out the door, across the back yard, and disappeared into the woods. It took over an hour, but I finally got smart and tricked her into coming back. I got out the laser pen and she followed the light out of the woods, across the back yard, and up onto the porch where I promptly snatched her butt. I was glad that she didn't end up as a snack for a fox. *shudders*

Shadow, Mickey & I have been out hunting this morning. Mickey was wild! She climbed trees and ran as fast as she could. Shadow & I are getting ready to go visit the cookie ladies.

It sounds like that will be it for us today. It is getting ready to rain and they are calling for accumulating ice of almost a 1/2 inch followed by 3" of snow. I would like to be done driving when that gets here.....

Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM

Oooo...ice under snow....definitely not a good combination. Glad you enjoyed the race and that TT was safe and sound.

Yeh, my black thumb is infamous!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, everything is covered in ice here. NN's trees, the evergreens are drooped to the ground, a big branch broke off one, somebody stuck it in our yard. The powerlines are all coated, little icicles hanging off, it is awful. We're going to get the snow too later. Billy just told me it's around 80 there right now!

I'll be back--unless we lose power.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM

So far still just rain here, but I just watched the news and it looks like the ice line is just barely north of us and heading this way.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
So far still just rain here, but I just watched the news and it looks like the ice line is just barely north of us and heading this way.
Your temps must have been just a few degrees warmer than ours last night, if you're not coated in ice, or somehow it missed you guys.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM

I just stepped outside and I now have a coasting of ice on my handrail and there is ice on the bushes and power lines. *sigh* I guess I better drag in the propane tank for the emergency heater. It won't do me any good if it is in the garage and I can't get the door open because of the ice. So far the porch itself is just wet, but the salt is on standby just inside the door.

I was sure Puxatawny Phil said spring......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals