Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

lol toilet & paper towel paper day that is

If I don't get myself to the store today we will be in a dire "paperless" situation

So I am going to head out to Sams club first thing

The are saying the storm system that caused so much havoc in AL is headed our way this afternoon

One of the weather guys is saying it should weaken to just normal storms and rain by the time it gets near 95
I don't want to be out and about in case it is nasty

Not sure what I am going to do exercise wise today as of yet

lol hopefully it won't involve wanting to pull my hair out if we are still having internet issues at work

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Please be careful everyone with all that nasty weather. I hope everyone's friends and family are safe. Trying to get intouch with friends down there...

Elyptical and strength today.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:02 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,172 times
Thurs exercise folk,
I fell off the world for a few days, I will add in those side-stretches you all mentioned, THANKS, and come up with some tummy tighten stuff, and if I do get a routine together, I'll post it... "Exercise For The Infirm." Ha!

A man who is going to plant some shrubs and haul some brush piles came by the other day, we have a half-acre, and I took a half pain pill an hour before he came so my legs wouldn't buckle. Talk about a loooong walk thru brush, thickets, hilly spots, we went all the way around the property. I never would have thought I could do that... maybe I've been more able than I thought. But later when I tried to haul the little dog (50 lbs) up the back steps backwards, my legs gave out, I fell out on deck's soaked outdoor rug.

Feeling sad today, others get sad on chemo day. I go get Taxol #2 of #12 weekly = three months (and for whomever asked, this is after AC #4 every two weeks = two months). Taxol is easier, but still has its strangeness. Maybe I'm just overly tired from hiking "the lower forty." Thanks again all! GG

Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Hang in there GG We are on your side.

Morning all. I spent most of the night between computer and weather channel, horrible storm hit my old area and although I have heard two of my friends are safe I have yet to hear from the people who live in the direct path of the massive tornado. I have a feeling I will be on yahoo mail lots today checking on my e-mail

Today I am working in my closet and changing my sheets. I have a few other "to do's" but nothing big. I will see what the job world offers here later this afternoon. Going to make a big crock pot of spaghetti today for dinner.

Not sure what I will do today for exercise, have given more thought on how my friends have faired. Maybe a long walk and the bendy things. I'll report back when I finally do the exercise.

Have a great day all.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

I am actually seeing the sun! First time in a solid week that I have seen it. Of course, rain is in the forecast for later.

Shadow, Mickey, TT and I have been out hunting this morning. Shadow & I have been to visit the cookie ladies already. Hopefully we will be able to take a nice walk later. Poor Shadow has missed several days' worth of walking because of all the rain.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone,

I just realized I didn't post yesterday, just read the posts.

Anyway, an hour on the treadmill this morning. I had some clothes ready to go to the thrift store tomorrow when I go down the mountain but found out yesterday, this woman I met at church Sunday was visiting her mom in Az. and had all her clothes with her. The mom's house burned down and the clothes were burned so I'm dropping them off at the church after while for someone to deliver them. I don't really know her.

GG, I dread going in to the chemo room. I've still gotta go monthly to get my port flushed. I enjoy seeing the nurses but there are people that you know aren't going to make it through and it's very sad.
Be careful doing things. You don't want to be off somewhere and fall and make things worse.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
GG, no hauling around 50 lb. dogs, now, ya hear me??? Glad to hear you were able to walk the North Forty, tho.

Don't you love it the first day you feel good again?? I dragged the hubster to BJ's (paper day here, too, Karla) and a few other places. We took our tax refund (wasn't very big) and got a nice leather recliner on sale for his new "Man Cave" in the den. It'll be ready for pickup on Saturday. Also stopped off and had his neck chain repaired, got a few things for Caramel Apple Crepes for Sunday morning's coffee w/ our friends, and stopped at Lowe's too. Then tried to fit all the stuff into the house. Man, did we get a lot of stuff - TP, Bounty, Kleenex, a huge bottle of Lemon Pine Sol, a case of Ramen Noodles (DH loves the crap and we use the noodles in recipes w/o the broth), 3 cases of canned veggies, 2 cases and a big bag of kitty food, Good Seasons Italian, a big box of cereal, onions, garlic, celery, lemons, a pineapple, 2 tubs of crab meat (DH is going to make crab cakes), 3 bottles of vitamins, garbage bags, 2 boxes of zip lock bags, deodorant, and a turkey breast. Whew!

Tomorrow, I"m calling the contractor for the addition on the house.

Stopped at B&N and looked at the Consumer Reports magazine. I'll be doing some research online - they had an article this month for cable and internet services. If I find something worthwhile, those nasty Comcast people will be outta here!

Still didn't walk, but I think with all that shopping and lifting of stuff, I got some exercise in.

Gotta run, see my friends at OOH, then start researching.

hugs, all.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Hello all, finished the big day bootcamp one, barely, just not too with it today.

MIL is in the hospital--went in yesterday [twice!-the second time they admitted her] so things are a messed up around here. They don't know what is wrong, but she is 87 and has a pacemaker. We're going up tonight again but she said she might go home tomorrow-we'll see. I think she needs some rest. She just had 2 "kids" come up and they went to her visit her sisters in near Philadelphia, did some sightseeing of the old neighborhoods, etc. I don't know, she's in really good shape, she'd fit right in on here, has her 5lb weights, does yoga, walks, etc.

Have a good ROTD everyone, stay safe.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good thoughts coming to you and your family, fuzz.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Sounds like she's in good shape. Hope they find out what the problem is and she gets released. I'm hoping she's just tired and needs some rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals