Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:07 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times

Advertisements

^^^^

Thanks for updating me. You have some great animals. I have a pug named Niki who is my little buddy...as goofy as she is, lol.

Pink Panther is a a beauty. Gus is pretty cute too.

Wow..that was quite a move. Do you have family where you moved to? Congrats on your new place I love wide open spaces. We have 38.5 acres but still some of the neighbors seem too close

We have cows on our land but no horses. Hubby and I just took our granddaughter to ride her first pony..well a half a pony BTW, this is her...check out that smile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
I'm loving all these pictures.

Lisa, what part of Tn. are you in? I used to live in Knoxville and Maryville.

Sorry to hear about Hayley. RIP dear one.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
LIsa, welcome! Now I get to chat with you even more...

Ate way too much. Mom got some NY Strips. Sis seasoned and grilled them...to absolute perfection. I made my Pattie's potatoes and a side salad I make w/'maters, onions, green peppers, celery and a sweet and sour vinaigrette.

We're headed off to NJ to visit my nephew tomorrow. Will be back Sunday. My A$$hole BIL is coming with us.

So sorry to hear about Hayley, Evey.

Sandy, hugs to you and your family.
Gotta run.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
lol, I don't have any pictures over here Lisa, me and photo bucket do not get along (believe me I have tried). If you are on facebook I am on there also and have my pictures!

Evey I am so sorry about Hayley, heck you do seem to be losing a few this year, don't remember you losing so many when you had your house there. AND I love the way you introduce yourself, yep that is our Shadow (Evey has to tell us about her or we get after her!).

Heck I have spent the last few hours watching tv, we have a live drama going on here! Guy murdered his girlfriend, his daughter and someone else in the house, drove over to her landlords house (these are all in middle class neighborhoods too not the inner city) and murdered 4 more people, drove away, got spotted, started a high speed race on the freeway (shooting at police while driving), crashed off the freeway, got away on foot, holded himself in an apartment or home that he kicked his way in, now I guess negotiations are being done over the phone. Honest gals this area is pretty squeeky clean, if police have a high speed race on the freeway it is big news (GR is the exact opposite of Detroit). Whew I can't believe this is happening in my home town. Saw on the news police are clearing out of the area, but news has no idea what is happening now.

Anyway see what I get interested in when I don't have a job!!!!

Oh Lisa I love the picture of your grandaughter on her pony ride!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM

I'll try to give you the Readers DIgest version.

GOt up at 3 yesterday a.m., left for the airport at 4:15, arrived at 5, first plane left at 6. Changed planes in Atlanta then Albany.

The plane in Albany was a 10 seater, which included one each for the pilot and co-pilot. There were a total of 3 of us on it - me, another lady, Ann, and the pilot, Brian. I used to fly in private planes when I went on business trips for a former employer, and the last time I flew in a small Cessna like that was about 30 years ago for that co. I used to love flying till 9/11 happened, then all the precautions and nonsense we have to go to be safe these days really ruined it for me.

Well, we got on the Cessna and soared into the clouds and I was a kid again. I was grinning ear to ear, just enjoying the view and the sensation of being in the clouds ("Nearer My God to Thee"). I thought about asking Brian if I could join him, but I didn't want to disturb him or the plane in mid flight. We got about 30 miles from our destination (Ogdensburg) when he told us he was turning the plane around and going back to Albany because of the gathering storms in the Ogd. area. I thought he was joking at first, but back we went.

Ann and I went and had a beer and a burger at the airport, then sat around for several more hours, waiting to find out what was going to happen. Finally, at 7, they told us we were going to leave. Mind you, we were supposed to have arrived home at 3:30.

When we boarded, I just said to Brian (the 3 of us had become rather close by now, since we'd spent most of the day together, along with the rest of the Cape Air crew and some soldiers who were returning from Iran, along with a new recruit who was going to his first assignment at Ft. Drum), "So... ya need a co-pilot???" well, he told me to sit right down! I promised I wouldn't touch anything and he said he appreciated that, so I sat on my hands the entire flight. But, man, was I having a ball. I watched all the instruments, learned about a few of them, he explained the radar and what good weather vs. bad weather looked like. He was very nice (and not too bad looking, either!).

When we landed in Ogd., I asked if he'd be flying on the 16th and he thought he would. He told me I could co-pilot again if he was and I asked if he'd let me fly the plane. By then, he'd caught onto my sarcastic humor and told me he'd be sure to let me land it, too.

Oh, my mother and sister saw me in the co-pilot's seat!

So that's my story.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM

PS - Sandy, yes, he was handsome! A bit young, but I overlooked that part!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Oh, my mother and sister saw me in the co-pilot's seat!

So that's my story.
I bet they about schit!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 AM

They couldn't believe it - mom said, "Pattie's up front with the pilot!" Laurie said, "No way!"

Old 07-08-2011, 04:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
lol pattie they would of had to tie my hands to keep me from helping to fly the plane

Lisa your granddaughter is adorable !!

Had a nice chat with CD last night (lisa CD is my boss)
He has spent the last 4 days with his godson who is 5 and lost his dad,CD's cousin, in a terrible accident a month ago.
He said they had so much fun but the little guy was a bundle of energy and I think it wore CD out lol

He also said the way negotiations are going with work he might be get a "call" next week while he is in LA to drop what he is doing and fly out
lol I guess that means I am on call too to change his flights

Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
OH Pattie how fun and exciting. Me I am afraid of heights but with my xanax I think I could have enjoyed the ride. Lol, I can just see your Mom with the smile on her face (that would be my Morgan asking to fly in co-pilot seat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals