Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

The one forecast says we have a 40% chance of rain so I am going to go in the backyard and do the rain dance to increase our chances !!!

Heading to breakfast in a bit with a stop at Home Depot. Hubby wants to see if they have a small metal wall cabinet that he can hang on the wall to keep his woodworking finishes in. It seems these are kinda flammable and they would be safer there

There was something I needed to pick up but for the life of me I can't remember

Not sure what else today will hold but I am sure some fun opportunity will present itself

Whats going on for you all today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Aaahhhhh!! It is cool & crisp here this morning, currently 55 and breezy. On the way to the low 70's this afternoon. It is so nice to have the house open.

Shadow has not gotten up yet so I am enjoying a nice cup of tea. I am meeting some friends at the barn at 9 to hunt mousies and ride our horses. Horse show is 2 weeks from yesterday......

Later will be time to plop on the couch for the race.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 AM

lol Your up early Evey !!! I am jealous over your 55 & breezy Sounds like perfect horse riding weather

Old 06-12-2011, 05:06 AM

Here are a couple pictures of hubbys latest project

This is the "curved side"

Finish being applied

This is going to go around the irrigation well pump

Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
LOL! House open = kitties up at the a s s crack of dawn. Shadow is the only one still in bed.

It is perfect weather to hike the acreage and ride. I rode one day last week and was pretty sure I was going to pass out from the heat by the time I was done, and I got to the barn at 7:30 in the morning. Interesting weather this year, to be sure.

Nice privacy screen!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Morning!

Love the privacy screen! Pictures when it is in place please.

Yep Evey cooler temperatures hit Michigan this weekend too. Not supposed to get above the high 70's next week, real strange weather this year and wet too. I thought the cotton tree was done with it's shedding, but last night in the wind it began again, must be some balls hanging up on top that I cannot see.

Had a nice visit with my sister yesterday, she stayed for a couple of hours. Poor thing had to walk in the Rockford Start of Summer parade for the bank she works at and got a wee bit damp in the early hours. She was complaining when she got here but she is almost got enough volunteer time in to have a full day off work

We are visiting Kim and family this afternoon, Jesse is grilling steaks (can you tell they know Bob likes steak?) and we are having lettuce from their garden

Gotta get and finish a few loads of laundry and hop up to the store for milk for the kiddo's. Have a wonderful day all.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Lettuce from their garden? Already? Wow, that is so cool. I have some banana peppers getting ripe, big whoop. I told my husband banana peppers are like the appendix of vegetables. They have no real purpose, and if they are in something, it doesn't make any difference if you take them out.

Did a new ab workout this morning and a quick hip-hop body shop cardio one, so I am done with that for today.

Thanks for letting me know about those cards, Karla, I was kind of wondering. Oh and I agree, that is a beautiful screen he's making.

Have a good day all.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Karla, Tell DH I said his project is gorgeous and I'll be placing my order soon.

Connie, I agree. banana peppers - eh.

Sandy, I wanted steak or roast for our anniversary dinner. We had ham. Oh, well. Right now there's a nice batch of scalloped taters w/ham in the oven. Man, does it smell gooooooooo-ood.

Evey, those temps sound pretty good right now. I think it's been about a month since we've seen anything lower than 90 during the day, 70 at night.

Talked to mom this a.m. Seems she's planning a mini-trip while I'm up north - either to Maine to visit lighthouses or NJ to visit my nephew at his new place. Not really up to that, but if that's what she wants...

Got a lot done on the baby afghan I'm taking up with me. I'm no longer panicked that it won't be ready.

OK...off to visit OOH. Have a great night, all.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:06 AM

Hubby says thanks for the nice comments on his screen 1 more coat and he can install it

Well again we got no rain
I spent a few hours outside planting a couple new plants & weeding
When you are so hot that you start to get the chills it is pretty much time to come in

I took a nice cool shower to bring my body temp down

pretty much relaxed the rest of the day hubby watched baseball I read a book

Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Yes Connie, they planted red leaf lettuce and it is beautiful and oh so very tasty!

Karla one thing I do not miss about the south is when it gets that hot, it is too hard to stay out for any length of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals