Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
ok I am back on track got up at 5

Here is todays "what crazy thing will Karla think of next" challenge.

Put on your favorite song and dance around to it

This will give everyone a quick aerobic workout and maybe even highly entertain others in the house.
Come on you can do it
Now let me go find my ABBA CDs

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 05:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Morning all, good to see you up Karla we look to you as our early riser!

Short walk done with Cassy this morning, pool skimmed and chemicals added for sweet comfort this afternoon. I see another day with hand exercises as I continue reading. I'm almost done with the Harry Potter series for the second time, and eagerly awaiting the final book.

Tet, I am originally from MI. You will enjoy the summers up in WI, but I warn you the winters can be wicked.

Here is to a wonderful Sunday everyone (raise coffee cup up in toast to the exercise group).

Old 06-10-2007, 07:27 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Come on you can do it
Now let me go find my ABBA CDs
karla
How about Dancing Queen? I love that one...

Ok, since my brother is having his "gradation party" today, and since I totally forgot all about it until this morning, there will probably be no walk for me today...
But, I'll be dancing through the night, so I guess there will be something done about the restlessness within me that otherwise will drive everyone crazy...

Nope, no change in weather...Where is my rain???!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,034,254 times
I walked 3 miles today, early, before it reached 90 something here. Beautiful day. I dance around a lot, look pretty dorky, but it's fun. Have a great day everyone!!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
Oh, I love Dancing Queen too. I'll dance to that one. LOL

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music’s high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You’re in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You’re a teaser, you turn ’em on
Leave them burning and then you’re gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You’re in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

Walked little Chloe this morning and did my hand weights. No boat ride today though. The day is nice, we just waited to long to decide to go and now the lake is too crowded.

Does any of you guys live on the beach? I see a lot of Floridians on here and I've been wondering?

Old 06-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, all. Just got back from Old Forge. Had a great weekend - our friends are always a blast - weather was beautiful. The bad news? Got home to find a note on the door that my neighbor/friend who was supposed to feed our cats locked both portions of the door (bolt and doorknob) and she had no key for the doorknob, since we don't lock that part. Cats hadn't eaten since Friday night, other than the big bowl of dry stuff. Luckily, there was lots of water and they managed fine. What ticks us off is that the sign from the realtor that says "DO NOT LOCK BOTTOM LOCK" is still right above the doorknob. GGRRRR.... How do I not kill her when she gives back my key??? I know, I know. She's human and made a mistake. It's just that they're our furkids and we hate to see anything bad happen to them. I'll get over it.

Missed you all over the weekend. I see dreameyes has karla singing now! We're going to have to start a singing thread soon!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Howdy all.

Having a lazy day today. Managed to keep my dogs out of the river this morning. I'm contemplating going jumping in it myself, since the weather is glorious and warm.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:35 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
roma we are 12 miles form the beach.

I like the "knowing me knowing you " because you get to go ahuuhhh

it is so hot here
and for all of your old match game fans
"How hot is it" !!!

The weater channel thing says 97 with a heat index of 101. the humidity is only 35%
I went out and hand watered the 2 front beds of impaitents and in 10 mins I was soaked.

My sister called they are 45 mins away I told scout "your mama is on her way your going home" When I out her leash in the bag she got all excited thinking she was going for a walk lol not in this heat .

They say we have a chance of thunderstoms and rain later
Maybe I should be doing a rain dance

nms welcome back I am glad your "kids" are ok . I hate stupid people

sweden have fun tonite

tet tea you don't live near where the tornados were in WI do you

cassy I finished my hand exercises yesterday when I finished my book nothign like a good summer chick book
tasmtairy wow it is as hot where you are as it is here .

everyone keep dancing

karla

Old 06-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
I really should be doing some dancing. All we did all weekend was eat and drink and then eat some more. **cheeks puffed out**

Looks like I'm heading to FL around 7/21, depending on the movers. My last day of work will be Friday the 13th. Is that appropriate or what?? I have to call the gym, see if I can work out a half month's membership for July. Think they'll do it?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,379,295 times
I survived salsa club dancing last night, which ended at around 2 am so technically that counts as dancing today, right? Didn't crush anyone's toes, had a good time, so that counts as a success.

Today was perfect for a mountain bike ride up into the local mountains. Didn't get going till almost 10 am, very late start for me, but luckily the cool breeze was still blowing inland from the ocean to keep the temperature in the 70s most of the time. This ride was about 9 miles each way. The ride starts fairly tame for the first 3 miles, then tough switchbacks and uphill grinding for the next 3 miles, and the last 3 miles are a mix of tough and mild uphills. Took about 1 hr 15 minutes for the 9 mile outbound ride, and just over 40 minutes for the mostly downhill ride back to the start. I just installed new brakes on the mtn bike, so was pleased they were working great. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, see you Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals