Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times

Advertisements

But I think Karla could give it a try, it will be obvious right away if it's too much stress and you can always scale it back.

Today I did a 20 minute cardio/weights one I have that is soooo hard. Dang, I wish they would find something to put on cable to replace exercise tv. It looks as if some of the other companies have found replacements. Maybe they are lame, but anything is better than nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Well..I got my arm exercise today. I used the post hole digger and dug a hole. Although it was easy digging. I did lug some wood down to the house and I painted

Hubby and I got the new wind generator installed....now C'mon wind

Old 01-19-2012, 04:41 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
Hi! Going to go take a walk now. Didn't go up and down the stairs so much today. 2x maybe 3.
I do want to add something more eventually, I am just trying to sort out my new routine and I still have a lot to juggle. My Dad is elderly with Parkinsons and lives around the corner from me. He has fulltime care, but my sis and I share some of the responsibilites that come with having an elderly parent. I've been in charge of grocery shopping lately. I may pass that back to my sis to do, soon.

I will be better about catching up with y'all eventually. My attention span is just so short and all over the place lately, so I'm not reading as much as I should. Have a great rest of the evening and a great morning tomorrow!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
You, too L4A12. It's not easy taking care of a loved one.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Lisa - as soon as the buyer comes up tomorrow and signs the papers, I think we start dealing with our new realtor which will make things go a lot smoother. I like our new realtor.

Sandy - Lexi is almost 10 months old. She's grown quite a bit since I posted that picture when she was a tiny puppy. When we had her spayed in September, she weighed close to 25 pounds.
I know what you mean on renting and dogs but I have a neighbor about 3 blocks from us that has her house for sale and she's in a hurry to move back to Idaho so it looks like we will probably rent from her. She loves dogs and has no problem with them.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Glad to hear that Cheryl! Oh my gosh Lexi is almost a year old, oh my!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning ladies
Yay on the house Cheryl !!!
I am sorry your old Realtor is being a "butt-head" thats how the buyers Realtor was for CD's house
Yay on being able to rent the neighbor's house it sounds like a win-win situation for you both

Pattie I think it is great how many miles you are up to. I can't remember the last time I was on a bike that wasn't attached to a stand.
If you add that 2 or 3 times a week I bet you won't get as winded
Do you have a bell on the bike I always wanted a bike with a bell !!

Lisa Is your wind generator like those big ones I have seen pictures of? I think they are so cool I did see one when I was up in NE on our cruise. I could just sit and watch them it is amazing who they look like they are turning slowly but it produces power

Sandy I noticed that the stores here have the winter stuff on clearance and a lot of spring clothes are out especially shoes
I did manage to find a pair of grey slacks,2 black tops and 2 pair of shoes

I will get the BA fan out and send some of our warmth your way

Connie yup I got "nixed" on the kickboxing
I stopped at this personal training place that is right up the street
It is a little more expensive that the place my friend goes but 20 mins closer
This place is $60 and hour and the other place $35 an hour

When I asked about the kickboxing & my RC surgery she said it would be awhile before I was ready for that
She said what a lot of folks do is buy the hour of training then split it into 2 1/2 hour sessions
How it works is you get there a little early to warm up then your 30 min session starts they work out with you on the equipment & weights for the 30 mins then you do your cardio. so the warm up & cardio are not "on the clock"
I think the other place that charges the $35 includes the warmup & cardio in that hour
So it looks like it works out to be the same price if I was to do the 30 mins
When I get back from TX I may buy 1 hour and split it in 2 to see if I like it

I may not like the personal training thing

Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Karla, I would kill for a Personal Trainer. It's a lot like your physical therapy person, tho, so you may have had enough of that for a while. When I started at the gym up north, the newbies were "given" 1 hour free w/a trainer. I did the break it up into 2 sessions thing. It really was a big help, taught me how to use the machines safely.

LOL... Yeh, I have a great bell. If anybody gets in my way, I yell "DING DING DING!"

Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Pattie you brought up a great point it may be to similar after all the letters are the same too

and P-Therapy was beginning to feel like a job

lol on the "ding ding"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals