Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

wow I don't think my friend & I have done a girls day in months

We are going to go to the mall because it is a tad to chilly for the outside mall
I have the heat on because it is 45 out there

I have the candle returns that I keep forgetting to take back
then I think we are going to walk the whole mall a couple times for exercise

Work stuff this afternoon we have a couple big catering orders this weekend
so I need to make sure they stuff will be in

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 06:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning. Just stopping in to say hi.

I have gained some weight but I have been on the treadmill for an hour each day. Some day I will have Karla's and Pattie's will power.

Thank you Sandy for sending good thoughts to my pug a lug, Niki. I guess Patty mentioned it. Niki has a herniated disc and I have to keep her very calm and on medicine for about 2 weeks. The vet is optimistic and I hope he is right. Otherwise it means surgery.

Have a great day and enjoy your girls day Karla.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Thanks, Lisa! Nice to see you back. I did a good 4 miles today, probably a little more than that. It's so nice being able to walk when the sun's shining. Did 9 20-sec. intervals.

Most of my stuff is done for today. Had my annual GYN appt. this a.m. Talked to her about the new guidelines about pap test frequencies and we decided I'd be a good candidate for every other year instead of annually. Yay! Schedule my mammo which, because of certain issues, I will continue annually. I'm also scheduled for a bone density test because I'm no longer on HRT. I can live with that.

Stopped and picked up some stuff at Lowes for hubby, then made my final paymt. on the cruise, then stopped at Hallmark where I picked up 3 b'day cards, one wedding card and one retirement. Also our Christmas cards. I had coupons, so I got a decent deal.

Came home and made a beef stew which is in the crock pot as we speak.

Have a good one, everybody!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Today I did that power walking workout again. It just amazes me that I have "power walked" a mile in that short of a time, with all of the strength exercises factored in, too.

Have a nice rest of your day, all.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 AM

Morning ladies

Lisa it is nice to see you, sending lots of healing thoughts for Nikki
I know it is hard keeping them calm You might want to ask the vet about a low dose of Valium. We use ti during thunderstorms

Pattie you had a very productive day I bet your getting excited about the cruise

Connie I don't have as busy of a day today so I will probably be able to give that work out a try

G.D. was fun I finally got he candles exchanged. Thats the one thing I really like about yankee candle if you don't like the scent after trying they will exchange it with no questions

Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning. Just stopping in to say hi.

I have gained some weight but I have been on the treadmill for an hour each day. Some day I will have Karla's and Pattie's will power.

Thank you Sandy for sending good thoughts to my pug a lug, Niki. I guess Patty mentioned it. Niki has a herniated disc and I have to keep her very calm and on medicine for about 2 weeks. The vet is optimistic and I hope he is right. Otherwise it means surgery.

Have a great day and enjoy your girls day Karla.
No Lisa I was missing you and wondering how you were, no new updates on your house thread and surprise, up popped your name on the OOH thread, so I read back a few and saw that Niki had a herniated disc.

I had an old dog that had one, he was much improved within 2 weeks with medication and rest. Niki will do well, being a pug they love their rest

Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 AM

Karla, I'm focused on my trip north first, then I can get excited about the cruise.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning!!

I like scented candles. What kind did you get Karla?

Karla-Hopefully Niki won't need the valium. She had more trouble slipping on our hard floors. I think that may be how she hurt herself. She gets very excited when the grandkids come over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
No Lisa I was missing you and wondering how you were, no new updates on your house thread and surprise, up popped your name on the OOH thread, so I read back a few and saw that Niki had a herniated disc.

I had an old dog that had one, he was much improved within 2 weeks with medication and rest. Niki will do well, being a pug they love their rest
Thank you. I hope you are right.

I did write a cow story
//www.city-data.com/forum/26694328-post2619.html

Patty-Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost here? When do you leave for NY?

I'm off to do the treadmill while reading my new Michael Connelly book Large Print, lol.

Have a great weekend.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 AM

I leave the day before T'giving...11/21.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 AM

Lisa there are little booties you can put on her paws that have rubber traction strips on the bottom. It helps stop the slipping on the floors

Pattie are you still a "surprise" for everyone up north ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals