Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

ok so before going to bed last night I mention to hubby "it is suppose to go down to 43 tonight , so if the house is chilly when you get up turn the heat on"

Well when he woke me at 6, I thought hmm where am I florida" tee hee

"Bless his heart" he not only turned the heat on but had it up to 74 ( i normally keep the heat at 70 maybe 71)

So it was quite dry and a tad toasty.

lol he said the house was 68 so he wanted to take the chill off

ok back on topic now

I think my walking today will be done in the mall
yeah lol I am still trying to get there.

what are you going to do today

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,147 times
Don't know what I will do today. Maybe get out of the house while cleaning gal here. Usually if I am home I clean with her. Still need to put the lawn furniture away. Funny....those teenage boys of mine haven't done it like I asked....go figure

Curling league started last night so at least I get some guarenteed exercise Wed nights. Our team didn't have a match, but we practiced some slides....got a few lunges in there

Old 11-08-2007, 07:15 AM

I have to move the gas grill from the garage to the back patio I cleared a spot over the weekend lol I think I am going to roll it out of the garage and through the house, it doesn't roll well in the grass.
it probably would be easier if the gas bottle was off but I have no idea how to do that.

missmouse do you every slide and fall down on the ice , from the few times I have seen curling on TV I have always wondered how they stay on their feet

Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,147 times
Yes, you fall down and everyone laughs. Everyone does it. You wear one slider shoe that has a teflon bottom and one rubber soled shoe when you are throwing your rock. Most people cover the slider when they are sweeping.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 AM

hmmm teflon on your shoe and ice I bet I would have tons of up close and personal contact with the ice

Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
I've already done some walking to do some errands for my father who is away all week.

I also burned some calories when I thought about my mother-in-law who gives us lots of trouble with our kid. I visited her this morning after my walk and had to do a lot of meditating during my visit...

Will go to my classes in half and hour - only sitting there . I'll be back at 8:30 or 8:45 p.m. (hopefully), I guess I won't be up to more exercises then...

Take care!
Diana

Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Well, it's sunny and chilly here. I think I'm going to need a crowbar to get my poor old dog off her bed for her walk. She's currently snoring!

I've been chopping and cooking most of the morning. Lets see ... quiche, spaghetti sauce, spuds (ready for cooking then mashing), green bean casserole and a vegetarian chilly. The hubster works second shift so it's easy to make in bulk and then refridgerate. I actually enjoy it!

missmousern ... I so want to have a go at curling. I love watching it on TV. In Germany the locals would get together on a weekend and curl on the frozen pond. Bit different from the rink but it looked like a blast. I can guarantee I'd spend most of my time flat on my bum or face ... same difference!

miguelsmom ... I use the drift off factor with the MIL.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:08 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning Peeps!

Man, I can't even imagine needing to call my dog for her walk. We have walked already this morning, and she is now outside sitting by my bike (apparently I should be taking the hint). I imagine we will ride here soon.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, all.

Did about 20-25 min. on the bike. Against the wind. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Karla, DH refuses to turn on the heat, but sits there and complains about how cold it is! And we only got down to 50. I feel like such a wuss. I used to tell the people who were in the south that they were crazy to be so cold when it was 50 degrees. Now I know what they meant! I guess when you're used to 90, 50 is darned cold! Oh, well. Enough bee-itching for today.

Enjoy the day, all. Oh, hey, Tet....I'd be happy to test your hubby's dinners for him. Gotta make sure they taste good, you know!

And missmouse...your thighs must get quite the workout with that curling. It does look like fun.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
*panting from exertion* O.K., dog began to whine outside, so I took her for a bike ride. Unbelievably, she dragged me along the whole way. Nothing quite like pedaling to keep up with your wild dog who is on a leash in front of your trike and steer at the same time. I am going to be sore tomorrow, I can just tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals