Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

I have been out for a mile walk and back already. It is heating up out there. After I get my errands done I will begin on my seven minute exercise again. Honestly with it only taking up 7 minutes I should be able to do this even on a work day. SO.....today is the day I will begin all over again!

Karla, hope you got your e-mail issues taken care of. Thankfully, this has never happened to me!

Connie, hope you are feeling better today. Did you get the nausea patch?

Pattie, I keep thinking about how good you are to your neighbors. It reminded me of what one of my brother's friends said "we live in a retirement community, and this is what we do, take care of each other". More people need to be as attentive to their neighbors.

Gotta get. Bob is attempting to fix the spigot as I am typing this. NO the fix it guys did not fix it AGAIN! I am giving up and just learning to accept the poor service this place has. I am still in need of a dryer and want to get one this weekend so it has to get fixed in order to make room for the dryer (they sit side by side in our upstairs utility closet). So enough, I'm not going to complain again.

I hope you all have a good day. Beautiful here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Still having our hot and humid weather; it will probably last about another month, then maybe we'll see some progress.

It's true, Sandy. Lots of folks do look after each other here; then again, there are the few who just don't give a dam and won't help anyone out, then wonder why nobody calls or comes to see them.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:57 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
No, Sandy, Karla mentioned a nausea patch, but no one there did. The new stuff doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's like a mucus thing, all the draining but it's all thick now, so it's just accumulating and God it is horrible.

Just checking in. Slept most of the day. HA. Good for me.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Ick. No wonder you're nauseous.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 PM

Is this a common side effect Connie? Can they give you something, or lead you somewhere to help you out? Hugs.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Yes, it's common. My salivary glands slow way down and everything thickens. Plus my throat is raw/burned from the radiation. The skin on my neck is flaming hot, dark red. Anyway, the stuff yesterday cost us almost 90 bucks out-of-pocket and hasn't helped yet. One is anti-nausea, one's an antihistamine that is also anti-nausea and one is something to help push the feeding tube stuff along quicker, so it isn't sitting in my gut. She gave me another version of one of the anti-nause pills I already had, too.

Plus, there's an expectorant I'm taking AND pain medication. It is hard to keep track and keep up with all the stupid tube feedings--they want me doing it 5 times a day now. I couldn't tolerate the higher calorie ones. I don't know what to do now. Plus, I am on pain patches, and I'm thinking they might have to up that because the breakthru pain is happening just like if I wasn't on a patch.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Morning ladies
Got the email up and working there must of been a glitch in the cable company system

Sandy which 7 minute exercises do you use?

Pattie so glad to hear that you guys called and family is going to get involved

Connie If the new stuff isnt working return it. My next door neighbor has done it with meds and they have given her her out of pocket back.
How much longer is the radiation?

Sleeping is a good thing it will give your body a chance to recharge

Do you need more books?

Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Karla, glad the e-mail is fixed.

I do the 7 minute where there is jumping jacks, wall squats, leg thrust, steps, girl push ups, side bendy things, and for the 7th I do ab crunches. In between I do high knee running in place. It reminds me of Curves, which I did do for a few years back in NC. Last night I forced myself and made it through all of the 7 exercises. With the way I space them out I takes me more than 7 minutes tho because I run in place for 30 seconds between each set of exercise.

I'm with Karla, Connie ask for different meds if those are not working. AND you can call the pharmacutical companies and see if you can get the meds free, just tell them you can't afford the out of pocket. It's worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals