Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 11:19 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times

Advertisements

Stats: 58 and slim enough to be called skinny and be told "you don't have to worry about what you eat".
For the record, neither is a compliment. And i do worry or I'd be in the same weight category as 2/3 of all Americans.
I prefer to run because I'm lazy. It burns more calories than anything except swimming and I'm not comfortable being that undressed in public. Seems like too much work which is unappealing to my lazy side.
I've been in a rut lately and let my fitness level drop which means one thing for sure. My back is at risk for "going out". And not in the fun, clubbing sense of the word.
It went out once and I had an MRI. Old fashioned doc prescribed walking 3x weekly. I felt insulted. Then chagrined. He was right. If my back muscles stay strong my back won't go out. Which is to say that pesky disc won't bulge. I'm assuming its next feat would be to rupture. Mustn't have that.
I lost my old Teddy dog Wednesday. That deepened the rut I've been in as did having my purse stolen, but I digress.
Not long ago I helped rescue an elderly dog. I had 2 senior dogs that had been together nearly every day for 13 years. She fit right in. But older. Like a dinosaur.
I'm so thankful she's here with the loss of Ted. HOWEVER getting her in and out of the car for twice daily dog park runs has taken a toll on my poorly supported back.
Time to get back into it. Past time. I should have never gotten out of it.
So today I hiked a 3K course that skirts the golf course. To call it power walking would be an exaggeration. But almost!
It was nearly 100° but I had my hydration pack. I saw lots of dove, ravens, bunnies, a lizard and a road runner. And golfers. Lots of those.
I'm not overjoyed with my shoes. Too hot for the desert summer. It's so hard to find shoes that fit my long narrow feet. I'd welcome suggestions on that.
AOH is a nod to a FB group: Adventurers on Heels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 11:21 AM

Yesterday was down day. I went to a gathering that happens every Wednesday. The crazies. One guy in his 70s did pay off a hundred- mile last weekend. I think he only did 24 minutes. He's finished it in the past. Just wanted to beat one of his friends. 50&100 milers are nothing for this bunch. They're Hashers, too. I brought gluten-free vegan cookies made with sweet potato & cocoa. Omgoodness they were like fudge brownies. So good. I have to give stuff like that away.
Today was the 4K, 4000 meter, 4th of July Firecracker Run. I just hiked it - mostly power walking. Feels good to be doing it. One friend ran with his donkey. He's getting ready for the pack- burro races in Colorado at the end of the month. I intend to go. If you've never seen them you should Google it and watch some videos.
Happy 4th of July!

Old 07-04-2019, 11:24 PM

Sorry for the typos. My friend ran 24 miles of a 100 mile race.
Earthquake here today. I helped with emergency response. More stress calories. Earthquakes suck!

Old 07-07-2019, 07:13 PM

Oh no! I've worked a ton of overtime in support of this stupid earthquake disaster. I don't have the energy to work out!

Old 07-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Yesterday taking a nap during my first afternoon off this month felt like a vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals