Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

lol I am sooooo hungry this morning
I think it is because I actually cooked a big dinner last night.
lol I have this strange theory
If you eat a lot of food the night before it stretches your stomach so when you get up the next morning there is all this empty space that needs to be filled see doesn't that make perfect sense !!!!

Hang on all 3 dogs just got up and are loudly telling me they want out
ok back I think there must of been some sort of critter wandering around the yard last night because Lola had to sniff every inch of the yard.

Ok so todays plans include putting the guestroom back in order I had to move a bunch of things in order to get the desk out part of the desk was in the closet
lol so needless to say the bed is piled high

Can't do much more in the new office/library until we get the elliptical moved to the 3rd bedroom which I have no control over

Sigh I would really rather come hang out with you guys I can make a big looping road trip

So how is everyone feeling today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
G'morning, all.

Didn't sleep well again last night, so feeling a little "poopy". Don't worry - no attacks today. My friend arrived from up north last night, so I'll be seeing her and her DH sometime this morning. Can't wait!

Karla, c'mon down. You and Marty would get along great.

Getting the flu shot today. I swear by it.

That's the excitement in my life. How's everybody else doing? Evey? Any good news?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
Thank you for your dedication to this thread, ladies! I've been watching from afar, learning, listening (reading) and enjoying! K - you are one in a million for keeping this going!

I don't really enjoy exercise, in the sense of those words, but the results pay off, we know. So, I am dedicated to doing the best I can, to stay somewhat fit

A Curves member, I am, going on 2 years. Yesterday something new was pointed out to me by one of the trainers there. "Oh, the machines recognized you're doing very well, so 'they' upped your required reps on everything"
WHAT! Who are 'they' ?? Are there people in those machines? And, now that I've done well on the machines, keeping the green lights glowing steadily, I have to work harder? Does that seem right? I guess I never noticed it's become steadily more difficult.They TRICKED me!

In addition, I bike to Curves on my clunker beach bike, and bike around our little town with my group of lady friends quite often (some I went to grade school with). Aging gracefully, is not working for me. At 68 my schedule involves running a business, flying around the state, and plenty of fun, so there's no time for the spa or a makeover, nor an interest. At any rate, I enjoy your posts, ideas, and light hearted attitudes!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Finally!!!!!!! I haven't been able to stay on the site the last few days. I could get on then "poof" it shut down!

Had a pretty busy weekend ... Cub Scout camp, gun range, more Cub Scout stuff then I threw my back out! Ouch! Thankfully I got a lot walking in over the weekend. Now I'm taking it easy since I don't want to make things worse.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Karla, you're more than welcome at my home.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:04 AM

welcome, rdlr. I started out at Curves and enjoyed it, but the machines at our branch didn't do that, so I went to a gym after a couple of years. I'm on haitus now, thanks to a torn rotator cuff, but hope to be back in a couple of months. You'll enjoy our group and we're glad you're here with us.

Hey, Tet...take care of that back, ok?? Hope you feel better.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Sorry for the late update, we have been having some internet connectivity issues here. The house passed inspection! It is an 85 year old house, so naturally there were a few things but no deal breakers. I am waiting to hear from my agent, but I think we close on Monday. My husband has decided to join me for closing, and to help paint (I have 2 purple bedrooms and one very badly done 2 stage navy bedroom to hide!) and to fix the few minor things with the plumbing. He better help unload, too.

It was warm & humid here this morning. Naturally Shadow wanted to take a big walk. Yesterday she caught what was either a very large mouse or a very small rat out in what used to be the soybean field. We had to investigate every inch of that field this morning to see what we might find. What we found was a groundhog hole. I love watching big dogs try to crawl into small holes!

Not much else going on today.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Yay, Evey! Can I uncross everything now???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yay, Evey! Can I uncross everything now???
Not until after closing, please!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Yea!!!!The house passed inspection.
Tet, hope your back gets better soon. This seems to be the week we've all thrown out our backs, ankles, shoulders and whatever else.
Welcome to the forum rdlr. You're not my mom are you? Just kidding. She's also 68 and is a memeber of Curves.
Rainy day here again. Don't mind the rain but the dogs get rowdy for not walking.
Linedancing day today for me. I think I'm going to wrap my ankle and give it my best shot. Not sure why it's still swollen because it doesn't hurt much.
Days like this, I just want to curl up and stay in all day and it's supposed to be rainy and gloomy for the next 3 days.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
An 85 year old house that passes inspection-boy they don't make them like they used to. Congratulations!

Today I did a bit over thirty minutes, abs, abc, some other stuff.

I still can't get over Obama being in our neighborhood Sunday-and we were totally oblivious. All I can say is our Block Watch stinks! Never heard a peep about anything big happening. Today he dropped in on the downtown Y, played some b-ball and worked out, then off he went to another...surprise location, I guess! This is about as bizarre as McCain picking Sarah Palin-what? who? where?????

Happy Tuesday, everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals