Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday !!

I am so hoping that Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow so that you all in the "tundra areas" will have a early spring !!!

They are calling for 50% chance of ran today here in NEFL with a high of 64

Good day for inside cleaning and then some ellipticaling

So what fun things are on your schedule for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
The little bugger didn't see his shadow, if the negative temps and falling snow are anything to go by!

Had a rough night thanks in part to a quiffy tummy, and the effects of the hubster having a few beers while watching the Superbowl! I wanted to stuff a pair of socks in his fog horn!

Anyhoo, I am going to bundle up and take myself on a brisk walk around the neighborhood. I am in the mood to get somewhere instead of being stationary in the gym! It should do the trick on lightening my mood and opening my slits for eyes.

Hope everyone has wonderful Monday!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Sometimes a good walk is what the doctor ordered, Tet. Enjoy the nature around - that seems to help me.

Karla, glad to hear the party went well. Sorry I didn't get there, but my golf cart didn't have enough of a charge on it. I like that velveeta dip your hubby made. My sister makes it sometimes.

This is "ant season" down here. DH had a couple of snacks during the night and left the dishes in the sink. Even tho he rinsed them, the ants were having their own Super Bowl party when I got up this morning. Man, oh, man. I think they actually carried away a couple of dishes before I got there. Why can't he just slip them into the dishwasher? I don't get it. He must not have slept much last night - I can still hear his "fog horn" (as Tet calls it) from here!

Rainy day here today. That's ok. we need it. So we didn't make it to the gym this morning.

Going to Ruby Tuesdays with my friend Marty and her hubby. It's always a chore getting hubster to go to these things, but somehow, he manages to have a good time. Men.

Evey, have you put yours on a plane yet???

Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Evey, have you put yours on a plane yet???
I almost put his sorry behind on a plane at 1:30 this morning. Plumbing makes him very cranky and he likes to share the misery. He is still cussing & yelling. I am hoping to have water in about an hour.......

Shadow & I headed out to the barn very early this morning to meet with the holistic vet to discuss a couple of the horses that I work on. Shadow was too totally wild and tore around the farm like a crazy thing. The is now passed out on the couch.

Oh, and Pattie, it is always ant season down there where you are. I recommend the Terro liquid baits, they work the best.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Oh what a game! Got so excited I almost woke up my dh.

Anyway, today I did one called a 2 minute cardio-quickie, ah yes, I vaguely remember those days! And a new one for abs, and a pilates and cardio one but only did part of that. They got into a set with the big elastic band and I don't have one, nor have I fabricated one yet.

I didn't know it was Groundhog day...huh.

Happy Groundhog Day, everone!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
fuzzy you can get the bands at Dicks sporting goods but look for the "generic" brand I think I got mine for less than $20 for a 3 pack

um lol evey I think I changed my mind on having him come visit we already have enough cranky dogs at 1:30 am so the schedule is full

tet hmmm I haven't tried the sock trick yet !!!!

Pattie where they ghost ants ? little teeny tiny ones ?
I have also heard that they wont cross lemon juice or a chalk line.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the tip, Evey. I've used them in the past, but we can't find a place to put them where the cats can't get to them. They think the bait traps are toys. Not good to have kitties playing around w/poison. Somehow, they seem to get into the dishwasher. I have no clue how they're doing it. The sink is the other favorite spot. If I don't wipe up the countertops after supper, they find things I can't even see. It's amazing. Karla, they are little teeny tiny ones, but I don't know if they're "ghost ants". We have the outside of the house sprayed every other month, and the guy said not to let bushes and stuff touch the house, so we did cut back our front bushes. It's the dry season when we have the problem. They come in looking for water I've been told. I hate the stupid things.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Pattie, take the kick plate off the front of the dishwasher & put the trap there.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Good idea, Evey. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Happy evening all, kinda late tonight because I always watch 24 and then CSI.
I did find time to try belly dancing tonight! LOL I was quite the sight, but if I didn't throw out my back I think I will do it again tomorrow.
Wishing all a good night!
Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals