Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Firs I want to send out a special thank you to Fuzzy's son our adopted nephew Billy who is over in Iraq and to all of our exercise family who has or has had family that served in the military !!!

My BIL stopped by around 9 last night to pick up Scout
He had spent the day deep sea fishing which was part of the activities for my nephews bachelor party weekend

He brought hubby some fresh caught fish fillets, they are either red snapper or cobia , lol you know me and fish

He said they had a great weekend though he was worn out there were 18 of my nephews friends there

I know Scout had a great visit but boy was she glad to see her dad!!! she ran out and jumped right in the car lol

So today we are running to home depot lol the list has gotten longer because we decided that it was time to replace the blinds in the familyroom & breakfast nook I take them down and wash them in bleach water twice a year and after 8 years I guess the bleach was starting to take it's toll they are not working as smoothly

yikes lol that means we have to take the 4-runner
ok mental note do not wear any dark colors or the lola & ralph fur in the 4- runner will be all over me

So thats about all I have planned for today

remember kids it is a holiday so try and relax and use your free day off pass !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Happy Memorial Day, all. Aren't we lucky to live in this nation and that so many have given so much for us to be able to enjoy our freedom. Just my observation for today.

Just came in from my weeding/deadheading chore. I'll be so glad when I can hand the trowel back to the hubster on Thursday morning. He's coming home Wednesday at 4:30, but that'll be too late;; I'll give him a chance to relax for a bit before I put him back to work.

Karla, thanks for the tip of using a b/a screwdriver for pulling up weeds. I've done that for years. Oh, and they're good for pulling carrots, too. But these weeds are so small (at least for now) that there's not enough weed to do it. Oh, well. The sea grape still has bugs, even after 3 applications of ivory dish detergent/water. Headed to Home Depot shortly to find something to get rid of the stupid things. And, as I'm sitting here, I'm seeing something crawling all over an indoor plant. Man, oh man!

Today, I have to do my online banking. I put it off all the time, but I don't know why. It's not a big deal.

That and a pool visit are on today's schedule. How about everyone else?

Have a great day.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
We are going to try to have a picnic at Oak Mountain today. Cassy will enjoy herself out there too, lots of smells to sniff out. Depends on the weather forecast, yesterday it cleared out of here early in the day and broke up before hitting our area, hope today will bring that same thing.
I second your wish Patti, God Bless all of our service men and women, and yes, we are very blessed to live in our wonderful country. I put my flags out yesterday and always say a little to my father when I do this along with saying an extra prayer for our armed services and their safety.
Well all, enjoy your day.
Sandy

Old 05-25-2009, 08:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Thank you to all of our military personnel around the world.

It has finally cooled off a little here and we all slept in this morning. Shadow, Mickey & I have been for a short walk. The wind is blowing and Mickey was not really wanting to be out there so Shadow cut it short. If the rain holds off we will take a better walk after the race (postponed from last night due to rain).

Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Just got back from HD. I brought one of the leaves from the plant that's infested and, yes, gang, it is aphids. SOB's. They gave me some Bayer stuff you attach to your garden hose so I came home and sprayed the bejaysus out of them. That is, after I stopped at the Bealls sale and got some bras and a pair of shorts and a casual dress for hangin' out at the house in.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:50 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
hey all

Sounds like you all had a great day
Pattie I don't know why I didn't think of aphid
I am really surprised the ivory soap didn't work on them you must have some really super duper aphids !!!

Well the new blinds up it was so easy because they fit right in the old brackets !!

Ok so I thought for the last 2 days that I was getting sick then I thought maybe allergies , so I took some benydril and I am leaning back towards allergies because it made me feel a little better

Have to be all better because tomorrow night is another Jax forum pizza party !!
this time it is even more special because tek freak ( he hangs out in the question 0 the day) and his wife are here in Jax so they will be joining us
You don't know how bad I wish all of you lived near here so you could join us

I invited them to stop here first so lol that means I really really have to mow the lawn, especially the back, tomorrow morning

Well I feel the stuff kicking in lol I won't be taking this stuff during the day
So I am going to head off to bed in a bit
see you all tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals