Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone Happy November !!!!!

lol You know that song has been going through my head since yesterday

So of course I woke up at my usual time of 6 which meant it was 5 so much for the extra hour of sleep

I turned the clocks in the kitchen & bedroom back last night so now I just have the other hanging clock around the house for hubby to do
lol the master bath clock is now right since it never "sprang forward"

So today
hmmm well it is only suppose to hit 78 10 degrees cooler than yesterday
So I guess it will be yardwork day before we sit down to watch football then later on the WS

I am gearing up for my fresh start tomorrow !!! I already told hubby we are going to cut back on the snacks and try to eat more of a normal schedule of breakfast lunch and dinner, instead of grabbing a handful of crackers and calling that a meal

So what is everyones plans for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 AM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
Yoga at 10:00. Clean the house for the rest of the day.

I did not buy candy for trick treaters, I would have eaten it all. So, when the little people came by last night, I just sort of "raided" the pantry. (I know, they would have preferred candy). I passed out granola bars, micro popcorn, and trail mix. (horrible I know...needed to get rid of a lot of that stuff anyway. I buy it, and never eat it.). Can those kids come by every week or so?!

Last edited by kek1993; 11-01-2009 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-01-2009, 05:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Cleaning here and laundry. Have to pack up a bag for my little trip to Montgomery too. Got a roast for dinner so that will be getting into the crock pot so I don't have to fuss with it. That is it, although a nice long walk might be in order too because it looks like it is going to be a nice day (cooler but sunny).
Did you have lots of trick or treaters Karla? Because we live in a complex I don't even see them, which is pretty good because I have been known to polish off the candy by myself!
Can't believe it is November, I leave for MI in 21 days! Yeah! My little grandchildren tried calling me on Skype last night so I could see them dressed up. Alas, I was watching spook movies and did not hear my phone ringing to tell me to turn on Skype:~( Oh well, their pictures are as cute as can be! I guess Natalie (she will be 2 on the 13th) did not appreciate some of the costumes and therefor did not like the whole idea.
Well all, have a wonderful day! Happy November.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Morning movers and shakers.

Clocks turned back and well rested with gaining a hour siesta.

Lets see Church this morning then shopping. DH got his check and I really need to do some serious shopping.
Dinner out tonight.
Tomorrow back at the gym. No time today but I may do some stretches, floor excercises and weights in between my doings.

Happy November 1st

Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
I'm probably going to walk my dogs or try to talk my mom into riding our bikes at the local park.

If I feel it's too cold, I'll probably dance around my room.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

We rolled in about 11 last night. Boy, am I ever glad to be home! Mickey & Buzz were so very happy to see us. Mickey saw DH and ran to the fireplace and rather loudly demanded that he build a fire.

Shadow & I have been for a tour of the neighborhood this morning. Plans for the day include doing as little as humanly possible.

I am uploading pics right now so you guys can share in the adventure.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Good hope you made out panning for those jewels in the mountains!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
O.K., here come the pics & vacation story.

First off, we left MIL's house at 5:30 in the morning. Around 8:30 I get pulled over by FHP. Dunno why, for once I was not speeding. There was some high fog, but visibility was great. Apparently the FHP does not care about visibility, they want your headlights on. *sighs* I ended up getting a $104 ticket for not wearing my seatbelt instead of the $160 ticket for not having my headlights on. The headlight ticket would have put points onto my license.

So, we drive & drive & drive. North of Atlanta we take I-985 which sort of stops being an interstate and starts being a 4 lane divided highway with cross traffic & traffic lights. I never saw such a thing!

We finally get to our cabin just as it was getting dark. Scary, windy, mountain roads in Franklin, NC high up in the Smokey Mountains.

Here is our cabin

It was a cute 1 bedroom, and there were 6 others on the property. We were the only ones there, so we had the place to ourselves.

The man who owns the place has 2 dogs, Dixie & Boudreaux

Shadow like these dogs & they had much fun running around together.

This noisy little creek ran behind our cabin

On the other side of the creek was a field full of goats

Every time the goats would see us they would come running down to the fence wagging their tails. There was a dog living in the field who would not allow you to come close enough to visit with the goats.

The first day we went gem mining. We went to Sheffield Mine. $15/person and they give you 2 buckets of dirt. The dirt is red clay and you get to scrub the muck away from the rocks to see what you have. I found a 5 carat ruby, and a few smaller ones plus a couple of sapphires. Interesting factiod, all rubies are sapphires. Sapphires come in every color of the rainbow, but there are no red ones because they are rubies.

Here is a shot of the sluice with all of the folks scrubbing mud away.

Here is DH hard at work looking for the Maharajah's gems

The mine also had a cat named Merlin who came out & walked the line each time new people came.

They also had 2 dogs that seemed like they could care less if people came or not.

This is Yazzy

This is Spirit

Most of the stones that you find are about the size of a healthy booger. There had been several inches of rain the day before we got there, and we actually found stones in the parking area that had washed up.

When we got back to the cabin we see that the owner has provided us with some shovels & screens. He tells us that we can pull gems right out of the creek. Amazingly we actually did.

The second day we went canoeing on the Little Tennessee River. I am not a boat person, but Shadow & DH love it.

Here is Shadow waiting patiently for us to get going

Some scenic views from the canoe

When we finish unloading everything I will get some pics of the gemstones we found.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, all. I hope your Halloween was trick-less! Since we live in a retirement community, no kids coming to the door.

Did some laundry, have it hanging out. Went to McD's w/hubster who bought me breakfast - yogurt and a fat free mocha (no whipped cream, either - you have to specify or the "barista" will put it on. Duh.), then went to Marty's for our morning coffee. She wasn't home when I got there, so I chatted w/her hubby til she came back from the store with apple turnovers. Just got home. Headed to the pool party in a short while.

Have a great day, all.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Most of the stones that you find are about the size of a healthy booger.

BTW, thanks for the above visual.

Glad you had a good time. Many thanks for sharing your photos. I would have rep'd, but I need to spread lots of love - haven't been able to rep anybody in while. Wonder what's going on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals