Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday !!

I have to say how proud I am of everyone

We are doing great on our first week of our new motivation

So much that I think we are going to have a well deserved " Special Day" on Saturday !!

See I am giving everyone a 2 day notice on the special day !!!

Hubby went into the office today so it is just me and the dogs scout goes home later this afternoon lol my sister says she is so worn out after visiting that she usually sleeps the day after she comes home.

Right now they are all waiting for breakfast but they have to wait till I am done this because Scout needs a little supervision while she eats. Being the only dog at her house she likes to "graze eat" she also like to take a mouthful and put it on the carpet next to her bowl. Well you can't do that here with Miss Lola because she will try and sneak in and get to her bowl or any pieces that may "escape" . So then Scout will take her mouthful even farther from the bowl
lol feeding time is interesting to say the least.

I am going to do the "walk away the pounds" DVD today I won't need the stretchies because my shoulder is still sore so I will just do the legs part

Today's optional group activity

How about 2 sets of 10 jumping jacks (lol when was the last time you did a jumping jack ? )
Followed up by 25 ab crunches

So what will your exercise be for today ?

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-05-2009 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: lol had to edit the jumping jack we can build up to 25
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:05 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Thursday's "Everyone is doing a great job" exercise thread-cimg7549.jpg

Good morning.
So this is a new week of motivation for exercise?....sounds like a plan to me
Inserting a picture my daughter took last week when I was visting her. 10 more pounds to go and I will be happy. It's such a slow process.
I am feeling old today. Three more weeks and I will get 10 percent off at Ross, how sad is that. lol
My daughter's birthday is the same day as mine, so she is flying to Oklahoma to celebrate with me. She is also running the Tulsa marathon.....I am just watching of course!
Karla -I like that challenge.....going to try the crunches and jumping jacks after Zumba class tonight, since I already showered. Can't remember when I last did a jumping jack by the way. I love Zumba but the class has at least 50 people in it and the room is small. I need room to move. I feel very uncoordinated in this class, but I am learning.
Should be lovely weather today. 72 degrees. I should go run outside but since we are paying that gym fee better go there after work.

Have a lovely day everyone!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-05-2009 at 06:15 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Rae that is a great picture !!
I think you look great
I think we will all agree that they are going to ask for ID when you try to use the 10% Sr discount at Ross !!

I did the 2 mile walk away the pounds DVD whew I had forgotten what a workout it is lol I am going to be feeling it tomorrow

I also did the jumping jax had to go in and edit it from 25 to 10 because dang 25 were a little high we can work into this

You know I really hate exercising but thanks you you all I can do this again !!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Me, too, Karla. This group thing is a big help.

I didn't want to do it today, but I did. I got up, asked DH if he was going with me and he decided to stay home and plant the milkweed bushes he bought yesterday and spread some more mulch around. But I still went! Walked the mile to the gym, worked out for 15 minutes (legs today), then walked back via the scenic route. No duck came to see me today, tho. It's such a nice walk around the lake and you get to see so many back yard gardens. Really uplifting. I do keep an eye out for the gators, tho.

Rae, you look terrific. I should print your photo for my inspiration. I gotta tell ya, I just love getting those senior discounts. I'm wondering if I can add any more since I turned 55.

Gotta go shower. After my walk/workout, I watered. There's a nice breeze out there, but I still glowed.

Hugs to all.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning.

It never ceases to amaze me that I can skip riding for 2 weeks and feel like I haven't ridden in years when I come back. Every muscle below my belly button is screaming at me today.

The packing has begun. Up & down the stairs, in & out of the house, in & out of the trailer, all the while toting boxes. Ugh! I think I will pass on the jumping jacks today........

Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 AM

591 posts, read 664,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Attachment 52320

Good morning.
So this is a new week of motivation for exercise?....sounds like a plan to me
Inserting a picture my daughter took last week when I was visting her. 10 more pounds to go and I will be happy. It's such a slow process.
I am feeling old today. Three more weeks and I will get 10 percent off at Ross, how sad is that. lol
My daughter's birthday is the same day as mine, so she is flying to Oklahoma to celebrate with me. She is also running the Tulsa marathon.....I am just watching of course!
Karla -I like that challenge.....going to try the crunches and jumping jacks after Zumba class tonight, since I already showered. Can't remember when I last did a jumping jack by the way. I love Zumba but the class has at least 50 people in it and the room is small. I need room to move. I feel very uncoordinated in this class, but I am learning.
Should be lovely weather today. 72 degrees. I should go run outside but since we are paying that gym fee better go there after work.

Have a lovely day everyone!
You look great. Keep up the good work.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:47 AM

591 posts, read 664,069 times
Makes you feel good when you lose weight. I have 10 more too.

Went to the gym today. treadmill 2.5 incline, 3.0 speed. burned 100 cal

bike....burned 20 more. then I did weights, and sit ups. That's all this

Senior did. 45 mins today. GOOD LUCK LADIES, I'M WITH YOU

I HAVE A REQUEST...CAN WE SHARE SOME HEALTHY DINNER RECEIPTS. AFTER 46 YRS OF COOKING
I HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS. ANY HEALTHY EASY IDEA'S?

Last edited by ladybee; 11-05-2009 at 08:57 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Thanks for the compliments....it made my day

Well I am glad there are lots of seniors on here......it's a great group. I think this thread helps motivate all of us.

I will look for receipes when I get off work.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I did the bootcamp cardio workout again. 33 minutes plus, since I heard Billy come on line so I stopped to talk to him, the connection was terrible over there today, then I started up again. Now I am way behind...as usual. Wish I could just get up and work out instead of procrastinating all day. But, that's how I roll...

Chickrae, you look great, and certainly not like someone eligible-or soon to be eligible-for any kind of senior discount.

I found out recently that you're supposed to eat a little something before you work out to kind of kick start the fat burning process. In all of my years, I never heard that before.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Rae, I can't think of any specific recipes. I was very successful earlier this year in losing 14 lbs. by "putting the fork down". I cut back on my portions just a bit, did not go back for 2nds. I also cut way back on "white stuff" - potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar. The problem is, since I went on vacation, I've gained about 6 of those lbs. back and I'm going to see my doctor next week - I know I'll catch h**l from her. I was hoping to get back on track before my appt. but that didn't work. Here's another tip: Use ground turkey breast meat instead of hamburger.

I hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals