Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday !!

I have to go out and harvest some grapefruit before we leave for breakfast. The waitress we have each week overheard me talking about having excess and she said she would love some
Also last week at the MG meeting I said " I can't believe I forgot to bring grapefruit and one of the MG is a Pastor at a Church and on Sundays they have a food bank for families that need help he said he would love some of the grapefruit so we will drop off a big bag after breakfast this morning

Not sure what else in on the books for today it is only going to be 50 so not sure if outside yard work will happen
I would love to put in some pansys & petunias

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good morning! Karla, I'll take a couple of those grapefruit if you have a few extra after the waitress and the food bank. That's so nice of you.

Headed over to my friends' place for coffee shortly. It's going to be in the upper 60's here. I think it'll be a lazy day unless I get a bug up my butt and decide to chisel out the bathrooms. Then again, that might wait till tomorrow.

So we're back on the Poop Scoop Report again. Is your sister eating real food yet or is she still on the liquid/jello thing??

Tried to call Mom this morning. I finally had the nerve up to talk about vacation, see if we could cut it back to one week this year and she wasn't even home! GGRRRRR. Where could she be at 8:00 on a Sunday morning?? She does Church on Sat. nights, so she wouldn't have been there.....unless there's something going on like first Communion or something. Could be.

Anyway.... that's about all the excitement here.

Oh, I forgot....I think someone asked about the new neighbor a while back. Seems she starts a job tomorrow at a computer software company. He wants her to start in the quality control dept. to learn a new process they've started so she can get a feel for the product and how they make it, then she'll move into the office manager spot. It must be a small company because I doubt they'd bring in somebody off the street to manage the office if there were more than a few people working there. She has another interview lined up, too, for more $$, but it's a good hour commute each way. Oh, and her hubby leaves in May to spent 6 months up north. Kinda goofy, I'd say. I don't give much longer for that marriage. So that's the scoop.

Enjoy your day, all.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Wow Pattie that is quite the neighbor you have there I can't see dealing with a man that you know has a girlfriend, I am shaking my head right now.
Well gals hubby officially joined the ranks of the unemployed today Yep, we knew it was coming but not this soon. We had hoped to have a new job by now but in today's time it is extremely hard to find a company hiring let alone paid relocation. I guess we can pay our own relocation but ouch that is a big expense.
Anyway my day will be the normal for Sunday, cleaning and laundry. Have a good one ladies

Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Wow Sandy, that sucks. Chin up girlfriend!

Shadow & I have been for a long walk this morning. Later we will hit the dog park, then dinner at MIL's.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:07 AM

Thanks Evey! My chin is up, I'm glad he is out of there it is a place from h#@@ and I am sure OSHA would shut them down if they knew how many violations they have/do.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM

Sandy, best of luck to hubby with his job search. It doesn't always seem so at the time, but things usually happen for the best. Hang in there, kiddo. And if my neighbor can find a job in a place where there's 14% unemployment, there's hope for everybody else!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:37 AM

Sandy even though it was "expected" it does suck
What does he do ? Hey maybe there might be something here in Florida !!!

Well we stopped at Walmart before we dropped the grapefruit off at the Church so of course I had to pick up a few other things to add to the box. It may sound odd but along with some veggie and pasta I added fudge brownies and coffee because when we were little and things were tough the fist thing my Mom cut back on was coffee for her and treats so everyone needs that kind of stuff every once in awhile when things are tough.

My sister called on the way to breakfast she is now able to eat jello !!! and gulp my brother is flying down this afternoon or tomorrow morning to visit her
Good thing she is on the other side of the river because I don't want to have to do the omg my brother is coming he has never seen our house I don't want to have to clean panic

ok gonna run over and feed my buddy
I just let him out to potty on our way to breakfast

I will be back later to chat more

Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 AM

You know, Karla, I bet nothing tasted so good as that first bowl of jello! I think it was a great idea to add brownies and coffee. Brownies always make you feel good.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 AM

What a wonderful care package Karla! You will make someone's day. Glad to hear sis is on the mend, she will be there for a few more days???
I agree Pattie, I am not sorry about this at all just worried about finances. I would not be surprised if this place shuts down in the next year from lack of work.
Karla he has been looking in FL. Just hard to get someone to call back where there is an out of state address. I almost feel like adding his mom and dads address to a second resume so it looks like he lives in state. Oh he is in printing, like the sunday advertisments.
Best get going the laundry is multiplying as I type.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Sandy you can use our address
the phone number won't matter since folks carry their number when they move

They said right after surgery that she might be there 7 days this morning she said probably the day after she "you know what"

Oh we were laughing so hard this morning that she said her stitches were hurting

heres the story
When we were up there for my nephews wedding in July my little brother had some interesting wood and as you know hubby is a woodworker
So we gave him $60 to ship it down well come xmas and we still hadn't gotten our wood he tried to put it in the boxes of gifts that were shipped back down but I guess he missed the ship day
then my nephew went up a couple of weeks ago and he tried to convince him to bring the wood back with him
Well then he called my sister last week in the hospital offering to come down with his wife who use to be a nurse in FL so of course we all laughed and said "probably so he could bring the wood"
So when my sister said my big brother was coming down my hubby said " I wonder if your little brother is going to try and get your older brother to bring the wood "
lol I had to call her back and share this little quip well we both stared laughing so hard
So now we have a bet going to see if he tries !!!

lol we are a very unusual family at times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals