Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

I just realized that I have 3 days until my fundraiser on Sat and I don't have a dress
It is black tie optional

I was going to wear the one I borrowed from my sister for my nephews wedding but she loaned it to her niece whos MIL needed it The niece hasn't returned it yet and since my sister can't drive yet and the niece is on bed rest for a risky pregnancy can't drive
and I don't want to drive an hour to the nieces
I am in a situation lol
I don't want to wear a long dress in case I am the only one
I tried on a couple of the short dresses in my closet from a few years ago yeah that didn't work I was a lot thinner back then

Worse come to worse I do have a simple black dress that I could dress up with the right jewelry

So guess who is stuck going shopping today
We all know how I feel about dress shopping

While I am at the mall I am going to get some walking in

So who wants to join me in dress shopping today
I'll buy lunch !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Ooooo! Shopping!!

Shadow & I have been for a lovely walk this morning. Shadow is now out back sunbathing with the cats. *shakes head* She is laying on hr back trying to get a tan on her tummy. Silly puppy! Later we will hit the dog park.

There is some general housework in my future, if I can motivate myself to do it.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Hi everyone,

Karla, if anything just get you a pair of patterned hose and wear them with the black dress you already have. That would be quicker to do and they always look nice and fashionable.

Evey, my dogs like to tan too. They find a spot where there isn't any snow and just lay there in the sun. It's hilarious.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Lunch, too??? SIgn me up, Karla!

Cold outside today again, so no walk. It looks like it's going to start warming up by the weekend. I sure hope so. Sis comes two weeks from tomorrow.

I did sparkle up the chandelier this a.m. It's not a job I look forward to. It doesn't take long, only about 45 minutes, but it's tedious. But, man, those crystals sure do look purdy! Got some laundry going, too. Bring yours down, Evey, what's a couple more loads??

Not much else going on today. DH is putting a finished edge on the pass-through between the dining area and sitting room. Don't tell him, but I just might try to do some furniture re-arranging while he's gone and switch those two areas, just to see if I can get away with it. Our house is so small and we have a lot of furniture and it's mostly big furniture, too, so there's not a lot of re-arranging that can be done.

Oh, I thought you'd like to know.... The other day, we were in the living room, doing something with the BAEC and, out of DH's mouth comes, "you know, we really need a bigger tv." Uh huh. I knew it wouldn't be long before he started that. Let's see how long I can hold him off on it.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:42 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
So much for going back to that other workout. I went to do it today and it's gone! It didn't say anything about an expiration date--I forgot what they call it. So...I did the 10 minute cardio blast and looked around for some to do tomorrow.

Billy has the Military Ball this Friday, he gets all dressed up in his 'blues' and his Stetson (which is required, Cavalry, you know ) Maybe he'll send me a picture. Can't imagine him in a cowboy hat! He made shake 'n bake chicken last night, he was SO happy with himself, told me 'it smells so GOOD!!' Sometimes, it's the little things.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:33 PM

You got it, fuzz!

Oh, I wish I could see him in his blues. There's nothing like a man in a uniform. When XH and I had our boat, we docked it at a resort where Ft. Drum had all their military balls. It was so nice to see all those young men and their ladies (and, yes, some of the older men, too!) all dressed up, looking so spiffy. (OK, Pattie...cool down, take a deep breath....)

Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 PM

ooo I want to see a picture too !!
You know Jaxs is a big Navy town so I often get a glimpse

Crap I forgot I am going to have to get hose
thanks for the reminder Cheryl lol I guess I wil even shave the legs

I did find a dress call me shocked lol and it was on sale
I even found 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of black pants of course they weren't on sale but they look nice so .... plus our tax refund was deposited yesterday so since I can't remember the last time I treated myself to new clothes I bit the bullet

evey my 2 love to sunbathe you should see them trying to fit in the sun areas on the carpet
they also love to lay out on the patio

pattie do you have those "moving men" furniture movers you can get them at Bed Bath & beyond they make moving heavy stuff a breeze

woo hoo hubby just said " do you want to go out to eat !!!

I am so there
so back later to chat more

Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Yahoo, I am back online. Be back tomorrow, missed all of your smiling remarks!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Missed you, too, Sandy. Welcome back.

The stuff I'm going to move, Karla, should be pretty easy, just a recliner, the DR table and 6 chairs and a couple small tables/cupboard-type thingies.

So where'd ya go to dinner???

My DH fixed ours...I had lobster tail! YUM. I'm soooo full right now, but a very happy woman. Nite all.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 AM

Welcome back Sandy we missed you too

Pattie thats not bad at all
I love rearranging the furniture kinda make it fell like a new place

lol it will be interesting to see if he notices

We went to Steak n shake I love that place However with all the unsweet tea I drank I was wide awake till almost 11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals