Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

I swear I could hear the plants rejoicing !!!
The level went up in C/D pool also so I won't have to drag the hose out

Yesterday was a quiet day,my allergies are still kicking my butt, I am doing everything I can to keep it from settling in my chest
I was up till 1 am I guess the stuff I am taking wasn't joking when it says "non-drowsy"

I was suppose to go downtown for a meeting this morning but am going to pass because I feel crappy

Hubby went into the office today so I see a nap in my future

Fuzzy glad the storms missed you weather like that is scary

Evey any Shadow updates ?

So whats on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, There. Sorry you're not feeling so great. You'd think the allergy season would be gone by now, but nnnooooooo. Mine are bothering me on and off, too, but nowhere near as bad as yours are. Hope you feel better.

Not much sleep in the NMS household last night. DH is on one of his sleep all day, read all night modes. Drives me crazy. The light keeps waking me up. Finally, he turned it off around 3. He got up to go pee around 4, and I've been awake ever since. He best not try to sleep all day today. My Inner Monster may come out and try to kill him.

I did force my butt out of bed (I was awake, why not??) and walked to the gym, did a great 30 min. weight workout (felt good today), then walked home. The walk was brutal. It was already 82 with 88% humidity, so it felt like 92. I came close to calling DH to come get me with the golf cart, but I didn't.

What's DH doing now, you ask?? Well, we went to a nice nursery in Estero yesterday and bought a bunch of plants, so he's out there, making nice with Mother Nature. It's going to be pretty again, some holes filled in where the freeze took out some stuff.

I get to chisel the bathroom today. Hm. Maybe I should wait till AFTER hubster comes in from playing in the dirt.

PS - Evey, I have a feeling Shadow will be coming home today.............

Old 06-07-2010, 06:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

No news yet. I just talked to the office & they tell me she is laying on her bed looking bored. Her vet is off today so we have asked the other vet, who worked all weekend with her, to give me a call. So I am waiting......

Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Poor baby! I bet she's bored as h&ll.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Happy update!

Finally got a call from the vet. Shadow ate a few bites of food yesterday and kept it down. She is drinking normally and is off the IV. She got all her meds yesterday orally and kept them down. This morning they offered her food and she turned her nose up, but did eat around lunch time when someone opted to open a can of food for her instead of her dry food.

Her pancreatic numbers are normal and her liver numbers are still elevated, but not dangerously so. We will have to go back for blood work once a week until her liver numbers are normal.

They told me to call at 4:30 and if she has not vomited then she can come home. Everyone cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and anything else ya got!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Sounds like good news. My fingers and toes are crossed for Shadow to come home.

Oh yeah - hi everybody.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Really good news about Shadow!

Sorry to hear about the allergies Karla. Hopefully all that rain helped knock some of the pollen down.

Pattie, I wish I could help you with the bathroom. I need some experience under my belt before I tackle ours. I'm a chicken!

Had a very odd weekend. Went to get rocks and had a run in with a snake! I ran off that rock pile like a woman posessed! Hate the things. It started striking at my husband... screaming! Then I got sick during the night. Stomach just decided to not play nice. Then yesterday, I was placing the rocks in the garden and smashed my finger. Holy cow that hurt. If I could tell you the words I said in my head you'd be shocked.

Anyhoo... been walking today. I look funny because I have to keep my right hand elevated.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Today I did an upper body workout.

I have been trying to do something on the computer that I don't know how to do, everybody wants to see pictures of Billy, but I dont' know how to download them onto a CD--I can only do one at a time per CD which I know is wrong, but I am totally stupid about this stuff. And, I am rather enraged about the whole thing. Going to MIL for dinner, and dh called to tell me how easy it is to go to walmart and take the CD and make pictures blah blah, well, it's kind of funny, since he doens't even know how to turn the computer ON. Nothing like a know-it-all telling you how easy something is because someone who knows what they're doing told you so.

Happy great and wonderful news about Shadow! Poor baby, what an ordeal. I'm so happy for you Evey, and whew!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:36 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Oh the news is good about Shadow, I bet you are like a little kid waiting until 4:30
Hello all and I hope you are all having a wonderful, if not muggy, day We are finally interviewing for an open position we have here, and we cannot wait until it is filled; too much work!
My co-worker is finally home from Guadamala with stories about the tropical storm, she said they had 6 inches of rain in an hour!
Tet sorry about the snake, I'm surprised up there that you have any type of snake I only saw one snake in Michigan and it was a garden snake. Ick.
Have a good day all, being as it is Monday I will walk the dog tonight but that will be all for exercise (I have gone up and down three flights of stairs 4 times already today so I consider that my daily torture).

Old 06-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Yay!!! Shadow is home! She has 4 scripts (and hates taking pills).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals