Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,635,325 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Thank you for the very nice Christmas stories yesterday, I enjoyed them! Well, concerning Santa, my 10 year old, of course is hearing the stories at school, "there is no Santa, your parents put the presents under the tree". So for the second time he approached my husband the other day. "Dad, is Santa real?" Now, my husband who sometimes isn't the smoothest with some of his explanations and advice giving, did really well with this one. "Kevin, there are some people that don't believe in God, its just how it is, now you know there is a God and that is why we celebrate Christmas, the same goes for Santa, some will believe, some won't, its your decision to make." I was pretty impressed. Now my 8 year old daughter, if there was any doubt in her mind, there isn't now. You see, I had Santa send letters from the North Pole...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Santasmiley-2.gif (broken link)...and when she opened it yesterday and read everything he said to her about how she was such a good girl, keeping her room clean, etc...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/26b94312.gif (broken link)... and that Ringwood was going to be one of his first stops Christmas Eve...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/navidad.gif (broken link)...she yelled out "there is a Santa!"...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/thSantaClaus-1.gif (broken link)...and to hear that was awesome! Okay, coffee with splenda and soymilk so far......have a great day! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/ItsFriday.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 07:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,169,334 times
just my diet pepsi

my brother in law came over so hubby could take him to the airport and to drop their dog off
my mother in law is coming over so hubby and replace her brakes so since I am all swollen and getting a back eye I may have her make breakfast let her "MOM me" a bit

Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
Karla, what is going on.

Jeannie, glad you got that Santa thing settled. Dh was great with his explanation. We once had a friend who sent his child to one of those private schools that believed in complete truth. He thought that was Christian. He challenged my dh by saying, "You don't have Santa come to your house do you." My dh's answer, "I wouldn't trust anyone who does not believe in Santa Claus." That shut him up. I think Santa is just part of that Christian love.

Coffee and milk (1)
Peanut granola bar (4)
I am out of bananas and will eat an orange (1) a little later in the morning. I can't stand the thought of an orange or apple right now.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:52 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
I didn't have that orange. I had another cup of coffee instead.
Lunch was 5 meatballs, lettuce and tomato salad and coffee and milk.
Afternoon snack that I am eating now is another cup of coffee and milk and a small bag of chex mix.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,635,325 times
NCN, I love your stories, thank you. And yes, I agree, it is all tied in together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Karla, what is going on.

Jeannie, glad you got that Santa thing settled. Dh was great with his explanation. We once had a friend who sent his child to one of those private schools that believed in complete truth. He thought that was Christian. He challenged my dh by saying, "You don't have Santa come to your house do you." My dh's answer, "I wouldn't trust anyone who does not believe in Santa Claus." That shut him up. I think Santa is just part of that Christian love.

Coffee and milk (1)
Peanut granola bar (4)
I am out of bananas and will eat an orange (1) a little later in the morning. I can't stand the thought of an orange or apple right now.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,169,334 times
ncn had some minor surgery yesterday and am stitched bruised and cranky lol

dinner was cereal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals