Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,637,700 times

Advertisements

Good morning! First I would like to say it was nice seeing a new face yesterday, SmerkyGrl...always encouraging new faces so if anyone is tempted to just stop in and say hello...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/HELLO.gif (broken link)...please do. And a little update on my soap opera...after our septic failed and we were told we needed a new system, 21K or so, an engineer has now told us that we just need a new field and are now down to about 10K or less, although expensive, not as much as we were first led to believe. Although the buyers are still trying to bleed us dry this week, I have now told my realtor "house as is" septic will be repaired but nothing more. Now, we're waiting for their response. Coffee with suctrose and milk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/CoffeeCup-1.gif (broken link)have a great day everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/kevin.jpg (broken link) just wanted to make sure you were all awake. By the way, any questions as to why my 10 year old is named Kevin? Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,744,393 times
Gee this forum is nicer than any of the other forums I've been to on CD! Thanks for the warm welcome!

This morning: 1 cup of hot chocolate, 1 toasted tortilla with a dash of salsa.

No idea what lunch is going to be, as I did not pack it.

Reflection on yesterday:
Lunch: Yellow rice with pineapple chicken
Dinner: Half a bowl of asian noodle soup with pork broth, an oatmeal and coconut cookie, an orange.

I was feeling kinda sick last night so I ended up ditching dinner halfway and going to bed.

Looking forward to a bright new day!

Oh, and 35 minute swim this morning, inspired by the ability to post that I swam this morning on this forum. Fun fun!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Gee this forum is nicer than any of the other forums I've been to on CD! Thanks for the warm welcome!

This morning: 1 cup of hot chocolate, 1 toasted tortilla with a dash of salsa.

No idea what lunch is going to be, as I did not pack it.

Reflection on yesterday:
Lunch: Yellow rice with pineapple chicken
Dinner: Half a bowl of asian noodle soup with pork broth, an oatmeal and coconut cookie, an orange.

I was feeling kinda sick last night so I ended up ditching dinner halfway and going to bed.

Looking forward to a bright new day!

Oh, and 35 minute swim this morning, inspired by the ability to post that I swam this morning on this forum. Fun fun!
Thank you Smerkygrl. Hope your feeling better this morning. This is a nice place to come and visit and I would also like to encourage you to drop by the exercise forum and meet Karla. She does a great job over there and the people there couldn't be nicer. Have a great day!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Glad you "put your foot down" on that buyer. They will buy. The deal is too good not to. I am just glad you are not here now. We have about one month of miserable weather per year. It makes us appreciate the rest of the year. If you came now, you would be depressed and leave before the good weather gets here. North Carolina is usually beautiful in the Spring. Be sure you have a good umbrella. We get all that beautiful green from rain.

Coffee and milk--I am back to skimmed again. (1)
banana (1)
protein bar (4)

Have a good day everybody. Dh is off until Sunday, so I guess we will be out and about.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 AM
NCN

SmerkyGrl, sounds like you have met some of those other people. Like the ones who ask a dumb question and then bad rep because you give a sensible answer. I have started just finding someone everybody is beating up on and giving them good reps for support. I am "gun shy" to post on some of those threads.

Oh, I got brave and posted on some of the other forums. Watch my reps go down. I realized a long time ago that I do not think like the average American.

Last edited by NCN; 01-24-2008 at 09:00 AM..

Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 AM

72,477 posts, read 18,230,294 times
Wow! Look at that guy! my fav is Antonio Banderas,so don't worrry Jeannie!

Need to leave soon... I'll talk about the stuff later,going to a meeting

Grapeseed extract
soymilk,oat bran,banana

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Wow! Look at that guy! my fav is Antonio Banderas,so don't worrry Jeannie!
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/antonio_banderas.jpg (broken link)

humm, yes, not too hard on the eyes either.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
NCN

Lunch: Italian vegetable soup (2)
Coffee and milk (1)
4 hushpuppies (3)

Last edited by NCN; 01-24-2008 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-24-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Lunch: Italian vegetable soup (2)
Coffee and milk
4 hushpuppies
Guess I'm going to have to try those hushpuppies if I plan on moving to NC...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Guess I'm going to have to try those hushpuppies if I plan on moving to NC...
Do you not eat hushpuppies. Come to think of it, I had never had hushpuppies when I got married. I think my mom would have thought them too greasey. We had corn bread every day at what we called "supper." As I have said on other threads, Mom was a health nut. She lived to within a week of her 85th birthday.

I think hushpuppies are more of an Eastern North Carolina thing. I buy mine frozen in the grocery store and bake them in the oven. They are commonly fried in hot grease like french fries. I like them to eat because they are easy to calculate into points. I am really not into measuring corn bread squares.

Hushpuppies usually go with barbecue (pork, chicken, or beef), french fries, coleslaw, and for you ketchup.

I discovered corn bread in vegetable soup when we went to Tennessee on vacation. We used to have pinto beans and corn bread, or cabbage, or green beans. Corn bread makes everything better, but it is loaded with calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals