Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,731 times

Advertisements

Good evening all. At least it's really dark outside where I live lol b/c it's already 9:20 and I'm ready for bed but wanted to check with you first.

It's still rainy and stormy outside but I could take two walks with DS.
One with my aunt and DS through our small town and one with my cousin and DS running in the woods.

I never knew how out of shape I was. My cousin's a real pro in sports and used to jogging and running and stuff like that. She made me run for nearly a mile and I was glad when my running shoe lace got open and I could take at least a small break

DS is fit again after his cold so I crawled over all the living room today to play with him and now my knee is hurting. Seems like I can retire some time soon Oh how I wish

No breakfast for me today. Lunch was some leftover lower Turkey leg with two buttered slices of dark sourdough bread.
Snack were some chocolates which I got for Valentine's day from hubby.
Dinner was two more slices of the bread with cream cheese.

Gotta go to bed now. See you tomorrow. Yawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 01:29 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Good evening all. At least it's really dark outside where I live lol b/c it's already 9:20 and I'm ready for bed but wanted to check with you first.

One with my aunt and DS through our small town and one with my cousin and DS running in the woods.

I never knew how out of shape I was. My cousin's a real pro in sports and used to jogging and running and stuff like that. She made me run for nearly a mile and I was glad when my running shoe lace got open and I could take at least a small break

DS is fit again after his cold so I crawled over all the living room today to play with him and now my knee is hurting. Seems like I can retire some time soon Oh how I wish

No breakfast for me today. Lunch was some leftover lower Turkey leg with two buttered slices of dark sourdough bread.

okay, so there is a 6 hour difference in time here. Nighty night Diana.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM

448 posts, read 1,049,831 times
Jeannie! You sold your house? I bet I missed all those details in the last 2 weeks. I know it must have seemed like forever to you, but it went quick from my end!
NCN, did you get that little slide rule Dooly Gig for calculating points? I haven't played with it yet. I was reading my stuff in the bath tub last night. ( I do all my best reading in the tub)

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmousern View Post
Jeannie! You sold your house? I bet I missed all those details in the last 2 weeks. I know it must have seemed like forever to you, but it went quick from my end!
NCN, did you get that little slide rule Dooly Gig for calculating points? I haven't played with it yet. I was reading my stuff in the bath tub last night. ( I do all my best reading in the tub)
well, I don't want to say we sold it until we sign those papers at the closing on March 31st.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post

I can't jog,my knee hurts now and sometimes it makes noises. Glad you can jog. right now I just walk fast,which I like to do these days.

Just had some chicken legs and some salad this evening

Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Missmousern, I call it my sliderule. It is easy to use. First you check to see if there is any fiber in whatever you want to evaluate, then you put the number of calories by the fiber line and check to the right for the place the fat content comes to. Long story short, more fiber fewer points, more fat more points. It is a behavior modification type diet that rewards you for eating more fiber and penalizes you for eating more fat. It doesn't take long for you to start looking for foods with more fiber and less fat. It has been my experience that if you stay within the points every day you will lose at least one pound per week. My dh and I lost an average of 2 pounds per week and our daughter lost an average of 3 pounds per week. Our daughter runs about five miles a week. My husband and I ate the maximum points everyday and our daughter ate the minimum points per day.

We had a few canisters with one, two, three, and four points goodies. My daughter came to visit and said, "Mom, I thought you all were on a diet." I said, "We are, but if I have a point left at the end of the day, I get a treat." Just stick to the points, it really works. Painless way to lose weight. We only added points for exercising one time the first day we started. My husband wanted us to share a steak and cheese so we went to the weight room and exercised an hour so I could join him. I didn't have enough points left before the exercise.

Just one note: The slide rule is not equipped to measure cheesecake.

I messed up lunch today by having a regular Harris Teeter cookie and a vegetable cracker snack.

Dinner: Mesquite chicken breast
Pear
1 T. olive garden dressing with a large salad of lettuce, cucumbers, and green, yellow, and red sweet pepper slices.
Coffee and 1% milk, a little less than 1/2 cup

Last edited by NCN; 03-03-2008 at 11:05 PM..

Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Jeannie, I bet March 31 is coming the fastest you have ever seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals