Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times

Advertisements

I had a special treat today. We visited relatives in Wilkes County. We got there after lunch, so of course we told them we were not hungry. We went to visit, not to eat. We usually leave there stuffed, so I liked it this way.

We visited my dh's sister first and then went on to visit the husband of the sister who died last year. The house was cleaner than mine and he was so proud that he had just baked his first cake and wanted to know if we would like a piece. By then we were starving, of course we wanted a piece of the first cake he had ever made in his life. It was lemon pound cake and delicious.

We looked around the neighborhood and then came home down I-77 and stopped at Crackerbarrel in Mooresville for our only meal besides breakfast. It was a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 09:53 PM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Sounds like you had a great day NCN! that's the kind of day that is relaxing.
I went to the Elephant Bar,it's a chain,don't know if you have then there,it's like Applebee. Had ice cream fudge....yummm!

Old 03-09-2008, 12:41 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I had a special treat today. We visited relatives in Wilkes County. We got there after lunch, so of course we told them we were not hungry. We went to visit, not to eat. We usually leave there stuffed, so I liked it this way.

We visited my dh's sister first and then went on to visit the husband of the sister who died last year. The house was cleaner than mine and he was so proud that he had just baked his first cake and wanted to know if we would like a piece. By then we were starving, of course we wanted a piece of the first cake he had ever made in his life. It was lemon pound cake and delicious.

We looked around the neighborhood and then came home down I-77 and stopped at Crackerbarrel in Mooresville for our only meal besides breakfast. It was a good day.
NCN, how is the weather in NC now? We've had flooding up in NJ, but fairly mild. My mother use to make lemon pound cake for me Delicious!

Old 03-09-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
Sounds like you had a great day NCN! that's the kind of day that is relaxing.
I went to the Elephant Bar,it's a chain,don't know if you have then there,it's like Applebee. Had ice cream fudge....yummm!
Izzy, you are just a busy little bee!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Jeannie, here it is sunny and windy. The weather in the mountains was wind, rain, sleet, snow for about an hour around 12:00 to 2:00 and then beautiful. I think it may have been stormy there earlier, but that is the time we got there. Dh couldn't drag me out of bed yesterday, so we got a late start. Sometimes I wish we lived up there. We want to get some work done on the house here and dh's bil is a developer. He does really good work and had added a Florida room on to their home up there. Dh said that if he keeps on building onto their home, he is going to have a castle. They started out with the basic 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath; he has enclosed the carport to make a den first, then when he build a huge great room that holds the whole family on holidays in back, the carport room became the dining room, they have added a double garage and now a Florida room and another bathroom beside the master bedroom. He has also added a front porch with huge columns for the posts. He was talking to my dh about building something else, but I didn't catch the conversation. Sil said he would do the new construction, but don't ask him to paint a wall. He builds, he doesn't redo. LOL

Old 03-09-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, here it is sunny and windy. The weather in the mountains was wind, rain, sleet, snow for about an hour around 12:00 to 2:00 and then beautiful. I think it may have been stormy there earlier, but that is the time we got there. Dh couldn't drag me out of bed yesterday, so we got a late start. Sometimes I wish we lived up there. We want to get some work done on the house here and dh's bil is a developer. He does really good work and had added a Florida room on to their home up there. Dh said that if he keeps on building onto their home, he is going to have a castle. They started out with the basic 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath; he has enclosed the carport to make a den first, then when he build a huge great room that holds the whole family on holidays in back, the carport room became the dining room, they have added a double garage and now a Florida room and another bathroom beside the master bedroom. He has also added a front porch with huge columns for the posts. He was talking to my dh about building something else, but I didn't catch the conversation. Sil said he would do the new construction, but don't ask him to paint a wall. He builds, he doesn't redo. LOL
I wish my husband was as handy as your BIL.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Izzy, you are just a busy little bee!
Like an applebee or bizzy izzy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals