Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

So many talk about colds and flu and if only they get up on their antioxidants. I'm probably 25 yrs with no colds or flu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 08:21 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,178,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So many talk about colds and flu and if only they get up on their antioxidants. I'm probably 25 yrs with no colds or flu.
Love Vitamin C. I take the big 500 mg chewable honkers. Yummy.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:27 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,541,791 times
Vit C also helps to reduce the absorption of nickel if taken with a meal for people who have to be on a low nickel diet due to nickel allergies.( from the FDA)

Old 05-10-2019, 06:01 PM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times
I have to take it in the form of Ester C.
Do you think it’s as affective as the regular ascorbic acid C?
Years ago, my dental hygienist noticed my gums bled easily and suggested I start supplementing with C.
It worked perfectly.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I have to take it in the form of Ester C.
Do you think it’s as affective as the regular ascorbic acid C?
Years ago, my dental hygienist noticed my gums bled easily and suggested I start supplementing with C.
It worked perfectly.
I would think Ester C is fine, and I hear you on no bleeding gums.

And I even feel that Vit C and the Grape Seed Ex I take are very instrumental in getting rid of years of hemorrhoids. I'm much older than you I'd bet and I know where I've been with my long years.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:41 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,088 times
Quote:
This has been discussed a lot here in the U.S. and I just don't know so won't say what I think. You can find so much info on this higher dosing of Vit C in cancer patients. I didn't hear about it mimicks F.A. Interesting. I'll read thru it more and maybe pass it on to my other health group who love to be UP on all treatments out there.

I don't see mention of Vit C in this trial:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02360345

Actually I feel what would be best for cancer treatments is finding a doctor who is OPEN to both methods of treatments. Grape seed extract is 50times more powerful than Vit C and I'm banking on it. Hope I'm right. Often wish my sil would have heard me on the grape seed ex years ago, he may be alive today..died after 6 months of aggressive treatments. My grandkids could have their dad in their lives...
Why is this any different from all the other topics you don't know about but decide to comment on anyway?

Old 05-18-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Why is this any different from all the other topics you don't know about but decide to comment on anyway?
I'm talking to mountainrose about Vit C which I know a lot about. Don't know what your gripe is. What I know nothing about I normally don't make a comment, many do thou.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I'm talking to mountainrose about Vit C which I know a lot about. Don't know what your gripe is. What I know nothing about I normally don't make a comment, many do thou.
I'm just stating the obvious. You are the one who said, "I just don't know." If you're unsure about what I'm talking about, just do a search on your past posting history.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I'm just stating the obvious. You are the one who said, "I just don't know." If you're unsure about what I'm talking about, just do a search on your past posting history.
Again, I told mountain rose Ester C is fine...no where did I say "I don't know". And I'm not going back to look at a bunch of posts as you say you have have. Have a good day.

Oh and I see what you may be going back to in post #7 on the higher dosing of Vit C in cancer therapies..I don't know but I have read a lot about that therapy for cancers. Time to take 1000 Vit C and may be preventing cancers in my body.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Again, I told mountain rose Ester C is fine...no where did I say "I don't know". And I'm not going back to look at a bunch of posts as you say you have have. Have a good day.

Oh and I see what you may be going back to in post #7 on the higher dosing of Vit C in cancer therapies..I don't know but I have read a lot about that therapy for cancers. Time to take 1000 Vit C and may be preventing cancers in my body.
Nowhere did I say that I went back through your past posts. I didn't. I just happen to remember them, because I read them. I didn't think that you would literally have to search back through your past posts to remember what you wrote. I thought "the grape" was supposed to be very helpful for memory issues - at least that's what you've said in the past. Remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals