Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:39 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How much damage this fluoride BUILD UP has caused in our bodies we'll never know. But my bets are on plenty.

Thankfully, my daughters were raised in a non-fluoridated area and now my grandkids are as well. They can always use toothpaste or dental treatments, if they so choose. I do not like the idea of mass medication without consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
I have no desire to read the Open Parachute propaganda, I followed them for a miserable amount of time and had to tune out. Nothing will ever convince me that this stuff added to our public waters is Positive for any living objects.

So much bad bad information spread to the population on how great it is for our bodies...No Way.

And if no other discussion was brought up, it's purely the principle of mass medication of the people and going into our public waters. It's not treating the waters.
Looks like a simple explanation of the chemistry involved in the fluoridation (both naturally occuring and municipally added) of water supplies. Just a few facts to counter the mythical claims hyped by the anti-fluoridation activists.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:42 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Looks like a simple explanation of the chemistry involved in the fluoridation (both naturally occuring and municipally added) of water supplies. Just a few facts to counter the mythical claims hyped by the anti-fluoridation activists.
Oh so you think it's OK for the population to be medicated against their consent. Why not add a load of anti depressants to the waters? Or laxatives?

And you believe it's OK for the chemical polluters to make 1000%'s profits on their waste in what was fairly clean water? And all these chemicals going into our lakes, rivers and oceans.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:58 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,305,573 times
Quote:
How much damage this fluoride BUILD UP has caused in our bodies we'll never know. But my bets are on plenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Thankfully, my daughters were raised in a non-fluoridated area and now my grandkids are as well. They can always use toothpaste or dental treatments, if they so choose. I do not like the idea of mass medication without consent.
Thankfully my home is on a private well and I do not have to deal with the intentional addition of this chemical into that water. At work on the other hand, the water is fluoridated and I try to keep consumption of that water down around 32 ounces a day. It can be tricky as I only drink coffee, tea or plain water during work hours.

What doesn't make sense and has never made sense to me is why they put it in the water. We swallow water and the fluoride bypasses the very thing it is allegedly supposed to benefit, the teeth. In mouthwash or toothpaste it makes some sense, in water not so. Of course man-made fluoride is just an industrial waste byproduct from manufacturing at Alcoa. Like soybean oil (<-- hydrogenated crap) and HFCS in food, this is all about corporations wanting to make additional profits from their industrial wastes and governments helping them to do so.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:03 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Thankfully my home is on a private well and I do not have to deal with the intentional addition of this chemical into that water. At work on the other hand, the water is fluoridated and I try to keep consumption of that water down around 32 ounces a day. It can be tricky as I only drink coffee, tea or plain water during work hours.

What doesn't make sense and has never made sense to me is why they put it in the water. We swallow water and the fluoride bypasses the very thing it is allegedly supposed to benefit, the teeth. In mouthwash or toothpaste it makes some sense, in water not so. Of course man-made fluoride is just an industrial waste byproduct from manufacturing at Alcoa. Like soybean oil (<-- hydrogenated crap) and HFCS in food, this is all about corporations wanting to make additional profits from their industrial wastes and governments helping them to do so.
There is no such thing as "man-made fluoride". All fluoride is identical.

Fluoride is added to water in order to protect children's teeth as they are forming. Water does not "bypass" the teeth when you drink it, unless you use a straw and deliberately try to avoid getting it on your teeth.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:33 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
It is all pretty much politics in the end. Easier to keep it out, rather than take it out. I know living on LI, which never had fluoride added to water supply, from time to time there were attempts to add it. Public screamed bloody murder about it. Always defeated. I have heard it has been the same where I now live in PA, where the attraction is all about nature. ADDING fluoride to the water supply is not "nature", even if it does occur in SMALL percentages naturally.

Bottom line you see is that local officials first and foremost want to keep their jobs. That depends on local elections. These local politicians, unless "medical professionals" themselves, will listen far more to the local voting public than any doctor, or dentist. Sorry, Suzy.

Last edited by Jo48; 09-17-2018 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:

You read the history Alcoa/Mellon = profits $$$//

Getting rid of their waste in public waters.

Be thankful you have your own well. Naturally occurring is one thing, but the other stuff, no way, nope....

And you can take it to the bank those employed by the industries, are paid pretty pennies to come into communities and push their programs and many council people have deep pockets for the payoffs.

Hopefully after decades this will change with the lawsuit. So many have fought this and $$$$ was not there for them nor the lawyers to fight it.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no such thing as "man-made fluoride". All fluoride is identical.

Fluoride is added to water in order to protect children's teeth as they are forming. Water does not "bypass" the teeth when you drink it, unless you use a straw and deliberately try to avoid getting it on your teeth.
We are NOT children, SQ. Same ole story. They sell F toothpaste for children's teeth too, but warn DO NOT SWALLOW...good grief.

And you think Alcoa really cared about children's teeth or any teeth for that matter?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-17-2018 at 01:34 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 03:49 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,305,573 times
Quote:

Be thankful you have your own well. Naturally occurring is one thing, but the other stuff, no way, nope....

And you can take it to the bank those employed by the industries, are paid pretty pennies to come into communities and push their programs and many council people have deep pockets for the payoffs.

Hopefully after decades this will change with the lawsuit. So many have fought this and $$$$ was not there for them nor the lawyers to fight it.
I will accept small amounts of naturally occurring Fluoride but I draw the line at governments meddling with things.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:28 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It is all pretty much politics in the end. Easier to keep it out, rather than take it out. I know living on LI, which never had fluoride added to water supply, from time to time there were attempts to add it. Public screamed bloody murder about it. Always defeated. I have heard it has been the same where I now live in PA, where the attraction is all about nature. ADDING fluoride to the water supply is not "nature", even if it does occur in SMALL percentages naturally.

Bottom line you see is that local officials first and foremost want to keep their jobs. That depends on local elections. These local politicians, unless "medical professionals" themselves, will listen far more to the local voting public than any doctor, or dentist. Sorry, Suzy.
If there were enough fluoride to cause fluorosis occurring "naturally" in your drinking water would removing the excess be "not 'nature'"?

About two thirds of the country drinks fluoridated water.

Quote:

The "other stuff" is exactly the same as what is "naturally occurring".

Quote:
We are NOT children, SQ. Same ole story. They sell F toothpaste for children's teeth too, but warn DO NOT SWALLOW...good grief.

And you think Alcoa really cared about children's teeth or any teeth for that matter?
Alcoa has nothing to do with water fluoridation. There is no big conspiracy to sell fluoride. No, children should not swallow fluoridated toothpaste. Appropriate control of the dose is important.

Quote:
I will accept small amounts of naturally occurring Fluoride but I draw the line at governments meddling with things.
If there were enough fluoride occurring naturally in your drinking water to cause fluorosis would removing the excess be acceptable to you? Should "governments" do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals