Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,624,303 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Yes, April Fools Day. Anyone know where that came from anyway? I'm sure my kids will have fun today with the pranks...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/chair.gif (broken link)http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/aprilfools.gif (broken link)...Well, after completing other chores yesterday morning, I never got to do a work-out. Today, is a must. Today is day 8 without one. Which means, going to be a tough time completing it. If I don't, going to join NCN at the aquatic center. Today, workout, a bit of laundry, should be it. Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/6a00d8341c2d2753ef00e550df502988-1.gif (broken link)...have a wonderful day! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/aprilfools-happyday.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 06:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,134,994 times
morning jeannie

I have been trying to think of 1 or 7 to pull on hubby

diet pepsi so far
the kids have all had their breakfast lol ralph takes longer to eat so the other 2 are stalking him just waiting for him to look the other way so they can sneak in and help him finish

heading out to walk in a few mins

Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Karla, Izzy, and where are all the others. I found a new book at the grocery store and it is a good one. WOMAN'S DAY WEIGHT LOSS PLAN by Kathy Isoldi. It has a 30 day 1200 calorie guide with choices for each meal. It also has an exchange list if you don't prefer the choices listed. I told you before that I am so tired of choosing what to eat each day, so help has arrived. It is a 2003 book. ISBN 2-85018-645-7. Your library may have it or you might be able to get it through interlibrary loan. That is why I included the ISBN number. The diet is low glycemic which is what my doctor is recommending for me.

I am already exchanging, because it suggested low fat cottage cheese for breakfast and I don't eat cottage cheese. I didn't have any walnuts on hand today, so I substituted there too.

Here goes!

Breakfast: Strawberry yogurt, four almonds, banana, coffee and milk.

Oh, that banana should have been a pear! What was I thinking?

I don't want to misrepresent this lady's really good book. I am just using it as a guideline. By the time I have finished substituting, it may be high glycemic. LOL

Karla, our cat Samantha has to eat fast or the birds, the possum or the big gray cat, or the big yellow cat, or the medium black and white cat will come and eat her food. By the amount of cat food we buy, you would think we had ten cats. I saw 2 deer down the street yesterday. I have only seen deer in my yard once.

Last edited by NCN; 04-01-2008 at 07:56 AM..

Old 04-01-2008, 08:24 AM

72,423 posts, read 18,208,733 times
Good morning everyone!
NCN that book sounds good,but I can never follow it, You would have to be cooking all the time, it's great for a family then you won't waste all these things. try it!

scrambled eggs on wheat toast & grapejuice this morning

Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 AM

well, I was already to do my step work-out, put in the tape, and...well, the tape has played its last work-out...broken. I ordered a new one and did a Power 90 work-out instead...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM

grilled chicken with melted mozzarella cheese with teriyaki sauce on whole wheat roll. (yummy ) Blimpies
red grapes
tea

Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Izzy, I didn't have time to cook the dinner, but substituted something similar. I went to the 4:30 water aerobics class. This one was the real thing. Not slow motion like our range of motion class. I may live. Every muscle in my body is sore. Then I stopped off at the grocery store and it was almost 7 when I got back home.

Lunch: 1 oz. turkey slices
1 oz. ham slices
Cracked wheat bread
10 mini dill pickles
sliced tomato on sandwich
Coffee and milk
Afternoon snack in grocery store (samples) piece of apple, piece of grapefruit, and a couple bites of some muffin??
Dinner: Mesquite chicken breast--cooks in 1/2 hour
While it was cooking I prepared a salad of lettuce, cucumber, celery, couple handfuls of slaw mix
I used Olive Garden dressing 2 T.
Coffee and milk
Finished coffee with 8 waffle crackers and low fat cream cheese
Snack right before bed: Tangerine and coffee and milk

Can't wait to see what I get to eat tomorrow. I love the choices this doctor makes. There really isn't a lot of cooking so far.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 AM

It all sounds good NCN. With these choices do you still count points? My day didn't finish well yesterday. After a couple bowls of Special K for dinner, my daughter and I snuggled in her bed, read a book together and munched on popcorn, then I hit some of the Girl Scout cookies after that. Today will be better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, I didn't have time to cook the dinner, but substituted something similar. I went to the 4:30 water aerobics class. This one was the real thing. Not slow motion like our range of motion class. I may live. Every muscle in my body is sore. Then I stopped off at the grocery store and it was almost 7 when I got back home.

Lunch: 1 oz. turkey slices
1 oz. ham slices
Cracked wheat bread
10 mini dill pickles
sliced tomato on sandwich
Coffee and milk
Afternoon snack in grocery store (samples) piece of apple, piece of grapefruit, and a couple bites of some muffin??
Dinner: Mesquite chicken breast--cooks in 1/2 hour
While it was cooking I prepared a salad of lettuce, cucumber, celery, couple handfuls of slaw mix
I used Olive Garden dressing 2 T.
Coffee and milk
Finished coffee with 8 waffle crackers and low fat cream cheese
Snack right before bed: Tangerine and coffee and milk

Can't wait to see what I get to eat tomorrow. I love the choices this doctor makes. There really isn't a lot of cooking so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals