Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,398 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Having 4 scheduled baseball games in the next 24 hours and a forecast for rain for the whole weekend is not good. My kids are going to be climbing the walls. Better think of an alternative for entertainment this weekend. So, after being released from our current realtor's contract this week and a new face coming over tomorrow, we are hopeful that change is good. She seems to feel she has a different philosophy when it comes to selling and is confident she can help us. We'll see what she has to say tomorrow. What is on the schedule for you today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:52 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,687,067 times
I saw your weather on TV this morning. We are lucky that front went through here last night. We got up to a really wet patio. One of my flower boxes turned upside down with the last storm and I still haven't fixed it. Dh got my compost bin together but it is still setting on the living room floor. He is off to Matthews to do more overtime and I will soon be going to the aquatic center.

Jeannie, I have a NC real estate brokers' license and sometimes I am so tempted to do that instead of messing around like I do. I am not really the volunteer type, but the work I did when I worked was helping people. Sometimes I miss that a little. I want to come up there and sell your house for you. Keep me posted and we will figure out a way to get that done.

2 strawberry waffles and coffee and milk and a pudding cup that I should not have had. I will have to go exercise extra!

Last edited by NCN; 05-16-2008 at 07:39 AM..

Old 05-16-2008, 07:00 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,399,608 times
Good morning ladies.

My workday is nearly finished. Unfortunately it's a bit boring at the moment.

Had an early start today and started work at 6:30 a.m. Not it's 3 p.m. and I'm almost on the way home.

Chocolate milk for breakfast.
Leftover spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and a chicken breast stuffed with mozzarelly.

I'm off now.
We're going to my aunts birthday today and afterwards it's SHOPPING TIME - yippie. My cousin, her bf and me will go to the mall. Looking forward to it.

See you around.
Take care
Diana

Old 05-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw your weather on TV this morning. We are lucky that front went through here last night. We got up to a really wet patio. One of my flower boxes turned upside down with the last storm and I still haven't fixed it. Dh got my compost bin together but it is still sitting on the living room floor. He is off to Matthews to do more overtime and I will soon be going to the aquatic center.

Jeannie, I have a NC real estate brokers' license and sometimes I am so tempted to do that instead of messing around like I do. I am not really the volunteer type, but the work I did when I worked was helping people. Sometimes I miss that a little. I want to come up there and sell your house for you. Keep me posted and we will figure out a way to get that done.

2 strawberry waffles and coffee and milk and a pudding cup that I should not have had. I will have to go exercise extra!
you are sweet NCN. You must be a great realtor. This new one is tough. She worked for IBM for years, very smart, very outspoken, and knows her stuff. I told my husband as long as you can handle her, I think she'll be perfect for the job.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:08 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,687,067 times
Miguel's Mom, I forgot to tell you about hushpuppies. Do you have corn bread over there? Hushpuppies are sort of a thicker corn bread dough deep fried. Usually they have a few more ingredients in them such as onions and/or sugar. They are good, but they are really not good for you. If you google "hushpuppie recipes" you will get a lot of different ways to make them. My very favorite ones are made at a barbecue place in Shelby, NC, right beside Highway 74. They are oblong instead of the round shape most hushpuppies have. I have done homemade ones and mine were oblong too.

Last edited by NCN; 05-16-2008 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Good morning ladies.

My workday is nearly finished. Unfortunately it's a bit boring at the moment.

Had an early start today and started work at 6:30 a.m. Not it's 3 p.m. and I'm almost on the way home.

Chocolate milk for breakfast.
Leftover spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and a chicken breast stuffed with mozzarelly.

I'm off now.
We're going to my aunts birthday today and afterwards it's SHOPPING TIME - yippie. My cousin, her bf and me will go to the mall. Looking forward to it.

See you around.
Take care
Diana
Hi Diana! How is Miguel adjusting to your work schedule?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:04 AM

72,466 posts, read 18,225,645 times
Good morning! thunderstorms and rain is what we need here! too hot and muggy with the smog starting to be the prominent issue here.

Jeannie,it's very important to connect to your realtor. It's that instant first impression and the "click" you have with one another

fruit juice
soymillk oatbran

Old 05-16-2008, 08:05 AM

Izzy, then we need to send some of this rain to you.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 AM

72,466 posts, read 18,225,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Izzy, then we need to send some of this rain to you.
Oh,we really need that

Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 PM

long day today and really didn't focus on what I was eating but I'm sure it wasn't all great. I did watch ET with my little ones which was fun. Have a good night and see you all tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals