Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:55 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Well, between vacation last week and summer camp this past week for the kids, somehow I managed to miss an entire week of exercising with a very poor choice of foods. This morning going to ease back into it with a Taebo cardio work-out and the CPR team at the sidelines. Really though, just after a week without my routine, I have so much less energy. Exercising and healthy food choices really make a difference in my life. So, what are everyone's plans for today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Saturday everyone! Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 06-28-2008 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 07:27 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Jeannie, I think the heat is probably getting to all of us. I know it is to me. I hate going outside. We have 3 huge windows in our main living area (great room) and it is really nice to be inside with air conditioning and look out to a pretty view. The illusion stops when I go outside. It is hot!

Coffee and milk
2 strawberry eggos
large fat banana

Old 06-28-2008, 07:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning Jeannie and NCN-

Breakfast-low fat raspberry yogurt, banana, grape nuts and honey.
Lunch-?
Dinner-either pepper,onion,egg subs or ribs,baked potato.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:48 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Good morning!

A/C something I can only dream of. It is not usual for Germany to have A/C in your house. Not even in office buildings. So we're sweating everywhere we go...

I'm glad we have a break with the hot weather, it's only in the low 70s and we also have rain from time to time.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. After work I had to drive to the doc to get a medical certificate that DS is healthy and can go back to the day nursery on Monday. Of course I had to pay 2,40 USD for it.
Then I picked DS up at my grandparents garden and went home with him, got changed and went to my aunts flat where my aunts and my cousin were already waiting. Then our friend, the hairdresser came.
My cousin brought DS back home when I got my hair done and I was home at 6:30 p.m.

At 8 p.m. our friends picked us up and we drove to a nearby town where there was a medieval town event. It was really great, they had so many different things to by, handcrafted wooden kitchen utensils, jewelry, clothes, candles etc. They had really delicious food and we stayed till 1 a.m.

Today I already went grocery shopping with my parents and DS. After lunch I had to take a nap b/c tonight we'll go to a birthday party of a friend and I believe we won't be home tonight but rather at about 2 or 3 a.m....

No breakfast for me today.
Lunch was potatoes, meatballs and cream sauce
Snack: some strawberries.

I just baked a cake with sour cream / poppy seed / peach topping. I can't wait till it's cool enough to have a bite.

Okay, off to prepare the presents for tonight.

Have a great day all...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:32 AM

72,421 posts, read 18,205,480 times
Good morning everyone!
Jeannie, It does take energy back to the usual stuff,me too especially coming back from Taiwan..getting the flu and took about more than a week to get settled. and we are still young! but my mom was more tired,she is 88,she didn't get sick but it took her longer to get back to things

Diana,that midieval event must have been fun, I always love to visit an event

supplements
coffee
scrambled egg whites and toast

have a good weekend!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Hi everyone. Finally, a Taebo cardio work-out this morning.

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 06-28-2008, 04:09 PM

Default taco night...

2 tacos made with turkey meat (no fixins, just the meat)

reduced fat, no added sugar ice cream

Old 06-28-2008, 04:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Lunch was the leftover cold cuts I have been heating and reheating for a couple of days. We just don't want a lot of meat. Usually it would have been gone a long time ago. I steamed the beef this time so it would not turn into leather. I had that with instant potatoes flavored with cheese and onion slices and tomato slices. I gave the rest of the beef to the cat. This was the third time it had been on the table. She said thank you. I also included some cream cheese that is getting old. Mr. VA said she thinks she is human. We may be adopting another cat. We have about 4 that eat here every once in a while and come to party with Samantha when we go on vacation, but we have a little grey cat that seems to almost stay lately. It is still scared of us, but I can see it wants to be friends.

Miguels mom, we didn't used to have air conditioning in the NC mountains either. It got really hot this time of year when Mom was canning green beans for the Winter. At night the cool air would come down from the trees along the Blue Ridge Parkway, blow into our windows and cool everything off. Air conditioning is not a luxury here, it is a necessity. Our low today is almost 70 and the high is between 90 and 100. Just walking to the compost bin and then taking a little tour of the yard looking for Mr. VA (my new name on here for dh) who had come inside just when I went outside, I had water running down my face. He had been looking for me in the house. This place is not that big, we are just getting old.

Dinner will be mesquite chicken breast and corn on the cob and of course coffee and milk. I may have some water mellon a little later if we don't go to bed early, but we probably will. We get up at 5:45 in the morning to go to early church.

Izzy, Lacey, Jeannie, Diane, and anybody I missed. Have a happy Sunday.

I had ice cream when Mr. VA came in from mowing the front yard a few minutes ago. I heard a thunder boomer and called him in. He mowed the back yesterday.

Last edited by NCN; 06-28-2008 at 04:45 PM..

Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
OMG we just had pepper/onion/egg subs on crusty Italian bread from Carlstadt,NJ-I think I died and went to heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG we just had pepper/onion/egg subs on crusty Italian bread from Carlstadt,NJ-I think I died and went to heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacey, are you visiting NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals