Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,624,303 times

Advertisements

Good morning! How is everyone? I was actually going to wait on this until things progressed more, but I figured I could used some positive vibes from the rest of you. Friday we went under contract with our home...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/excited.gif (broken link)...and last night we were given less than 24 hours noticed for the inspection. So, tonight at 5:00 pm, I could use as many positive vibes as everyone can send this way. We have a way to go with inspections and buyer's loan approval but we are saying our prayers we will be on our way to NC by the end of August. So whats on your schedule for today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Tuesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 05:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Oh Jeannie I am so very thrilled for you and have my eyes, fingers, toes, etc crossed. What a stressful time this all is and you're almost there!!!!!

Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:26 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,390,980 times
Jeannie, can you already feel the good vibes I'm sending. I'm beaming! Hopefully my colleague sitting infront of me won't notice lol

I wish you all the best! Will keep thinking of you and keep all my bodyparts crossed!

w/w bun with cream cheese, cucumber and a slice of cheese for breakfast
w/w bun with cream cheese, cucumber and a slice of turkey breast for lunch
small chocolate pudding for snack

I try to behave myself tonight b/c I'm going to a photoshooting tomorrow and my belly should be as flat as it gets
I got an offer for a "friends shooting". You can come with a friend (so I take my friend Nicole who's always with me in such things) and share a photo shooting. Every girl gets two make-ups and two hair styles for the out fit you choose. About 50 photos are taken all in all of you and you get them on CD. It costs 125 USD but that's really cheap here and she's a really good photographer. I'm really looking forward to it. And I don't know what to wear yet...

Tonight's step aerobic classes so that's my only plan for the day.

Have a great day!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 AM

Thank you both for the good vibes, I can actually feel them. Diana, I want the first copy of your magazine cover when your famous.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,952,934 times
Jeannie, I can only imagine what you're going through with today's market, but I have no doubts you will handle, with the usual grace I have been able to note within you from all your posts, anything that comes up. Nonetheless, I honestly have made a note on my desk at work, and everytime I see it, I will stop to send the positive thoughts (pssst.. you should feel them now!! ). I hope all goes well!!!

6:45 - Two breakfast tacos, vitamin, 1/2 Coke.

Lunch will be leftover shepard's pie and the other 1/2 of my Coke.

Diana... where are you? England? You have a British spelling for some words, or way of saying things. You HAVE to send us pics when you get them done!! Also, do you find that w/w works? I was thinking of starting that in conjunction with my workouts.

Plan for today is a lot of reading. At 40+ I'm taking college classes. Guess I finally decided to get serious about my degree. Man... not easy!! But ... 4 more classes until the Bachelors. I will be only the 2nd person in my entire family to have ever had one! Now I just have to kick my wife in the bottom to get her RN or LVN certifications!! Her ex wouldn't let her because she would make more money than him. What a moron!

Have a great day, all!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 AM

Steve thank you for your positive thoughts today, I can feel them. Diana is in Germany . Congrats on your degree by the way, that is fantastic! Is your wife an L.P.N.? When I was a single mom with my first 2 children I got my L.P.N. and then went back to school for my R.N. It wasn't easy but it was so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Jeannie, I can only imagine what you're going through with today's market, but I have no doubts you will handle, with the usual grace I have been able to note within you from all your posts, anything that comes up. Nonetheless, I honestly have made a note on my desk at work, and everytime I see it, I will stop to send the positive thoughts (pssst.. you should feel them now!! ). I hope all goes well!!!

Diana... where are you? England? You have a British spelling for some words, or way of saying things. You HAVE to send us pics when you get them done!! Also, do you find that w/w works? I was thinking of starting that in conjunction with my workouts.

Plan for today is a lot of reading. At 40+ I'm taking college classes. Guess I finally decided to get serious about my degree. Man... not easy!! But ... 4 more classes until the Bachelors. I will be only the 2nd person in my entire family to have ever had one! Now I just have to kick my wife in the bottom to get her RN or LVN certifications!! Her ex wouldn't let her because she would make more money than him. What a moron!

Have a great day, all!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:36 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,390,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post

Have a great day, all!
Steve, thanks for the compliment. I'm German and in school we only have British English. So I use all of my CD friends to practice English and gain more and more vocabularies. I guess I would be fine staying in the US and would get along quite well. At least I could make myself understood

I know how hard classes can be. With the difference in the school system over here I had studies after several years of work. I went out of school with 18, didn't study but had an apprentice ship in a company where I worked in sales and marketing. The apprentice ship had a duration of 2 and a half year (mostly it's 3 but I had excellent marks and could earn more money half a year earlier ). Then after 3 years I started studies again which took me one and a half year. Now I can call myself business administrator for trade which is kinda bachelor. It was really really hard and I learned so many things. At the end with all the learning I was near a nervous break down but I passed my exams really well.
So I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:21 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Rathagos, congratulations on the degree; Jeannie, congratulations on everything and I hope you get to NC before the school year starts. With all the new people, your children should be just one of the bunch. We did have some schools starting toward the first or second week in August and then our NC Legislature changed our state laws so this could not happen. It was ruining the labor force for our theme parks. LOL Diane, happy pictures. I have been signing on and getting so many e-mails, I don't have time for this website.
Rathagos, my daughter just graduated from nursing school and she is 42, but don't tell anybody. She would shoot me for telling you she is that old. That is 42 going on 29. She already had a degree in marketing and worked in a hospital. They had a program for training nurses. All she had to do was maintain an A or B gpa and I believe everything else was paid for. You might want to check in your area for something like that. She will be working in their hospital for a certain number of years, but she would have done that anyway. While working in the other job in the hospital, she came to realize that she had a four year degree and the nurses were making more than she was.

coffee and milk
banana
2 eggo waffles

So the 40 year man said, "If I got a degree, it will take four years I will be 44 years old when I graduate college." And the other man said, "And how old will you be in four years if you don't go to college."

Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 AM

72,424 posts, read 18,208,733 times
Yeaya!!! So happy for you Jeannie! crossing my fingers,toes and sending positive energy and vibes!! just stay positive!!

I got up early went out for my walk,I feel great! It's another postive day!

Just had some peaches and a banana,will have something later!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:09 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,952,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Is your wife an L.P.N.?
Jeannie... no.. she is a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) .. or is it "Aide?" In any case, in Texas it's called LVN (I think the V stands for vocational). It's the same as LPN in Calif (and prob FL?). Just different here. For example, when she initially got her CNA in PA she could administer meds and shots. But in Texas, CNA is not authorized to do those things. It's a different ceritification.

She's hemming and hawing, because she knows if I get her into those classes, she's probably going RN if she goes LVN. She works for a pediatrician now. She will probably go back into the clinic as an LVN or RN afterwards, not right into the hospital. There's so many shortages here in our town, that nurses kind of rotate and pick and choose. Not good for the Doctors... but they manage, I assume.

She's also interested in finance, and would like to possibly become a CPA and work as a bookkeeper for a company. That's her only hesitation in dedicating her studies for nursing.

I have a friend/co-worker who sits right next to me who's wife has a Master's in Nursing and is going for her Doctorate. I tease him all the time that she's going to be Dr. Nurse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals