Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:21 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,635,325 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I always have such a hard time saying goodbye to the summer months. I have to say though I've heard that NC is beautiful in the fall so I am looking forward to that. So what is on your schedule for today? I'm going to pull out the old steps and do a much needed Kathy Smith step work-out this morning... . Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times
Morning Jeannie-not sure yet, first cup of coffee hasn't fully kicked in. Just can't believe July's gone.

Do you have a closing date? I'm so happy for you.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Jeannie-not sure yet, first cup of coffee hasn't fully kicked in. Just can't believe July's gone.

Do you have a closing date? I'm so happy for you.
Good morning Judi. Right now the lawyers are still negotiating for a credit for repairs at closing. We're not sure what they are expecting so my lawyer is kind of feeling them out before we offer anything yet. At this point, I'll give them whatever they want just to get out of here. I am praying for a mid August closing date.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:23 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
Jeannie, we moved into our home just a little Southwest of where you will probably be on November 1, 1975. There was an odor in the house I was allergic to--later found out it was the kitchen cabinets. We kept our windows open for about 15 days and were very comfortable. It got a little chilly, but not too bad. Fall is absolutely beautiful in NC. When we redecorated a couple of years ago, we just painted the cabinets white. They were brown. Now they look very country with the old antique gold handles. The Raleigh area gets more snow than we do, but don't expect a white Christmas. Winter is January 15 until February 15. It can get messy during that time and sometimes we have a little snow at other times.

Coffee and milk
peanut bar
orange

We are headed up to snow country today. Mr. VA is on vacation all next week and is finished working for this week. It won't be snowing, but it will probably be about 10 degrees cooler.

Oh, good morning everybody. That's like saying, good morning y'all.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 AM

72,467 posts, read 18,226,837 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,NCN

How time flies! August means that we need to get our projects going and finish it.
Jeannie! hope for the best! I would love to visit you all out there someday!

Coffee first...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 AM

I would love that too Izzy. Matter of fact I've never been to California so I would love to come and see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,NCN

How time flies! August means that we need to get our projects going and finish it.
Jeannie! hope for the best! I would love to visit you all out there someday!

Coffee first...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times
Jeannie have you bought in NC yet or are you going to rent and look? Our plan is to put all in storage and rent til we find the right home.

Made a big tuna/pasta salad with peas, onions, celery, pimentoes, low fat mayo for tonight.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM

Exactly. We're going to rent a home for about a year and then purchase. This way we can sock some money away also. After a step work-out...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Jeannie have you bought in NC yet or are you going to rent and look? Our plan is to put all in storage and rent til we find the right home.

Made a big tuna/pasta salad with peas, onions, celery, pimentoes, low fat mayo for tonight.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,701,729 times
Default oh yummy Lacey!

Ok, so it is wayyyy past breakfast and I had some iced tea and that's it. Guess I will start thinking about lunch in a lil' bit. Where did the morning go?

OMGosh NCN what a cutie pie!!!!!! She is adorable roonie!!!! Many happy congrats. Makes me think I want one.

Izzy are we having an NC party?

For me, this is the summer months. Last 2 weeks in July and first 2 weeks in Aug can be downright too hot and humid. ug.
So I usually hide this time of the year indoors.

Jeannie, as NCN can tell yaz too, it will probably feel like summer to ya all the way until January and February coming from NJ. Ok not quite like summer, but temps should be pretty tolerable.

Now hurry up and get here.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:23 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,959,997 times
Hey all, and nice to meet you Autumn.

Late this morning... had problems with the computer servers yesterday trying to get the software package for the learning management system to successfully go through it's functional check. No such luck. So, no sooner did I get here, than I grabbed my cohort in crime and we went back to the server room. Still can't get it running right, so I went back to the original company that made the software and am waiting for an email back. Whew!!

6:45 - Two breakfast tacos, no vitamins (yeah.. I did it again!), 1 sip of Coke... so you know I was crabby!

Lunch will be leftovers of last night's dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals