Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:35 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,903,804 times

Advertisements

Yes - Rath as Lacey stated - they're delicious when hot and good cream cheese.

I usually get mine from Dunkin Donuts because its early in the morning and they have them out fresh. In NY you can get bagels on almost every corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM

72,428 posts, read 18,210,652 times
never heard of anything bagel,sounds good!

love the garlic one too!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Izzy, to me eating on a bagel is about the same as chewing on a piece of leather. I prefer doughnuts. My teeth are getting old, I'm afraid I will pull them out eating a bagel. I tried one once. I tried grits and iced tea once too. Have you ever had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut? They are absolutely melt in your mouth good. I even like them when they get about three days old.

We stayed overnight at a hotel in Blowing Rock years ago. I think the name was Meadowbrook. They had a balcony over the grounds that had a little stream through it. We got our breakfast of doughnuts and coffee and went out on the balcony. It was too cold out there for most people so we had it just to ourselves. We both still remember that breakfast. Our doughnuts had a cherry filling. It was so much better than the raspberry that they usually have. I think that is the best doughnut I have ever had.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 AM

72,428 posts, read 18,210,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, to me eating on a bagel is about the same as chewing on a piece of leather. I prefer doughnuts. My teeth are getting old, I'm afraid I will pull them out eating a bagel. I tried one once. I tried grits and iced tea once too. Have you ever had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut? They are absolutely melt in your mouth good. I even like them when they get about three days old.

We stayed overnight at a hotel in Blowing Rock years ago. I think the name was Meadowbrook. They had a balcony over the grounds that had a little stream through it. We got our breakfast of doughnuts and coffee and went out on the balcony. It was too cold out there for most people so we had it just to ourselves. We both still remember that breakfast. Our doughnuts had a cherry filling. It was so much better than the raspberry that they usually have. I think that is the best doughnut I have ever had.
You right NCN, I like it toasted though. easier to eat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals