Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times

Advertisements

Good morning, Jeannie, Judi, Diana, Izzy, and Steve, BB!
Had to stay off the computer because we were talking to the floor people. I don't know which one of us was more confused. Not a good sign. We'll work it out, I am sure.

Mr. VA still sounds awful, but luckily his workweek is over, so he can chill out a little. My throat is still a little scratchy and my nose is a little stuffy, but I feel fine. I talked him into taking an aspirin. Mr. VA is doing his grocery store run and I am about to get ready to get my hair cut. I have been studying old pictures so I can tell my lady what the new style is that I want. I am looking for a little old lady haircut that is easy care. I will let you know how it turns out. I may get it colored too?? No curl though.

Breakfast was 2 strawberry eggos with calcium shedd spread plus coffee and milk. Izzy, is that healthy enough? LOL I know it is not. Just teasing. I will try to do better!

Judi, congratulations on being a 2 star general. Thanks for the rep. I will be lucky if I get there before getting banned. I need to stay off the political forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Judi, congratulations on being a 2 star general. Thanks for the rep. I will be lucky if I get there before getting banned. I need to stay off the political forum.
that is the reason I stick close to home NCN. Keeps me out of trouble.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,743 times
Steve, Halloween exists over here too. Just your good American influence. Altho' I would like to see it celebrated at your place. Here it's no so common just some kids running around on trick or treat, some years not even 3 or 4 times the bell is ringing.
My family doesn't celebrate it at all but I like the decorations b/c they are so much like fall with pumpkins, mushrooms, colorful leaves etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Hi, Jeannie, Judi, Diana, Izzy, and NCN!!

It Was actually in the 40's this morning! How great is that? I'm really a fall/winter person. I get depressed in the spring and summer. Just too hot, and I no longer had the "bod" I did when I was lifeguarding at 19!! So, going outside isn't the same for me.. hehe

I can see the icons in your post fine, Jeannie.

The weather's a'changin'... that means cold season is right around the corner. But, that means pumpkins on the portch, cornacopia's (sp?) on the table! I've already considered new stockings with embroidered names for the fireplace mantle this year.

Please pardon my ignorance, Diana... but do y'all celebrate Halloween or anything like it?

There really hasn't been anything out in movies that I want to see this year. I'm more of a science fiction/space fan.

Okay.. I'll close with this. For some reason, the editor for when I type these is freaking out. It's jamming all my paragraphs into one. So, after I hit "Submit Reply" if it bunches all my paragraphs up (6 of them), I apologize. I'll try to edit them later if I can for ease of readibility.

Edit: Hehe... as a computer web-developer, knowing code helps! Should look better now!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,844,780 times
NCN you're braver than I am-that's shark country in that forum. Glad you're feeling better.

I am so full-went out for lunch and had a chicken/spinach wrap. Funny I hate that feeling anymore.

I'm in the minority as I hate Halloween!!!! Even did as a kid many moons ago.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,948,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Steve, Halloween exists over here too. Just your good American influence. Altho' I would like to see it celebrated at your place. Here it's no so common just some kids running around on trick or treat, some years not even 3 or 4 times the bell is ringing.
My family doesn't celebrate it at all but I like the decorations b/c they are so much like fall with pumpkins, mushrooms, colorful leaves etc...
Sad part (I guess that's all point of view, really) is that because I live in what many consider a more affluent area, many of the kids from the north side of town come down here. They are dropped off by their parents who follow them up and down the street in their cars.

We actually see more kids from outside of our neighborhood than inside of it.

But... it's for the kids, what can you say. Some people are luckier that they are better off than others. I don't know what I'd do if I were in that position. There has to be some pride-swallowing going on.

I'm not wild about the decorations and stuff. I just like watching the kids faces as they wear their costumes and take on those roles. They really are princesses and Superman, etc.

I just like the fall decorations (not necessarily Halloween). Pumpkins, oranges and yellows and browns. Leaves, etc.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:44 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,197,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
This is the movie coming out in theater soon that I'm waiting for Izzy.

Diane Lane and Richard Gere in Nights in Rodanthe « FirstShowing.net
Oh,that I want to see! I saw the previews

Old 09-18-2008, 02:47 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,197,553 times
Quote:
Good morning, Jeannie, Judi, Diana, Izzy, and Steve, BB!
Had to stay off the computer because we were talking to the floor people. I don't know which one of us was more confused. Not a good sign. We'll work it out, I am sure.

Mr. VA still sounds awful, but luckily his workweek is over, so he can chill out a little. My throat is still a little scratchy and my nose is a little stuffy, but I feel fine. I talked him into taking an aspirin. Mr. VA is doing his grocery store run and I am about to get ready to get my hair cut. I have been studying old pictures so I can tell my lady what the new style is that I want. I am looking for a little old lady haircut that is easy care. I will let you know how it turns out. I may get it colored too?? No curl though.

Breakfast was 2 strawberry eggos with calcium shedd spread plus coffee and milk. Izzy, is that healthy enough? LOL I know it is not. Just teasing. I will try to do better!

I think it's healthy if you eat just half of it. anything half is healthy,what do you think?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Did anybody used to have a Halloween Carnival at school with a king and queen and prince and princess of Halloween. I am sure none of us realized what that would mean in the spirit world, but it was a lot of fun in my elementary school. It was our major fund raiser for the school. Each class would set up for one activity, such as fishing, knock the bottles down, etc. Just like a real carnival. People running for the k,q,p,and princess would walk through the halls with a glass jar with their picture inside collecting pennies with each penny equaling a vote. The one with the most votes won. I ran for princess once and when we saw that I was not going to win, we gave my pennies to a friend who was also running. The end of the carnival was the crowning of the royals.

Next thing you know everybody was up in arms about the way this was chosen and people stopped having to pay money to vote. Political correctness spoils everything. LOL We didn't care if the richest parents in the school paid a lot of money to the school to have their child chosen. The school still got the benefit from it.

I went trick or treating for the first time when I was about 16 and a friend talked me into it. It wasn't much fun. Most of it was walking. We walked at least 5 miles and more like ten miles and got home later than we should. I don't think I ever lived closer than 1/10 mile to my nearest neighbor before I was 18 and married.

Best trick or treating I have ever been on is when the local mall set up so each store would give a treat to the children. Our daughter got a lot of loot.

Hair is O. K. but not great. It was not long enough for what I wanted, so we have one of those in between haircuts.

Speaking of movies, has anybody seen the old one called 12th Knight with Richard Gere as Lancelot. There is one scene in that movie that is absolutely electric when King Arthur walks in on Lancelot and the Lady kissing. No dialogue, just looks, and wow!

Last edited by NCN; 09-18-2008 at 03:13 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,948,153 times
Quote:
Speaking of movies, has anybody seen the old one called 12th Knight with Richard Gere as Lancelot. There is one scene in that movie that is absolutely electric when King Arthur walks in on Lancelot and the Lady kissing. No dialogue, just looks, and wow!
*rolls eyes and sighs*

Chick flicks...

Give me a good sci-fi anyday! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals