Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times

Advertisements

Good morning! So, somehow recently I injured my pinkie finger and although its been bothering me for a week or so, yesterday becoming painful, red and swollen with some visible puss from underneath the nailbed, I feared a Staph infection. Now, needless to say my husband and I are not working yet and are without heath benefits so it was hard to force myself to get this checked out and pay out of pocket but I knew it needed to be done. After a shot and prescribed antibiotics, I'm hoping to avoid an incision and draining, we'll see. Additionally, they put me on the scale for the first time in months and yes, I'm up about 10 lbs! So now there will be some serious work here for me......Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Tuesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 05:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Morning all-Jeannie that could be muscle weight.

Glad you got that taken care of.

Yogurt again and for dinner a beef veg stew-made with very lean beef, lots of fresh vegs.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-Jeannie that could be muscle weight.

Glad you got that taken care of.

Yogurt again and for dinner a beef veg stew-made with very lean beef, lots of fresh vegs.
Good morning Judi! Some of it may be, but I'm sure some of it is all the ice cream I've been indulging in after dinner time.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Good morning Judi! Some of it may be, but I'm sure some of it is all the ice cream I've been indulging in after dinner time.
Judi, how are things with the house?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,016 times
Morning!

Jeannie, hope your finger gets better soon! Good you had it looked at. Judi is right, 10 lbs must be muscle wait by all the stress you had and all the healthy eating...

Judi, I have lots of veggies in the fridge, can I send them over and you will send a ready-to-eat box back to me lol???

I have a splurging day AGAIN!!!
half a slice of w/w bread with cheese and salami
piece of apple cake
half a slice of w/w bread with cheese and salami
half a white wheat bun with liver sausage
small plate of left-over white cabbage in cream sauce

Tonight I'll cook veggies in Chinese hot chili sauce with Basmati rice.

Step aerobic lesson planned for 7 p.m.

Have a glorious day all!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,527 times
Good morning all.

Jeannie, sorry to hear about your finger, but it's better safe than sorry. You did the right thing. And if you have to have it lanced, you should do it. I know you know this, but you can't put a price on your health.

I also agree with Judi and Diana. With all the packing and moving, you may be putting on muscle weight.. and as I know from experience, muscle weighs more than fat (that's why after a while when I was working out at the gym, I had gained weight). It may also be some water weight that you haven't had the opportunity to work off yet, because you've been so busy. That will come off fast once you start moving more.

Light day today, will probably go to Subway for lunch.

Talk to y'all later.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 AM

Thanks everyone for all your support, it means alot. I'm going to continue with my work-outs and just try and cut out the late night snacking. Hopefully that will help.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Jeannie-nothing going on with house. Listing up 10/28 and we'll try FSBO.

Okay Diana!!! LOL.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,925,153 times
Morning Everyone -

Im going to be on and off this week, as we continue to have fire drills on my job because of the wild swings in the Markets....

Breakfast:
Egg McMuffin
Hashbrown
Iced Coffee (Mc'D Iced Coffee isnt too bad) I still prefer my DD.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
GOOD MORNING! Jeannie, Judi, Steve, Diana, Izzy, and BB.
Jeannie, all the doctors in NC have their scales up 5 lbs. higher than thy should be so they can tell you, "You need to lose 5 lbs." Then if you are like me you probably weigh first thing in the morning when you have fewer clothes on. The result is that I always weigh more at the doctors office. Do you think you got a splinter in your finger? Hope it gets all better. We need to get you working.
Coffee and milk
strawberry yogurt
large banana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals