Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,626,748 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Had some things on my mind that I needed to take care of and here I am. Today will be catching up on some laundry, a little cleaning and thats it. After my 4 hour adventure yesterday that should have been much less, I'm sticking close to home. So what is on your schedule for today? Happy Tuesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Izzy,Steve and BB.

Jeannie hope the little one's okay-wow all this talk of fire ants and snakes!

NCN you are such a wonderful font of knowledge. I know Wachovia's headquaretered in Charlotte-this could be devastating. When I started in banking in 1981 they told us that there would eventually on be 10 major banks in the country by the mid 90's. Well that didn't happen then but appears to be happening now. Heard banks in NJ were mobbed yesterday.

BB-strap yourself to the desk for the wild ride.

Jeannie that sounds like a great job.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,954,427 times
Good morning, all.

First of all, congratulations on the job, Jeannie! Wonderful to hear. And in today's job market, it was nice that you got one so fast.

NCN, I hear you. There are people here in the office who are considering pulling their money out (banks, 401ks, stocks, etc.). One guy called his corporate office to stop the deductions for his 401k. I would think NOW is a great time to buy... while prices are low. Me, I'm taking a loss of an average of 12% in my 401k... but I know it's a long term investment portfolio, so I'm just riding out the storm, so to speak.

BB - I know yesterday had to be a rough day for you, hopefully there's some rebound for you today, so that you can do some "good news" work for a while. It obviously won't recoup the entire loss, but any rebound would be nice.

Diana - Still jealous of the things you eat! Gonna kidnap ya and bring you to the States to teach me to cook them... then you can go back!

Judi - With the market, have you back-burnered your house for now? Haven't heard much mention from you recently.

Izzy - Seems it's just you and I that are just maintaining the status quo.

Two breakfast taco's, 1/2 Coke.
Lunch will be left over Stroganoff I made from scratch yesterday (except the pasta, of course). Used portabella mushrooms with the regular white buttons in the sauce yesterday, added a nice earthy flavor.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,392,556 times
Hey Jeannie, Judi and Steve and all those who will follow. I hope you all enjoy your Tuesday.

It's grey, cold and raining today so I will stay indoors with DS. I'm planning to draw/paint with DS today. It's been so long since I put his hands and feet into water colors and printed their size on paper. So that's what we'll do today. I guess I have to clean up a lot afterwards

Yesterday evening I started watching The Lord of the Rings extended version while ironing and enjoyed a cup of icecream right after I finished with all the clothes.

Today I had a slice of w/w bread with a slice of cheese and some slices of cucumber for breakfast.
Lunch was spaghetti and a small chicken breast topped with tomatoes and cheese.
A colleague brought some doughnuts. Sometimes I'm really glad I don't live at your places b/c I love doughnuts! I guess I would be round and rolling about when I lived in the States

Steve, when can I come over to visit you? Cooking should be no problem but I'd like to taste so many of all the dishes I find in this forum. Yummie....

NCN, any ironing planned for tonight?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:50 AM

Steve-not sure-listing's up 10/28 and think we'll try FSBO as we can lop of 6%! and compete with townhomes being built up the road. Also 3 weeks ago we moved everything into CD's.

Say yesterday I grabbed a pair of jeans, put them on-they fell off! Time for suspenders.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Say yesterday I grabbed a pair of jeans, put them on-they fell off! Time for suspenders.
Forget the suspenders!!! When you loose that much, it's time to celebrate with new clothes!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Yesterday evening I started watching The Lord of the Rings extended version while ironing and enjoyed a cup of icecream right after I finished with all the clothes.
Okay... gonna show my "geekness" here, but I love the Lord of the Rings movies!! Those were the first books I remember reading when I was in High School. I even used to play D&D. I love fantasy... life is depressing enough! lol

I know your family life takes a lot of your personal time from you, but if you ever get a chance to read, I know of a great fantasy author for you.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,626,748 times
oatmeal with sliced banana
water with supplements

Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM

Went to lunch with a friend and while I wasn't bad I wasn't my strict self. Had chinese vegs/beef and scoop of rice, egg drop soup,

Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,905,179 times
Hey Gang -

I was finally able to pull myself away from the Chaos for a quick minute (acutally it took me 45 minutes to get this type) Phone, Blackberry, Email -UGH!!

Breakfast:
Everything Bagel w/Scallion Cream Cheese

Lunch:
Tai - PAD Beef and Garlic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals